Rengar Thread of Bolas and Roaring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Love and Peace

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servantofthe99 View Post
This is an absolutely terrible rework. What compensation did he exactly get from any of them?

Q- nerfed (cd 'buff' isn't a buff)
W- same
E- a skillshot that offers 0 reward.
R- LOL. A **** version of Eve's PASSIVE pretty much combined with a **** version of warwick's W TOGGLE.
this is close to all wrong q was nerfed except hyper late game but the cd was obviously more focused toward jungle/sustain dueling which i will aggre is lame i wanted an assassin.

W-is the same

E- if a what 60% slow lvl 1? at 1k range hitting that is massive also the empowered version being near a morg snare in the early game is great.

r-If eve had this as a passive she would never see game play again

JCTheBeastofZul

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narasimha View Post
I'll agree half way with you, I won't call this rework a success. But I'm not saying its an outright failure either. There are a LOT of champions in a bad place right now. It happens. Just need to take it one step at a time.
I just have no idea why they did this now and not when Rengar was complained about, after the Tank Rengar nerfs the only people complaining about him were ADCs who were destroyed by a Rengar in one game, other than that he was pretty much forgotten for people other than his mains.

Lilz Twisted

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cm WildFire View Post
Riot, please respond to this, its probably going to be the most non-toxic demonstration of what the majority of the rengar players are trying to tell you
I think I made a realy nice post on page 28.. ^.^

Narasimha

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTheBeastofZul View Post
I just have no idea why they did this now and not when Rengar was complained about, after the Tank Rengar nerfs the only people complaining about him were ADCs who were destroyed by a Rengar in one game, other than that he was pretty much forgotten for people other than his mains.
Funny story, this was planned for a LONG time. Like, pre-season/end of season 3. Also, you always have to consider best and worst case scenarios. If a champion is ahead, they should be ahead. If a champion is behind, they should have the opportunity to catch up, but they shouldn't be able to consistently make game-changing moments.

mogonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccelerationZx View Post
Can a Rioter please just explain Rengars purpose now?

If he is a tank he lacks initiation or strong CC.

If he is a bruiser he lacks strong base values.

If he is an assassin he lacks the burst of every other assassin in the game.

If he is a splitpusher - lol

He lacks a strong laning phase due to lack of trading potential or reliable poke.

In jungle he has slow clear speed and verg mediorce ganks and non-existent ganks before 6.

I also dont understand Riot wanting to kill his assassin potential even though Kha'Zix can leap in from fog of war, kill your ADC, leap out or at someone else and having a possible 3 mini stealths with 50% damage reduction. Rengar has zero escapes after ulting and if he failed he was done for. I liked his role as a split-pusher who could pick off those who strayed too far.

And for those saying we are just yelling at Scruffy without proper feedback, we trjed. Check the 200 page Rengar rework thread.
Still true.

CynicalGiant

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
This is likely the reason that the Q is feeling sluggish to most people. It would be a good quality of life change to make the Q attack a bit faster even if it doesn't give the attack speed. Great observation.
Can you adjust Rengar's base Attack Speed to compensate for lack of base Q AS?

Heros End

04-03-2014

Why is Nasus allowed to proc Q on towers and not Rengar. Someone give me a ****ing answer. Like are we just gonna pretend they didn't buff TP and now CDR runes just so Nasus could be a potato top lane all day and do what they butchered Rengar for.

Von Nicklesnout

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Pwyff View Post
So let's talk about that perceived "incompetency" in a champion change - what do you perceive Rengar to need and what do you perceive this rework to have killed.

If you say super safe split pushing, you're going to make me sad.
What Rengar needed was a little bit more "oomph" to make him into a competent assassin. Yes, he could delete people from fights if they were squishy from his leap, I get that. But you have to take into consideration the following:

Lions are ambush predators, they don't run at their prey full throttle like a cheetah would. Rather they throw their entire body weight into a single attack and drag their prey down for the kill, which is something Rengar did VERY well before.

His split pushing was ridiculous due to the fact that his Q gave him the attack speed buff on both empowered and non empowered versions with Thrill of the Hunt letting him get away easily, but the rework could've been done by just shifting the Bonetooth Necklace to the Trinket slot and giving Q the attack speed buff on Ferocity empowered only.

Bing bang boom, you successfully shifted some of Rengar's power without completely mutilating the feel of the champion, like Scruffy did with Skarner. Though to be quite honest I find the "!" symbol of people letting them know that Rengar is about to pounce them to be irritating, especially since Nerubian Assassin gives you no warning unless you properly ward.

But that's just me.

Atyres

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Pwyff View Post
So let's talk about that perceived "incompetency" in a champion change - what do you perceive Rengar to need and what do you perceive this rework to have killed.

If you say super safe split pushing, you're going to make me sad.
I say put him back to his original iteration with the tweaks you gave him to his W and a slight power reduction to his Q for towers. A master hunter should not alert the enemy to his presence and if I pounce on something as a master hunter you better believe I am going for the jugular and killing my foe instantly, not saying "well gosh darn, that mage had one armor item, I guess my Last Whisper and Armor pen masters and such can never break such tough defenses". Formerly a glass cannon Rengar would delete a character, but then usually would get deleted right back for jumping into the back line with no viable escape. Now he jumps into the back line and the enemy squishy gets away =/. Right now I feel like the cat is dead, and Riot killed him =/

SOGENT

04-03-2014

I feel it was a HUGE oversight that a hunter/stalker themed champion who leaps from the brush is a mediocre jungler. He was mediocre before, and the removal of AS from the unempowered Q has made him worse. The hunter cat is just a kitten in the jungle. Please fix this.