Rengar Thread of Bolas and Roaring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orvan

Junior Member

04-03-2014

As someone who prefers ARAM it feels almost hopeless when I have Rengar both before and after the update.

At least I enjoyed his Q and tower destruction in SR and ARAM prior to this patch. If he isn't going to be on the assassin side of things anymore then why remove that? If he is going to be a fighter than give him something fun and let him push the lanes. What was wrong with a fun-button Q to push the lanes and towers? If it was too much why not just reduce the damage or reduce it versus towers?

Now I feel like he's got nothing to work with. Brush isn't always around to leap out of and his ultimate is a joke.

I wish you would just redo the entire kit. Seems you guys at Riot are unhappy with anything you do with Rengar as this is not his first rework.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NA Darklarik

Senior Member

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Jag View Post

If you feel like his pushing power is excessively weak I think that may be a fair criticism. We'd like to keep an eye on his overall power level since he has a lot of other really strong tools to aid in tower pushing (e.g. using an Empowered Q on a nearby minion for a strong AS bonus, the ult giving a good escape, etc.).

We want him to be in a state where he can still build to be a damage threat. If that's not true, then it's something we'll address.
Sorry but no. As if it wasent easy enough that at lv 9 you could get a free oracles to cancel his stealth, but you also went ahead and removed the Speed boost when not moving toards champs, and you gave a huge ! to signal if your close or not. Its no longer a good escape. There are too many ways to counter it for it to be considered "Good"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MajorPain9

Senior Member

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enderzone View Post
I've seen more Skarners in 3 days after his rework than before because no one played him before his rework except for the rare 1 in 600 Skarner main.
Your anecdotal evidence is ammusing. Are you referring to URF mode where he is actually competent? Because he has permaslow?

His pick rate has been hovering below 1 % since the rework, before he was at least sitting at measly 5%.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gnargar

Senior Member

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
We see the Q leap bug, that will be fixed ASAP.

What about double Q feels bad specifically? The damage? The time between attacks?
all of the above


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SqualieBawse

Senior Member

04-03-2014

I am going to get hate for this, but i do not mind 99.99% of the rework/Class change. Rengar does not kill squishy's in 1-2 secs, but he does still do very good damage while having more sustain in longer team fights. He scales well into late game i must say. Rengar cool downs are much lower and i use 10% cdr at lvl 1. So stacking is very easy and quick. He takes a lil more thought now which i dont mind, having to think and to use ur stacks wise.

MY BIG GOD DAM PROBLEM IS RENGAR NEW ULT.STEALTH MEANS NO ONE KNOWS U ARE AROUND!! giving every one a warning is stupid. Pretty much what u just did is give the enemy team the que to drop pink wards........NOW. The dumbest thing i ever seen on a stealth champ, why even bother being stealth in the first place

I love rengar jungle. Rengar is one of my favorite champs because i like the lore that goes with him, and being a hunter type champ is cool to me. Make him into a fighter fine ok i can live with that. But giving the enemy a heads up when i am stealth is dj;bkgsb;xklxngjbk;xgnlbj x POINTLESS !!!

In the end ur made rengar into a half assassin half bruiser but amazing at none of those while making his ult very easy to counter with the 1,000 heads up to drop pink wards.... geee thanks riot smh such a micky mouse operation


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kevinyonson

Junior Member

04-03-2014

Could we see a change in the BTN if we win the hunt is on? Since we no longer lose stacks there is no point in the quest. There is no longer an incentive to fight khaz but instead actually fear that if he kills you then he gets his 4th evo point which is a pretty decent buff. Can we see some buff to head of khaz if we do win the quest and if not may I ask why?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pulsetron

Senior Member

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Jag View Post
When we see assassin's top lane they're generally more than happy to be able to farm against bruisers.
Ah-ah-aaaa

I have to tell you something about Rengar though Jag

"Prey on the weak and you will survive, prey on the strong and you will live."

Rengar isn't a passive farmer. He's a Hunter, a Predator, and a Killer.

Rengar wants to fight the good fight, punch peoples ****ake mushrooms in, then take trophies.
I'm not happy about a lot of the changes, but as I don't have any power, I only hope that you don't go down a Crystalline path but instead see how much of a BADDASS that the Pridestalker is.

They should be warding bushes
They should be keeping a peeler in the back line
They should be ready, and they should be afraid if they're strong

Because he hunts the strong. And He lives for it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hashinshin

Senior Member

04-03-2014

Two things:

You say Rengar isn't an assassin but more of a Jax.

You say Rengar should be happy to go even in lane like an assassin.

... he's either an assassin or he's a bruiser, and what's worse is his laning phase is just not good right now. It's difficult to survive.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CamoClad

Senior Member

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enderzone View Post
I've seen more Skarners in 3 days after his rework than before because no one played him before his rework except for the rare 1 in 600 Skarner main.
Of course you would see more of any champion a few days after a major rework for them has been released. Folks want to try the new shiny and see if its worth a darn. Prior to his rework of course you didnt see him that much as there was nothing offered to those that didnt already like him. Hell, anytime a champion is in the free champion rotation I bet their appearance and or pick rates go up. That fact that after that first week, couple weeks, first month, Skarner's pick rate has found Caketown. I cant say anything as I was one one the !% trying to make him work in any way that felt satisfactory, but after finding nothing, but hollow victories I kinda just gave up on him and went about playing someone else. The good news is I found out how much fun its is to play Support Allistar.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Antipath

Senior Member

04-03-2014

Just played him in the jungle.

First thoughts: holy ****, his clear sucks now. I wasn't able to really kill anything until I got my madred's. Wriggles made the clear easy, but that's because wriggles is really good for that. The removal of Q AS is noticeable, if not horribly slowing his clear.

I maxed E, then Q, because I had no real means of getting in melee range to autoattack people. E seems to be Rengar's only good ability now because of its good range, damage, and slow.

My early ganks were essentially useless because I did zip for damage and had no way to generate ferocity; it isn't like people are going to turn around to fight me. My only successful ganks were when I stored max ferocity previous to ganking and could E root people.

I felt no real power spike at 6 because my ult feels useless for anything except gapclosing -- and it's WAY worse at that than it used to be. The delayed ferocity is like jumping out of a bush at someone wielding a foam bat, and then waiting a few seconds to replace that bat with a plastic one. Even with full ferocity my damage is pretty lackluster. The only person on the enemy team afraid of me was Lucian, and that's because he was bad. Additionally, my ult notifies everyone I'm near, so lategame they'd all just bunch up to be ready to murder me.

My team fed really hard and I was unable to help them due to my utter lack of damage, so they quickly lost towers and started taking all of my jungle farm, forcing me further behind. The enemy Vi also didn't see me as any threat and felt free to invade me numerous times.

Scruffy, I think you really need to calm down with your reworks. With Rengar it seems like you were wringing your hands worrying about him being overpowered so you nerfed literally every aspect of his kit that seemed like it had the potential to be strong. You removed his ability to splitpush, instagib from bushes, triple Q for damage spikes, and ult initiate. I think you should've tried individually toning those aspects down instead of nerfing them all together, because I'll be frank: Rengar feels ****ing horrible. It doesn't feel at all rewarding to position properly, taking advantage of bushes and the like. It just feels like he's Xin Zhao with a bush requirement to dash.