Rengar Thread of Bolas and Roaring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

inplane

05-07-2014

I'll give credit for Riot since they're giving the poor cat a skin.
A skin I've waited for quite a while at least.

TROUNCE

05-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainWinget View Post
Would love to see a little more love for his early game laning phase. If attack speed is such an issue for the sake of split pushing, a bleed attached to his Q would be greatly appreciated so we can actually trade in lane. I figured not being able to Q towers would be enough of a deterrent from split pushing, didn't need to take the attack speed from him as well.... For the people that are saying he is stronger in teamfights, that is fair I will agree with you, but Rengar is listed as an assassin first and a fighter second. It is not ok to make one method of playing him (the most common method mind you) less powerful and then argue that compensation was given in the form of a different role... I understand how the rework was perceived as necessary, but it is such a failure because it removed toxic gameplay without true compensation to other abilities. If he is supposed to dish out damage in a longer amount of time why is there an indicator at all? We are not insta-gibbing anymore so why does our ultimate let our prey know we are coming? The nerf to our damage was supposed to allow us to keep stealth, but why is there an indicator then if you wanted us to keep the element of surprise. His laning phase has also been harmed, he used to be a lane bully capable of outplaying Renekton, but now it is such a struggle to just go even. If single target assassinations are such a problem that is fine, but there has to be compensation in other areas. The nerf to Q, R, and split pushing were so severe that I can not for the life of me find where in his kit you pumped power back in.
I most diffently agree with you. I wish Scruffy reads this Upvote to get a Red response.

noponzo

05-08-2014

Ok riot you want rengar to a bruiser fine meet us half way give him a bruisers HP regeneration right now he has 4.6 regen, most others bruiser have 6.5+ regen why is he so far away from that number. All we want is for rengar to gain a identity either bruiser or assassin he still feels like something in between. Pick one give base stats of it and walla happier players

Canstainer

05-08-2014

Rengar is in the middle of nothing

Viriato Oundil

05-08-2014

Finally i can post here. Now i will explain because this "rework" has nothing but the name. I will start talking about the changes and because, in my opinion, they did it:

Normal Q:

1) Q dont proc in Towers. Everybody know the reason
2) Q bonus attack speed deleted . Clearly Riot wanted nerf our damage, so to start, they removed attack speed bonus. But as we will see later, it take damage and Rengar sustain
3) AD ratio increased in late . Because an ability that only give +150 is completely trash, continue being completely trash currently. All othhers AA modifiers have the same AD ratio , exactly the same bonus + something more
4) CD lowered in late. Riot want to see Rengar as a fighter instead of an assasin, the only way is accelerating how Rengar obtain fury. We will see later how it has changed nothing

Empowered Q

1) AD ratio decrease to 1.5 from 2 . Same reason that Normal Q 2)
2) Attack speed bonus increased to 100% at lvl 18, lowered to 50% at lvl 1 . Pre-rework Rengar could reach 120% attack speed bonus, now only he can reach 100% and only when using empowered Q so it is clearly another nerf on our damage
3) Attack damage done increased by 10%. I can understand it at all, i suposse they tried to compensate a bit all the damage nerfed. 10% for 4 seconds without Attack speed is absolutly trash also you can't just build BoTrK because even if you take adventage of this building Attack Speed, you will have less attack damage to increase

Normal W

1) Normal armor/mr bonus nerfed . Continue reading
2) Added additional armor/mr bonus for each enemy champion or large monster hit. After nerf all our damage, they tried to make us a tank wich make no sense, ¿why?:
a) If Rengar is something different to an
assasin, he is a fighter, not a tank.
b) So then if Rengar is a fighter, he is focused
to fight 1 vs 1 or 1 vs 2. In 1 vs 1 actual
Rengar is weaker than pre-rework Rengar, why?
Because sustain, old Rengar had a massive
attack speed increase, when Riot delete it,
Riot take away our sustain in fights (high
Attack velocity + life steal = Xin Zhao) and as exchange
they gives us +5 armor

Empowered W

1) Healing buffed if 60% of Rengar HP is missing. It is the only good thing of the rework, /clap Riot. I dont need to explain why they did it

Normal E

1) Damage slightly +10 damage at lvl 5. After say all the time that they will do of bola strike a skillshot increasing their damage, they increase it by 10(ten). Obvius nerf to Rengar poke and control over the enemy character
2) CD increased to 10 secodns at all ranks before 12/11/10/9/8. Whaaaaat? So then after reduce CD of Savagery by 2 , at the same,you increase CD of Bola strike by 2 sec...this make no sense, as i said when talking about Normal Q changes "it has changed nothing"
3) Range increased to 1000 from 550. I can't call it a buff, it come toghether bola strike being a skillshot

