Rengar Thread of Bolas and Roaring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AntiSkillshot

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by denzel777x View Post
Just wanted to say don't listen to some of these comments Scruffy. I and many others appreciate and like what you're doing for the game .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cho for Athene View Post
I'm really enjoying his changes Scruffy. He's a lot more fun to play and to play against. I feel that you've done a great job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoyMachoboy View Post
I apologize Scruffy for some of these people being rude a$$holes. I haven't played the new Rengar but will certainly give a professional review.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galere2 View Post
In my honest opinion, I feel like the changes made him more balanced
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1davidj View Post
idk he seems pretty solid to me
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleOSP View Post
I actually love the new Rengar!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IS1446deaec4df9c0c6e94a View Post
IMO Right now Rengar isnt bad, he's actually pretty good.

Name:  notsureserious.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  53.0 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by negrosoap View Post
Rengar is not as bad as you guys are making him out to be. He needs a slight buff and he will be fine.
Like, the same they did for Skarner? Oh wait... they didn't do anything after reworking him...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotBuzzJack View Post
His Q gets my award for most bland ability. Compared to other attack resets it has nothing interesting going for it outside of the empowered version.

Shyvana's Q procs on hit effects twice, Mordekaiser's splashes to nearby targets, Jax's W procs spellvamp, Vi's E damages in an AOE behind the target, Blitz's E knocks up the target, Nasus' Q gets permanent damage from killing things, Garen's Q silences, Talon's Q applies a bleed, etc.

What does Rengar's Q do? More damage.
You forgot the part where all those other AA reset abilities, deal more damage than Rengar's Q...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Perenolde View Post
The first page says enough about this garbage community. The guy didn't HAVE to put a thread to follow up any changes, but here it is. Try giving actual feedback instead of slinging mud and hyperbole around like a bunch of children.
Answer...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorPain9 View Post
FYI they have tried this approach before. Go look at the Skarner rework thread. Hundreds of pages of positive feedback all ignored. Why would it be any different this time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellioning View Post
You've seen how basically all of the 'fire Scruffy, this rework is bad' posts have a bunch of upvotes, especially on the first page, right? Why would this change?
Because of how unattractive the Reddit style appears.
The hivemind mentality of a Reddit style is one reason to hate Reddit. But, for me, it's the appearance. It looks terrible.

Downvoted by people who believe the rework is actually good.

If I had hundreds of laugh GIFs, I would post them.

Xanru

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldmanj View Post
Darius is not a good comparison to use here. Darius has no form of built in sustain leaning him toward an all or nothing fighting style in large scale fights. Rengar on the other hand not only has a form of sustain he also is able to boost his own armor and magic resist making him even more difficult to take down. Like i just said in my own post if you are looking for rengar to be able to assassinate his targets, it isn't going to happen. With regard to thrill of the hunt I would agree that Kha'zix is a bit stronger than rengar atm and with the change to BTN it does feel like just Kha is coming out on top with the quest since BTN no longer loses stacks.
If Rengar is using his sustain he isn't doing damage, if Rengar isn't doing damage he isn't useful, because he has no utility in any other scenario. Darius has no built in sustain, but he has massive single target and AOE damage and the ability to stick to his target, he has the means and utility to force someone to deal with him. Rengar's aoe is nonexistant, his sticking power is unreliable and limited. He doesn't have the tools or bases to be a bruiser, and he doesn't have the tools or burst to be an assassin, nor the utility to be a tank.

Rengars W literally counteracts everything Rengar is as a character with his current kit. You never want to be in a scenario where you get more than one or two stacks, because it limits both your survivability and damage, he wants his target isolated so that he has the ability to get off his damage, which means that W's buff is largely useless, and the heal is largely worse unless you're already on deaths door.

The only time Rengar is actually difficult to take down is when he's building tank, in which case he quite literally not a threat unless he has a large lead, even then his threat level is iffy. Current Rengar has no cohesive goal, they need to just scrap his kit and start over or actually take and use the feedback that they were getting in the Rengar rework thread, or hell, give it back to scarizard.

OkamotoSenpai

04-04-2014

I would bet a hand that no player with at least 1000 wins whos main is Rengar liked this remake.
All who do are people who never actually played him, nor they will, people who lost against him, or noobs who never knew how to play him

MeowMixWarrior

04-04-2014

I have to ask. Does anyone know if this kit was put on the PBE before it switched over to live as is?

