Rengar Thread of Bolas and Roaring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hunkmegrizzly

04-20-2014

i don't have any help as far as numbers but i know that ult is useless, right off the bat you have to get ferocity stacks before you use it ( which sucks if enemy is in base destroying towers or inhibs) , but as soon as you leap and Q your already CC'd and slowed thus letting ADC or APC to flash or run away back to enemy team. Scruffy get your head out your ass and fix this, you guys are supposed to be competent enough to do your job but so far it seems like you haven't played any rengar and had some bronze players at the office test your rework. Looking at the PBE notes it doesn't exactly look like you have been trying a whole lot to fix anything, and where is this half assed skin riot has shown us?

Brinstal

04-20-2014

Savagery / Cooldown: 5s
Rengar's next basic attack in the next 3 seconds deals 30/60/90/120/150 plus 100% Attack Damage.
It can damage structures.

Empowered Savagery
Savagery deals modified damage equal to 30 + (10 * level) plus 150% Attack Damage. Additionally, Savagery grants Rengar bonus 50 + (5 * level)% Attack Speed and increases his Attack Damage by 10% for 5 seconds. It cannot damage structures. Also, there is not delay between Savagery and its empowered version.

--------------------------------------------------

Battle Roar / Range: 500 / Cooldown: 12s
Rengar lets out a battle roar, dealing 50/100/150/200/250 + (50% Bonus Attack Damage) magic damage to nearby enemies and increasing his Armor and Magic Resist by 10/15/20/25/30 for 4 seconds. Rengar gains additional 5/7.5/10/12.5/15 Armor and Magic resist for each enemy champion or large monster hit.

Empowered Battle Roar
Battle Roar deals modified damage equal to 30 + (15 * level) (+ 30 Attack Damage). Additionally, Battle Roar heals Rengar for 20 + (5 level) health, increased by 6.25% for every 1% of Rengar's missing Health for up to 50 + (25 level) Health. Basic and Empowered Battle Roar's bonus defenses do not stack with each other.

Bola Strike / Range: 1000 / Missile Speed: between 1500~2000 / Cooldown: 10s
Rengar throws a bola in the target direction, dealing 50/100/150/200/250 + (100% Attack Damage) physical damage revealing and slowing the first enemy hit by 60/65/70/75/80% for 2.5 seconds. The slow will not decay over the duration.

Empowered Bola Strike
Bola Strike deals modified damage equal to 50 + (25 * level) + (70% Attack Damage). Additionally, it roots the target for 2 seconds, then Rengar may leap at the rooted target if it is an enemy champion. The slow is applied in full after the root. Also, if missed, Rengar is refunded 2 Ferocity.

Thrill of the Hunt / Cooldown: 120s/90s/60s
Rengar activates his predatory instincts, gaining stealth after 1 second (delayed up to 3 seconds if taking damage) and vision of all nearby enemy champions within 2500/3750/5000 radius around him for 10 seconds or until Rengar damages an enemy with one of his abilities or basic attacks. While stealthed, Rengar gains 20% bonus movement speed while moving toward an enemy champion.
Upon exiting stealth, Rengar gains unconditional 30/40/50% bonus movement speed and generates 1 Ferocity every 1 second for 5 seconds.

Bonetooth Necklace: Hunter's Machete + Long Sword (800g) - IT IS NOT A TRINKET ANYMORE.
+15 Attack Damage
Basic Attacks restore 5 Health.

UNIQUE Passive - Butcher: Against monsters, deal 20% bonus damage.

UNIQUE Passive Bounty Hunter: Champion kills, assists and epic monsters grant 40 gold and large monsters grant 10 bonus Gold.

UNIQUE - MEMENTOS OF THE HUNT: Rengar collects trophies when killing champions and gains bonus effects based on how many trophies he has. Rengar gains one Trophy whenever he scores a kill or assist.

3 Trophies - Rengar gains 25 movement speed.
6 Trophies - Unseen Predator's range is increased by 150.
9 Trophies - +10 Armor Penetration, +5% Cooldown Reduction
12 Trophies - Thrill of the Hunt stealth duration is increased by 5 seconds.
20 Trophies - Bonetooth Necklaces gains an active. Active: Rengar gains 5 Ferocity. (60 second cooldown).

Scoring a kill or assist on Kha'Zix during the event The Hunt is On!, causes this item to upgrade into the Head of Kha'Zix, which permanently grants the effects of all 20 trophies.

What if we lower the Ferocity to 4? Just wondering...

A fair and pretty easy to balance scratch done in 10 minutes.

MarkXXIV

04-21-2014

Time to play riki on dota 2. I am not even gona try the new rengar, I would be depressed if I actually saw the changes in game.

The Gank Police

04-21-2014

"Orangos E is now a skillshot root"
"Xerath E is now a skillshot stun"
"Skarner is now dependant on his E slow (which is a skillshot)"
WOW ITS LIKE THERE'S A PATTERN OVER HERE

VoyMachoboy

04-21-2014

I doubt Scruffy read through this 157 page thread....

Ololoshev

04-21-2014

Pretty amazing how both gameplay feedback and bug reports just go completely unanswered.
Every time Riot claims they DO listen to players and they DO communicate, they actually DON'T, especially when it comes to the goddamn reworks. Riot just knocks off any negative feedback and answers almost exclusively to positive posts like "Wow Riot good work love you so much".

BRO HERO

04-21-2014

Guys the only way we will get change is awareness, have to keep spamming the truth until someone listens. IF they cant get it right (which is not hard to do) then they need to refund everyone who bought Rengar and delete him from game and chop it up as a loss.

NuEloS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-21-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ololoshev View Post
Pretty amazing how both gameplay feedback and bug reports just go completely unanswered.
Every time Riot claims they DO listen to players and they DO communicate, they actually DON'T, especially when it comes to the goddamn reworks. Riot just knocks off any negative feedback and answers almost exclusively to positive posts like "Wow Riot good work love you so much".
^

It's been about a week, time to really read the negative ones.
Though I said he's still viable, I don't like it whenever I played Rengar, in most case, my top tower end up being destroyed, and people freely tower dive me (knowing Rengar don't have early power anymore)

Voidgolem

04-21-2014

I'd like to know what thought process led to making unempowered Q the worst spell in the game.

inplane

04-21-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ololoshev View Post
Apparently, it would be "unprofessional" to answer the negative comments.
I wonder what kind of drugs Riot employees are taking.