Rengar Thread of Bolas and Roaring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Narasimha

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Galio NA View Post
Why is Nasus allowed to proc Q on towers and not Rengar. Someone give me a ****ing answer. Like are we just gonna pretend they didn't buff TP and now CDR runes just so Nasus could be a potato top lane all day and do what they butchered Rengar for.
Easy, Nasus couldn't push towers as fast as Rengar until around 300 stacks. That generally takes around 25 minutes or so on average.

Servantofthe99

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoWafflez View Post
this is close to all wrong q was nerfed except hyper late game but the cd was obviously more focused toward jungle/sustain dueling which i will aggre is lame i wanted an assassin.

W-is the same

E- if a what 60% slow lvl 1? at 1k range hitting that is massive also the empowered version being near a morg snare in the early game is great.

r-If eve had this as a passive she would never see game play again
Q loses out on the atk speed which was very helpful in the early game, especially in jungle.

Empowered is situational...so you need to use at least 5 spells first for a snare? And if you accidentally hit a minion or miss, there goes your ferocity. Meanwhile, morgana can recast after cd.

Eve has a permanent delayed stealth which reveals her if she's within a certain range. Warwick's W gives detection and constant speed buff. Rengar's ultimate right now is a combination of these, except that warwick's w has massive range (i think about half the map at later levels), and Eve goes into stealth after 6 seconds.

Lilz Twisted

04-03-2014

I will reference my post back on page 28 (which was quite long) but I just now saw Scruffy's reply to about the alert only being had if he would be visible OTHERWISE? I think this is a fantastic idea.

This will be the perfect balance between you guys wanting victims of Rengar's ultimate to have a mini alert, and the Rengar players to feel like we can't even find a lone carry anymore because as soon as they see the alert they run to their team. This will also add lots of fun creativity to his ultimate and the paths we should take to eliminate those squishies! I FULLY SUPPORT THAT CHANGE

JCTheBeastofZul

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narasimha View Post
Funny story, this was planned for a LONG time. Like, pre-season/end of season 3. Also, you always have to consider best and worst case scenarios. If a champion is ahead, they should be ahead. If a champion is behind, they should have the opportunity to catch up, but they shouldn't be able to consistently make game-changing moments.
The rework plans for back then were also extremely hated, the thread went from 200 upvotes to 400 downvotes after they said they would take away his Assassin style.

They brought it up again now that he was forgotten, and they made these changes which are hated as well, everyone was okay with the trinket change, but then they nerfed everything in his kit and made him Garen 2.0

They could have just forgotten the entire rework and nothing would have happened until Rengar's time in the spotlight came again thanks to the reverse powercreep this game is suffering.

Rockman

04-03-2014

I think the warning range on ult is too large. Pretty much screams, hey throw that pink down.

Jixx

04-03-2014

I feel that his Q is a tad bit clunky in the attacking, as well his attack animation. His slow starting attack speed doesn't go very well with his animation. And when you leap with Q on, it doesn't really seem like it's doing anything. It works but it just kinda drops you beside the target and they lose a chunk of health. Visuals/audio on that would be sweet and satisfying.

Atyres

04-03-2014

Quote:
Easy, Nasus couldn't push towers as fast as Rengar until around 300 stacks. That generally takes around 25 minutes or so on average.
But Nasus also has an ult that feels like an ult, not a worse version of Twitchs stealth. He also has a slow/attack speed slow that gets better as time goes on, not worse (oh and this is on a on click by the way, just wait for this one to get skill shots status too just to "pack more power in") and can build full tank and still deal damage. Don't try to compare the two as if Nasus isn't on the better end of this stick =/

Orivar

04-03-2014

Quote:
You would literally have to ward every 20 feet, because Shaco has the same exact issues.

If he's ahead, he rips apart anything thats not tanky.
If he's behind, he'll go after your towers with glee.
Considering he has traps, a blink + invis, and his ult, its an effort in futility to catch Shaco with one person. Send more people after him, and a smart team will counterpush.
Then you let him. Once he's behind, he can go for towers all he wants while we 5v4 his team and push Nexus HARD. A behind Rengar was a weak Rengar.

A True Hunter

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surakai View Post
I rarely played old Rengar since his jungle was terrible and he felt incredibly useless without his ult.

these are the games I played with new Rengar. yes, it seems like his burst is gone but his sustain damage is a lot better since his cooldowns are much lower. better yet, he doesn't feel nearly as useless without his ult due to the longer range of bola strike. I do miss the AS boost on his first Q though, he feels a little off without it especially since he is more of a sustained damage dealer now.

Attachment 938439

honestly, I'm a bit worried that he is going to end up being too strong since I have been losing games like crazy for over a week (I went from 20 wins extra to a about even in wins and loses) and suddenly I win three in a row with a champ I almost never play.
All I had to see was Frozen Heart on Rengar to realize what you are saying is not important at all.

Narasimha

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atyres View Post
But Nasus also has an ult that feels like an ult, not a worse version of Twitchs stealth. He also has a slow/attack speed slow that gets better as time goes on, not worse (oh and this is on a on click by the way, just wait for this one to get skill shots status too just to "pack more power in") and can build full tank and still deal damage. Don't try to compare the two as if Nasus isn't on the better end of this stick =/
Hang on there, the comparison was between Nasus's ability to push vs Rengar's.
Its impossible to compare the two because they're inherently different champions.
For exmaple, I could say that Rengar can slow AND deal damage from a larger distance, so thats clearly better.
Yeah, Nasus is generally better. On the other hand, its far far easier to kill a Nasus early game than a Rengar. Why? Because Nasus is a late game terror. Thats his JOB.