Empowered E

1) Damage increased x2 at lvl 18 but nerfed up to LvL 9 . Buff, but not to Rengar damage, if Rengar use it Rengar cant use empowered Savegery.
2) Snare duration increased to 1.75 seconds from 1 second. Buff to control over the enemy chracter. Rengar since always, if he couldn't kill the enemy from beggining was very easy run away from him, now it is a bit harder if Rengar decide to use empowered E, /clap SOE. Anyway, it still need a change, empowered bola strike should ignore minions/monsters, you are loosing your healing and your damage to stop the enemy champion, cant be that a skillshot that can be evade easily and that costs a lot to Rengar could be bloked by a ****ing minions, it make no sense, it is like Ahri ulti could hit minions, it is like Caitlyn ult could be bloked by minions, etc etc

R

I won't talk about ulti because it is hard to me talk about it and for me it is fine, even with alert

So then, after explain all the changes, something has changed to Rengar after Rework? No, he still has the same problems, people in high Elo still play Rengar as an assasin building full damage, instead of 2 defensive items, 3 offensive items + boots, they build him with 5 offensive items + boots because of all the damage lost by susccesive nerfs. He is weaker than before in 1 vs 1 (who cares about 3 or 4 or 5 focusing you, you are dead instantly, even with full bonus armor of current W), because he lost sustain/healing in fights (i repeat, high attack velocity + life steal = Xin Xhao) to have +5 armor (and when you have W at lvl 5, before it is even worse).

About Rengar fighter...Riot says us that this rework was to make him more a fighter than an assasin... true? The CD reduction on Q was to reach 5 ferocity sooner, true? Ok...lets see if it is true

Both Rengars have 40% cooldown reduction

New Rengar E6 W7,2 Q2,4

2,4 --> E3,6 W4,8 Q0

2,4 --> E1.2 W3.6 Q0

Time for 5 ferocity = 4,8 seg

Old Rengar E4.8 W6.6 Q3,6

3,6 --> E1.2 W3 Q0

1,2 --> E0 W1.8 Q2,4

Time for 5 ferocity = 4.8 seg

EXACTLY THE SAME TIME. But instead of be able to use another bola strike which would be much more useful always, instead we can use the worst AA modifier in the game...super rework ... right? Current Rengar has the same problems, less damage and is weaker, CURRENT RENGAR IS LIKE OLD RENGAR BUT WEAKER AND WITH LESS DAMAGE. Rework is a way of saying nerf

My initial suggestions are:

Normal Q give +1 additional fury. To really help Rengar to reach 5 ferocity before

Empowered E ignore minions. Currently we have even worse control over the opponent than before because all the ****ing time there is a ****ing minion beetwen you and the enemy

Viriato Oundil

05-08-2014

Sorry double post

Wero34

05-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viriato Oundil View Post

Empowered E ignore minions. Currently we have even worse control over the opponent than before because all the ****ing time there is a ****ing minion beetwen you and the enemy
Lol no

FelixKam

05-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wero34 View Post
Lol no
Give us a reason backed up by numbers, or facts, and we will gladly listen. On the contrary if you simply just type in "lol no", we will simply interpret it as you expressing a completely useless comment on a topic, which hits the hearts of many players, all of whom love Rengar, and want him to be useful again.

RakshirX

05-09-2014

How many people here actually intend to use an Empowered Bola Strike on a minion or a jungle mob? No one? Really? Then how about coding the empowered Bola to pass THROUGH minions and mobs? I couldn't count how many f*cking times I've thrown this new skillshot E empowered bola and it gets blocked by a minion. Rengar's on the hunt, but he can't aim for sh*t, as he's chasing down a champ, he decides, "f*ck it, I think that minion looks better". Not to mention the fact that the minions look to be about 2 feet tall. What's Rengar do? Throw the bola at the ground, instead of the targeted champ? It's total bullsh*t.

Dhenz

05-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakshirX View Post
How many people here actually intend to use an Empowered Bola Strike on a minion or a jungle mob? No one? Really? Then how about coding the empowered Bola to pass THROUGH minions and mobs? I couldn't count how many f*cking times I've thrown this new skillshot E empowered bola and it gets blocked by a minion. Rengar's on the hunt, but he can't aim for sh*t, as he's chasing down a champ, he decides, "f*ck it, I think that minion looks better". Not to mention the fact that the minions look to be about 2 feet tall. What's Rengar do? Throw the bola at the ground, instead of the targeted champ? It's total bullsh*t.
Yeah, and I think that they should do whenever you land a empowered bola on a CHAMPION, you get refunded 3 ferocity.