Rengar Thread of Bolas and Roaring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Avalonicous

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twızzler View Post
Rengar is no longer viable... meanwhile...
Nice reading comprehension. The guy's point was that Rengar's been shifted from a hit-and-miss assassin to a subpar tank.
Sure, some pro is having some success with him, but look at the damn build. Frozen heart, sunfire, visage every time; does that sound like an assassin to you?

NineTales9

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Pwyff View Post
The Q not working on towers feeling bad might be a truth but do we agree that Rengar's split pushing was absolutely obnoxious without tradeoffs? If not, maybe that's where the conversation should start.
the conversation should probably start with why the **** can Nasus Q turrets, and like 50% of the champ pool for that matter

Zelnorack

04-03-2014

I bought Rengar for 1 reason and 1 reason alone.

See that carry? *snap* Deleted. Now they made an amazingly fun ASSASSIN into a.... sub-par tank that does some damage.

I could have sworn we were complaining about tanks that out damaged bruisers and/or ADCs before.

When can I expect my refund on Rengar?

Milk Snowbunny

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalonicous View Post
Nice reading comprehension. The guy's point was that Rengar's been shifted from a hit-and-miss assassin to a subpar tank.
Sure, some pro is having some success with him, but look at the damn build. Frozen heart, sunfire, visage every time; does that sound like an assassin to you?
Nice reading comprehension to you as well. He stated at the VERY BEGINNING OF HIS POST that Rengar is "no longer viable". Derp!

Sir Puffy

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dies to Wolves View Post
Also, since you guys have put a warning on his stealth when he gets near, do the same for twitch, or else he will simply sneak behind us and kill our backline / sneak up on our lone support (or ADC) and kill him / etc.
Please don't give them any more ideas for ruining my favorites. If Twitch is reworked to ****, I'm f*cking done.

That said, I'm not surprised at all that the Rengar rework is unenjoyable. I would list reasons why, but people have already said them many times, so I'll just say that he never feels good to play and can't really do ANYTHING.

So thanks. Looking forward to throwing another champ to collect dust on the shelf because of these "reworks".

GoAwayIfUh8it

04-03-2014

The most Toxic part about Rengar's kit was his ultimate. How his entire playstyle is to isntagib a person and immediately die because of a lack of escape or gameplay mechanic and full single target burst cheese nature

which you completely failed to address in your "rework"

Also resourceless form of ranged damage is just disgusting

NineTales9

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narasimha View Post
Easy, Nasus couldn't push towers as fast as Rengar until around 300 stacks. That generally takes around 25 minutes or so on average.
if you took 25 minutes to get 300 stacks on Nasus, then you are bad. only explanation to have it that low is being zoned, that's it

Pulsetron

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoClad View Post
global audio to his ult
Oh god this would be awesome.

Fox P McCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Jag View Post
We have definitely shifted the time-to-kill window for Rengar's assassinations more into the fighter end of the spectrum (closer to Jax than Zed, for example). He's not going to kill someone in 1-2 seconds, yes, but his damage over 4-5 seconds should be comparable to or better than the previous version while also having stronger tank stats and better stickiness.
With all due respect, how is Rengar supposed to survive for 5 seconds in a a team-fight unless he builds pure, raw tank? If he does this, then his damage is pretty mediocre, at best, to the carry or other squishy he jumps on.

Overall, I can understand why you reworked him, but he also doesn't feel like he has much of a purpose now--ie: why would I want to pick Rengar over...say...Talon (Better bursting potential) or Jax (better bruiser)?

For me, the great thing about Rengar was he was less about in-fight strategy so much as an over-arching global strategy. Where should I position? When should I position? Where will the enemy team be in 5 minutes? Is erasing the carry now or in 10 more seconds the best choice?

This is seen in SR and Dominion, and is a style that seems to be actively shunned in LoL; there's less and less of "dont' get caught of position" in LoL and more and more of "I shouldn't be expected to position well at any time other than a team fight".

MeowMixWarrior

04-03-2014

I don't want to come off sounding like a jerk but if I can be candid with you (Riot) I would have thought you had enough experience with rework disasters.

The primary complaint behind Skarner and Karma was that their core identity was changed. When Lee Sin was about to be put on the block for an identity change the entire community (Pro players, commentators, Diamond 1, unranked, etc) spoke out against that sort of change. I understand old Rengar was abusive and should have never been released in the state that he was (Manaless, point click ranged harass, healing/armor/mr buff, invis, and gap closer) but yet again you have managed to take away what made Rengar Rengar.

His identity has been changed and after the Skarner incident I thought you (Riot) would have finally learned that slapping counter play on top of counter play to remove toxic elements makes for a bland champion.

Partially the reason why you were met with such negativity was because the core issue behind Skarner hasn't been fixed and you did to him like you did to Karma which was number buffing (in the case of Karma a slight change to W but other than that number buffs).

I guess what I'm trying to get at is does a champion need to have a following as large as Lee Sin to prevent them from having their fundamental identity changed?