Rengar Thread of Bolas and Roaring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AkuenOCe

Senior Member

05-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by inplane View Post
But that would just make his W completely useless besides being a ferocity charger.
His W is really messing with his kit right now.
His W got a massive chunk of his power budget. Why do you think Q and E were nerfed?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaptainWinget

Junior Member

05-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkuenOCe View Post
His W got a massive chunk of his power budget. Why do you think Q and E were nerfed?
The change to his W allows him to jump into a teamfight and shred people which is what Riot wanted Rengar to be able to do as he is a bruiser... To compensate they lowered his splitpushing drastically, his level 2 "cheese", his dueling potential, and complete and utter surprise with his ultimate. I am not saying that the above abilities should not have been tampered with I am just saying that to those thinking his W is OP it was necessary for all the power taken from other areas. Although to truly be honest I would rather have seen his dueling potential stay somewhat the same, and his team fighting still be weak.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AkuenOCe

Senior Member

05-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainWinget View Post
The change to his W allows him to jump into a teamfight and shred people which is what Riot wanted Rengar to be able to do as he is a bruiser...
That's the point a lot of us wanted to make. We had grown to know and love playing Rengar as an assassin. All of a sudden Riot goes, "Nah, he's a Bruiser" and nerfs all the assassin parts of his kit, moving the power to his W to compensate and push him into the "Bruiser" role.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Messaiga

Senior Member

05-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainWinget View Post
The change to his W allows him to jump into a teamfight and shred people which is what Riot wanted Rengar to be able to do as he is a bruiser... To compensate they lowered his splitpushing drastically, his level 2 "cheese", his dueling potential, and complete and utter surprise with his ultimate. I am not saying that the above abilities should not have been tampered with I am just saying that to those thinking his W is OP it was necessary for all the power taken from other areas. Although to truly be honest I would rather have seen his dueling potential stay somewhat the same, and his team fighting still be weak.
The level 2 cheese still exists, you just need a few more auto attacks... Honestly if Rengar needed any tiny changes it would be allow his normal Q (not empowered Q) to proc on turrets, increase the speed of his Bola, and increase the range by 100 units.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crocelify

Senior Member

05-17-2014

and he still works perfectly fine as an assassin to people who can play him.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dhenz

Senior Member

05-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocelify View Post
and he still works perfectly fine as an assassin to people who can play him.
But there are so many assassins better than him.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WHYREWORKRENGAR

Member

05-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by inplane View Post
Yeah. As much as I love playing Rengar since Day One, This would make him utterly over powered.
To make him balanced, one of his skills have to go or has to change in some way and its most likely his W.
Well, at least let it scale off of AD, but very low. Like a 0.2 or 0.3 AD ratio, like kha'zix leap, it doesn't do magic damage.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ololoshev

Member

05-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocelify View Post
and he still works perfectly fine as an assassin to people who can play him.
Except you literally need like minimum of 2000 gold lead to make him effective. Even though I do manage to do that, Zed or LB can kill people much much easier.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Righyut Shield

Junior Member

05-18-2014

I play rengar jungle a bit after the rework and I noticed you must engage with your ult to even be able to fight anyone 1v1, and you must engage with 5 stacks already up before you ult. Without these your dueling is very weak.

Hes not too bad at bruiser because of the changes, you can do alot of baiting with the % of health missing on W and the empowered bola actually does a decent amount of dmg / cc. Right before that bola snare ends, you can throw another bola for more cc. I actually find myself using empowered bola more than I do q. Not sure if intended.

Anyways, my rotation around late game usually consists of me having 5 stacks, ult, engage and first ability is a .blank range bola to get them to sit still, then full combo, then when im at 5 energy, ill toss another empowered bola. Its good at locking down Adc's and Apc's who will try and usually succeed at kiting you. and the damage on it is not bad.

It IS a bit slow, like when someone is running directly straight away from you, if your not like almost mele range from them, they usually just outrun it. Just my experience so far. Not all negative not all positive.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dhenz

Senior Member

05-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Righyut Shield View Post
I play rengar jungle a bit after the rework and I noticed you must engage with your ult to even be able to fight anyone 1v1, and you must engage with 5 stacks already up before you ult. Without these your dueling is very weak.

Hes not too bad at bruiser because of the changes, you can do alot of baiting with the % of health missing on W and the empowered bola actually does a decent amount of dmg / cc. Right before that bola snare ends, you can throw another bola for more cc. I actually find myself using empowered bola more than I do q. Not sure if intended.

Anyways, my rotation around late game usually consists of me having 5 stacks, ult, engage and first ability is a .blank range bola to get them to sit still, then full combo, then when im at 5 energy, ill toss another empowered bola. Its good at locking down Adc's and Apc's who will try and usually succeed at kiting you. and the damage on it is not bad.

It IS a bit slow, like when someone is running directly straight away from you, if your not like almost mele range from them, they usually just outrun it. Just my experience so far. Not all negative not all positive.
Yeah, I literally use my bolas more than my Q. In the end, at level 18, you can actually triple E lol. Rengar has a good late game due to his empowered scaling off of level, so I guess the rework was ok, but only for bruiser rengar. At this point I'd rather have the ult that scarizard made up. (No stealth right away, but movement speed with ferocity gen., after a short delay, Rengar can ult again for stealth.)