AntiSkillshot

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
its been a long time, but yeah i remember it was literally a nerf with the intention of making Evelynn unplayable
This what it feels like to me, with Rengar. Making him unplayable (or, at least try), with the word "rework", as a disguise.

SqualieBawse

04-04-2014

Pro
* the new trinket- best thing about the whole rework
* Scales good into late gaame
* Can sustain better in longer fights
* dont lose stacks on trinket if u die
* I like the skill shot idea for E
* I like how all the spells are much lower Cool downs
* tbh i like almost everything in the rework except what i listed in the cons

Cons
* You are shown at the start of ur leap
* THE STUPID 1000 RANGE WARRING THE OTHER TEAM GETS SO THEY KNOW WHEN TO PINK WARD AND KILL ME ON THE SPOT.
* Q does not work on towers
* No insane burst but no real utility to make up for it.

How To Fix

* take the delay off Q
* make his ult actually worth something and be stealth.......
* Increase his base health if u want me to be more tanky

Lee sin actually got a well thought out rework and many ppl are happy... rengar isnt popular in the pros, he makes them no money... so he will most likey stay the fat harmless kitty kat he is now.

Living with changes
I am stubborn and i am going to find a way to play rengar no matter what. I am trying different builds and so fair this seems to work the best

jungle item- wiggles-Vampiric Scepter/ boots- hydro- firecape/Spirit Visage depending on their team, sometimes both- Lw then either tr force or defensive item depending on how the game is going.

TheNoodleNinja

04-04-2014

Let me first start by saying sorry for my earlier whining, I'm just mad that he's not a good assassin anymore.

Giving constructive criticism without being a d-bag is hard but here goes:

-His q should either do more damage to champions and give an attack reset on towers, or stay the way it is but the attack damage bonus should apply to towers like it used to.

-He's really bad at trading. If you're building damage in the top lane, you're losing top lane unless your lane opponent is sleeping or playing with their elbows. I've found the only way to effectively play him top is to build tanky and max w. Thats why I feel that his q should still do something to towers.

-There's a few problems with his q
- It feels a lot slower than it was
- If you press q before you leap, it just ends up being an auto attack.

-He just doesn't feel like an assassin anymore, I dont even know how you would fix this without pissing off the Anti-Rengar people (Who are also the Anti- Leblanc, Zed, Fizz, Kassadin, ANY OTHER ASSASSIN people) His kit just feels like it's better suited for a bruiser.

You ult in with 5 stacks, snare a carry, hit them and yell at them a bit, snare them again when your ferocity is back up and eat damage for everyone. It just doesn't feel like Rengar anymore.

I do like not having to pay 800 gold for bonetooth though, the extra bonuses he gets for his ult are nice. I also like that e is a skillshot with nice range. I feel like it could move a little quicker but it's not a huge problem I guess.

SqualieBawse

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SqualieBawse View Post
Pro
* the new trinket- best thing about the whole rework
* Scales good into late gaame
* Can sustain better in longer fights
* dont lose stacks on trinket if u die
* I like the skill shot idea for E
* I like how all the spells are much lower Cool downs
* tbh i like almost everything in the rework except what i listed in the cons

Cons
* You are shown at the start of ur leap
* THE STUPID 1000 RANGE WARRING THE OTHER TEAM GETS SO THEY KNOW WHEN TO PINK WARD AND KILL ME ON THE SPOT.
* Q does not work on towers
* No insane burst but no real utility to make up for it.

How To Fix

* take the delay off Q
* make his ult actually worth something and be stealth.......
* Increase his base health if u want me to be more tanky

Lee sin actually got a well thought out rework and many ppl are happy... rengar isnt popular in the pros, he makes them no money... so he will most likey stay the fat harmless kitty kat he is now.

Living with changes
I am stubborn and i am going to find a way to play rengar no matter what. I am trying different builds and so fair this seems to work the best

jungle item- wiggles-Vampiric Scepter/ boots- hydro- firecape/Spirit Visage depending on their team, sometimes both- Lw then either tr force or defensive item depending on how the game is going.
And i start the game on 10% cdr

AntiSkillshot

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillermomoto View Post
I would bet a hand that no player with at least 1000 wins whos main is Rengar liked this remake.
All who do are people who never actually played him, nor they will, people who lost against him, or noobs who never knew how to play him
Your first part of your comment confused me. I had to read it three or four times over.
While, I don't have 1000 wins or matches with Rengar. I sure as hell don't like the "rework".

logique

04-04-2014

Was the intention of the rework to tone down his ability to 1 shot ppl from invis? Been watching actual good Rengar mains, and that hasn't changed at all.