Rengar Thread of Bolas and Roaring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TROUNCE

05-12-2014

My problem with the rework is how Rengar is not consistent with the definititon of an "assassin."

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...assin_champion

"Assassin champion:

An assassin is an agile champion that specializes in killing or disabling high value targets. Focused on infiltration, deception, and mobility, assassins are opportunistic hunters who find favorable moments within a fight before jumping into the fray. Regardless of the size of the enemy team, assassins specialize in positioning and artful killing. They strike when the time is right no sooner, no later."

I don't how Rengar is still considered to be a good assassin champ when he rework is designed around him jumping in and staying in the fight to get off combo rotation to even do damage because he has less burst. I tweeted @riotscruffy if Rengar was still primary: assassin and secondary: fighter/jungle and he responsed "he should be strong at both."

https://twitter.com/_Nounce/status/464199297765224448

TL : DR : Assassins should not be staying in fights to do continous damage that would no longer make them assassins.

Noric

05-12-2014

Day 3 of 4.7 stats:

Normal winrate dropped back to just below 49%
All Ranked winrate increased to 50.7% (highest in a month at least)
Diamond winrate dropped a bit to 53.7%

That's 3 days of good stats now - will keep watching over time.

Im so bad yuck

05-12-2014

Quote:
My problem with the rework is how Rengar is not consistent with the definititon of an "assassin."

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...assin_champion

"Assassin champion:

An assassin is an agile champion that specializes in killing or disabling high value targets. Focused on infiltration, deception, and mobility, assassins are opportunistic hunters who find favorable moments within a fight before jumping into the fray. Regardless of the size of the enemy team, assassins specialize in positioning and artful killing. They strike when the time is right no sooner, no later."

I don't how Rengar is still considered to be a good assassin champ when he rework is designed around him jumping in and staying in the fight to get off combo rotation to even do damage because he has less burst. I tweeted @riotscruffy if Rengar was still primary: assassin and secondary: fighter/jungle and he responsed "he should be strong at both."

https://twitter.com/_Nounce/status/464199297765224448

TL : DR : Assassins should not be staying in fights to do continous damage that would no longer make them assassins.
If you believe Rengar cannot assassinate, then you sure must have never faced a full glass cannon Rengar build since the rework.
He doesn't even need to chain his abilities anymore. Hit empowered Q, leap into all of them, crit your target for 2000+ damage while receiving 105 armor/mr because lolroar and just keep going.

Zerglinglol

05-12-2014

5-1 with him in ranked, 5-0 normals with rengar since yesterday. He's a lot of fun Just wish he didn't get kited so easily.

ScruffyScruffs

05-12-2014

ITT: People still thinking Rengar is bad

khorney

05-12-2014

i still use rengar in the jungle i dont understand why people think he is weak. they just cant play him . also my build works seeing how i never get over 4 deaths and under 14 kills when i use him in the jungle. build goes as follows starting wise start get dorans blade jungle jungle back another dorans blade jungle jungle jungle back vamp scepter and u can indefinitly stay in the jungle. basically its like most shaco recommended starting. then ravenous hydra, brutalizer, tri force, spirit visage or sun fire cape then boots of luci. so final build is boots of lucid, rav hydra, tri force, sun fire cape or pirit visage, infinty edge and either black cleaver or ghost blade either or. bam stuff works.

Versailles 1605

05-13-2014

Originally I had planned on typing up a long post exposing all of my secrets for Rengar. However, a moment of clarity came, and I decided to just keep the secret to myself and laugh at those who continue to fail with him. Some QoL changes are welcomed personally, as well as any buffs induced by the adolescent League community here.

Viriato Oundil

05-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versailles 1605 View Post
Originally I had planned on typing up a long post exposing all of my secrets for Rengar. However, a moment of clarity came, and I decided to just keep the secret to myself and laugh at those who continue to fail with him. Some QoL changes are welcomed personally, as well as any buffs induced by the adolescent League community here.
No..you cant come here, suggesting that Rengar is fine, with so bad historial with Rengar:

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/34361689#matches

Can someone explain me why savegery has 6 seconds cd at lvl 1? Isint enough start with the worst AA modifier that also it must have a long CD without reason? If Riot dont want give +1 additional fury when hit with Q at least reduce CD to 4 seconds for ALL levels

noponzo

05-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viriato Oundil View Post
No..you cant come here, suggesting that Rengar is fine, with so bad historial with Rengar:

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/34361689#matches

Can someone explain me why savegery has 6 seconds cd at lvl 1? Isint enough start with the worst AA modifier that also it must have a long CD without reason? If Riot dont want give +1 additional fury when hit with Q at least reduce CD to 4 seconds for ALL levels
After slight buff in 4.6 rengar is now playable so I'm pretty happy although assassin is still bruiser kill speed with full AD I'm learning to adjust better. I think this guy's idea is great give his Q a 4sec CD at all lvls since early game it gets no buffs anyways and is just a glorified AA that build furosity this way rengar would have better clear times and might even compete early game with other jungles.

I'm not saying his jungle is all around ba, but I am saying his early jungle is far weaker then it needs to be.

WHYREWORKRENGAR

05-15-2014

So, where are you hiding Scruffy?