Rengar Thread of Bolas and Roaring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lightdragoon88

05-07-2014

Want...that...skin....

Get Lucky

05-07-2014

Rengar is in a fine spot, he really is. Splitpushing is an anti-fun strat and he was too good at it.

If you can't figure out how to use him now (he is stronger than he was before in teamfighting, and still great at ambushes on other splitters) than you should stop playing him. You obviously only liked him because you could split all game and blame your teammates, or jump in and blow someone up and then get killed yourself because of your '**** team'.

The bugfixes he just got are more than enough, as long as he possess 7 or 12 seconds of stealth he will never be as bad as you noobs are making him out to be. He evolved into taking more skill to play and feeling much more rewarding, go find another easy champ to play if you don't like him now, instead of just sitting in this thread acting like spoiled stupid children.

RoyceRollin

05-07-2014

Q: No change
Emp Q: Provides normal q but while activated next attack provides passive leap
W: same aoe damage but now grants lifesteal temporarily instead of resists(maybe still provide minor resists if he needs them)
emp W: Same aoe dmg refreshes lifesteal buff and fears all targets in radius for .5 seconds
E: same
emp E: same
R: same

Damage is nerfed but utility is buffed
each empowered ability has interesting uses

Emp Q now is a way to engage when ult is down or stick to your target you want to assasinate who got caught out after you ult also means he can use for escapes to minions and jungle monsters when bushes arent around

Emp W is now a way to interrupt channeled abilities and to disrupt the enemy team if you ult and leap into the middle of them while providing conditional survivability through the lifesteal

Empowered E like now is best form of locking down enemy to keep from fleeing or to catch out opponents

RoyceRollin

05-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Lucky View Post
Rengar is in a fine spot, he really is. Splitpushing is an anti-fun strat and he was too good at it.

If you can't figure out how to use him now (he is stronger than he was before in teamfighting, and still great at ambushes on other splitters) than you should stop playing him. You obviously only liked him because you could split all game and blame your teammates, or jump in and blow someone up and then get killed yourself because of your '**** team'.

The bugfixes he just got are more than enough, as long as he possess 7 or 12 seconds of stealth he will never be as bad as you noobs are making him out to be. He evolved into taking more skill to play and feeling much more rewarding, go find another easy champ to play if you don't like him now, instead of just sitting in this thread acting like spoiled stupid children.
I dont think he is weak his base numbers are really good now i think his play style is really boring and he lacks any interesting utility aside from his passive leap which is very conditional. I think he suffers from diana syndrome where he is basically forced to all in and if hes winning its great but if he is losing he has little to nothing to take advantage of except wait for ult and hope this time it works.

lightdragoon88

05-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceRollin View Post
W: same aoe damage but now grants lifesteal temporarily instead of resists(maybe still provide minor resists if he needs them)
emp W: Same aoe dmg refreshes lifesteal buff and fears all targets in radius for .5 seconds

......the heck you smoking?

CaptainWinget

05-07-2014

Would love to see a little more love for his early game laning phase. If attack speed is such an issue for the sake of split pushing, a bleed attached to his Q would be greatly appreciated so we can actually trade in lane. I figured not being able to Q towers would be enough of a deterrent from split pushing, didn't need to take the attack speed from him as well.... For the people that are saying he is stronger in teamfights, that is fair I will agree with you, but Rengar is listed as an assassin first and a fighter second. It is not ok to make one method of playing him (the most common method mind you) less powerful and then argue that compensation was given in the form of a different role... I understand how the rework was perceived as necessary, but it is such a failure because it removed toxic gameplay without true compensation to other abilities. If he is supposed to dish out damage in a longer amount of time why is there an indicator at all? We are not insta-gibbing anymore so why does our ultimate let our prey know we are coming? The nerf to our damage was supposed to allow us to keep stealth, but why is there an indicator then if you wanted us to keep the element of surprise. His laning phase has also been harmed, he used to be a lane bully capable of outplaying Renekton, but now it is such a struggle to just go even. If single target assassinations are such a problem that is fine, but there has to be compensation in other areas. The nerf to Q, R, and split pushing were so severe that I can not for the life of me find where in his kit you pumped power back in.

RoyceRollin

05-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightdragoon88 View Post
......the heck you smoking?
I think his w is boring as hell and with the way they are now he will never get to have anything interesting because it is overtuned number wise

Dhenz

05-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Lucky View Post

Then what about Kha'zix, his supposed equal? In my previous post it compares their Q damage and how Riot is trying to make Rengar a bruiser. This rework was in the right direction, but they rushed him into live and is one buggy mess. He can try being a bruiser but is not the best, try being a tank but no the best, try to be a jungle but not the best, and try to be a assassin but not the best.
Yes, his splitpushing was way too powerful so I understand why Riot decided to remove it. But where did they move his splitpushing power into? The thing is, Riot took away too much from rengar, but didn't add very much to compensate.
And for the 'Hunt is on' quest for rengar vs kha'zix, when rengar wins, he doesn't feel very rewarded, as I will add something below.

These are some of my suggestions:

-Let Q have it's old attack speed buff OR give a bleed mechanic

-Let Q proc on structures BUT let it do half damage OR only the bonus is included.

-Let empowered Q also hit structures but let it do half damage or only the bonus is included.

-Let W have a 0.5 silence for interrupting channel spells OR let it be a taunt since he's basically saying 'Fight me!'

-Let empowered W give more sustain based on how much enemies are hit.

-Let E give vision and increase missle speed.

-Let empowered E also give vision

-Remove indicator for ult

And for BTN, make the live 20 trophy a 12 trophy, make the live 12 trophy a 9 trophy, and add a trophy bonus for 20 trophies giving Rengar 5 ferocity instantly, or you can make this only available for the 'hunt is on' quest. It should look like this:
3 Trophies - Rengar gains flat movement speed while out of combat or while in brush.
6 Trophies - Unseen Predator's range is increased by 125.
9 Trophies - Thrill of the Hunt stealth duration is increased.
12 Trophies - Thrill of the Hunt's bonus movement speed is doubled.
20 Trophies - Rengar instantly gains 5 ferocity. (60 second cooldown)

Tisio

05-07-2014

@Riot some red please post, at least let us know you still are listening

Get Lucky

05-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceRollin View Post
I dont think he is weak his base numbers are really good now i think his play style is really boring and he lacks any interesting utility aside from his passive leap which is very conditional. I think he suffers from diana syndrome where he is basically forced to all in and if hes winning its great but if he is losing he has little to nothing to take advantage of except wait for ult and hope this time it works.
In the games i've played him, ranked and normals, around 20, I find it really hard to fall behind. Even at time my entire team is not doing great I feel and play fine. I build lizard over flare since it's overrated, and his ult is on a near 1 minute cd at level 6 thanks to the lizard and runes CDR. WIth his ult, it's near impossible to fail ganks, and because he is so powerful at ult ganking, it results in you and your lane getting gold quite reliably. You can get 2-3 empowered spells of easily in a gank.
His new Q CD lets him leave the jungle with max stacks quite easily. Even after his first buff>camp>buff clear you start the camp and 2nd buff with full stacks and leave the jungle with full stacks if you do it right, and it's easy to do right.

As it stands I think he is an amazing assassin jungler, quite similar to his old style but the fact that he can get 2-3 empowered spells means he can live or keep going aggro after assassinating a carry.