Rengar Thread of Bolas and Roaring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KnifeLion

Senior Member

04-21-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfavhunter View Post
Add in a slight interrupt on W (.05 second stun, just to interrupt channels) and this would make him golden, number tuning aside
........... he would get nerfed immediately if they gave his defensive light damage heal ability a stun.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dr SmiteSage MD

Junior Member

04-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloerniasty View Post
IMO Rengar right now is in quite good place. Weak start, average mid game, Powerful Late game(if you build it right). He is easy to play right now.

Rework changed a lot. But still, hes pretty good at dealing dmg. Most problems are getting from that, we didnt get used to his playstyle right now. But i still say, his start is too weak, and needs that 15-25% bonus to Attack Speed for 3 secs on unempowered Q.
And if you would use Empowered Q - the bonus to AS would "overwrite" the bonus from unempowered Q. They would not stack.


Anyway - i like the way he is right now in game. Hes FOR ME way better than he was before. Especially in late game.
If you are getting Rengar to work when Ryan Choi/Ninfang (Challenger Rengar Main) and Only Rengar (Can you guess who he mains? Diamond player) have come out in protest of this rework I can only assume you are playing beginner bots or in the veryyy bottom of bronze.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

alfavhunter

Senior Member

04-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnifeLion View Post
........... he would get nerfed immediately if they gave his defensive light damage heal ability a stun.
.05 seconds is so short all it would do is interrupt an aa or cast animation or channel

If they didn't want to make it interrupt aa it could be a .05 silence

.05 seconds is less time then it takes to blink, the purpose of it is to give him some form of disruption in a team fight even if very very brief

And with it as a .05 second stun it could be used to interrupt jungle mobs AAs as we'll to improve jungle sustain early on, interrupting 1 AA right b4 it lands can mean a decent amount of saved hp over time


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ololoshev

Member

04-22-2014

So this is my take on 4.6 Rengar changes:
There is still no reason to prioritize Q over E or W unless you get REALLY REAALY FED early on, I still think there should be no artificial delay at all between ferocity and regular skill usage.
Q mid jump still doesn't work sometimes though it does so much less frequently.
Bug preventing you from using ability 2 times in a row if you had 5 ferocity while lvling it is still there.
Introduced new bug which allows Rengar to deal Q damage before jump happened.
Q buffs made it feel much better though it still sucks in general.
Ult changes were completely unnoticed by me since they only affect small amount of use cases and new ult is still generally worse than old ult.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wero34

Senior Member

04-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ololoshev View Post
So this is my take on 4.6 Rengar changes:
There is still no reason to prioritize Q over E or W unless you get REALLY REAALY FED early on, I still think there should be no artificial delay at all between ferocity and regular skill usage.
Q mid jump still doesn't work sometimes though it does so much less frequently.
Bug preventing you from using ability 2 times in a row if you had 5 ferocity while lvling it is still there.
Introduced new bug which allows Rengar to deal Q damage before jump happened.
Q buffs made it feel much better though it still sucks in general.
Ult changes were completely unnoticed by me since they only affect small amount of use cases and new ult is still generally worse than old ult.
Since empowerered skills depend on rengar level, max q the lower CD the better


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ololoshev

Member

04-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wero34 View Post
Since empowerered skills depend on rengar level, max q the lower CD the better
Q should feel powerfull on its own, not as some ferocity bump skill.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noric

Senior Member

04-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ololoshev View Post
Q should feel powerfull on its own, not as some ferocity bump skill.
And there you run into the issues of a champion that gets a "mini-ult" based on skill casts and has no mana costs.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deftin

Junior Member

04-22-2014

Can someone, a Rioter preferably, please explain to me why even though 4.6 patch notes say:

R - Thrill of the Hunt

NEW:Stealth alert: Now only appears if enemies would be able to see Rengar out of stealth

That if you're in stealth (and have stealthed out of the enemy's visions, including sight wards) that when you get close--like right next to enemy they have a stealth alert indicator? What is this? I thought the point was that this would be removed unless THEY HAD VISION ON RENGAR WHILE STEALTHING? Why Riot.....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RakshirX

Senior Member

04-22-2014

Tried the recent patch. Rengar still s*cks.
I am annoyed. More than annoyed. I played over 1000 ranked games with Rengar, last season and this season combined. It was the only reason I played LoL.
Riot took a champ that had a low ban rate and an average winrate, that had a unique role, that some diehard fans took the time to practice using and become good with- and Scruffy completely gutted him.

E sucks. It just f*cking sucks. It was a crucial part of the kit to keep generating fury, but it just misses, gets blocked, or is dodged. It's his only CC ability, and it's horrifically unreliable, and just plain useless. You could make the root and slow 10 seconds long, but it won't help a damn thing if it just misses or is blocked by one of those ultra dangerous minions. Compare other skillshot champion abilities - they're either AOE's on target, thus have wide radius, or they PASS THROUGH minions and monsters, like Nocturnes Q. If they're like Lee Sin's skillshot, you get REWARDED with an immediate leap to the target AND sight of the target. I'd like to know what the sh*tblasted f*ck bomb you're thinking.

R sucks. It just plain f*cking sucks. Rengar appears to be so inept as a hunter that he can't help but to alert people that he's near. Apparently other stealthing champs don't have this problem. Furthermore, what the almighty ripsnorting f*ck is useful about coming out of stealth with all this MS and fury gen if champs that actually have LOCK ON CC abilities tag you first, kill you, or just flash away? Leaping out of stealth to an already alerted enemy, just to get CC'ed to death is a common occurrence, no matter how much armor and MR you give him in W.

He's like a drunken lumbering oaf, crashing through the jungle, alerting everyone to his presence, and anything he throws just misses.

I'd swear they didn't even play test the Rework before releasing him. I am consigned to the fact that this Scruffy guy either doesn't care, or he's an idiot. I'd normally be concerned about insulting someone that could make the situation worse, or was putting an honest effort in rectifying the situation but the situation is already pretty awful, and it appears he isn't going to fix it no matter what we say. He hasn't addressed anything anyone has said here in over a week. Anyone with half a brain could easily assess what other champs can do, and what Rengar can't do, and you'd immediately see this enormous disparity. Rengar in his current iteration completely and totally sucks ass. He didn't need a rework. What he needed was for you code wreckers to keep your grubby Doritos covered fingers the hell away from him. You screwed a lot of us over, and we're inclined to resent it. You butchered my favourite champ, so my last words to you are - You s*ck, Scruffy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lightdragoon88

Senior Member

04-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftin View Post
Can someone, a Rioter preferably, please explain to me why even though 4.6 patch notes say:

R - Thrill of the Hunt

NEW:Stealth alert: Now only appears if enemies would be able to see Rengar out of stealth

That if you're in stealth (and have stealthed out of the enemy's visions, including sight wards) that when you get close--like right next to enemy they have a stealth alert indicator? What is this? I thought the point was that this would be removed unless THEY HAD VISION ON RENGAR WHILE STEALTHING? Why Riot.....

Oh dear god your ability to read is horrible.

It doesn't matter where you ulted from. If you are standing somewhere where they would of seen you unstealth then they will get the "!"

The changes is that if you are stealth behind the wall or in a bush with no wards, then they won't get the "!" when you jump them.