Rengar Thread of Bolas and Roaring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AkuenOCe

04-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanru View Post
The difference is Karma became a functional champ after her rework, instead of a niche pick whose niche would almost never be realized with a dysfunctional kit in most scenarios and an op one in her super edge abuse cases. As it stands the only thing Karma lost that was of any importance was her identity and even that was tied almost solely to her look. In exchange she became an extremely powerful champ, and was more consistently so. Skarner and Rengar can no longer function as champs, despite supposedly having the same "theme" as their pre-rework selves. Because they removed and gutted synergistic elements of their kits while adding a bunch of stupid gates and clashing elements that prevent them from doing much of anything at all.
1) What in the actual? Since when is a champions kit, feel and playstyle not important? Isn't that what so many Rengar players are complaining about? The fact that Rengar went from being an Assassin to a Bruiser.

2) According to lots of people (Riot included) Skarner and Rengar still function just fine if you play them in their newly assigned roles and playstyles. Does that mean that Riot should get away with completely changing the playstyle and feel of those champions? Hell no. The same thing applies to Karma.

A lot of people forget that Karma received 6 consecutive number buffs to get to the stage she's currently at and even now, she's barely played. Karma players have always stood by those who's kits have been destroyed since. It's a shame the love and understanding doesn't go both ways. We've waited seven going on eight months and 200 pages in several threads for a Red to respond to us. I just hope the same doesn't happen to you guys.

No more Karma talk, it's too painful.

Xanru

04-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkuenOCe View Post
1) What in the actual? Since when is a champions kit, feel and playstyle not important? Isn't that what so many Rengar players are complaining about? The fact that Rengar went from being an Assassin to a Bruiser.
My bad, that was insensitive, but that's pretty much all I ever hear about when talking about old Karma, and most of what the initial outrage was. That said:

The problem is that Rengar didn't go from an assassin to an anything, because he can't function as anything. He can't function as a bruiser because he doesn't have the bases, utility, disruption, or sticking power. He can't function as tank because he has zip in terms of utility. He can't function as an assassin because his scaling, bases, burst, and engage potential are trash, and he has no disengage ability. Karma went from a bunch of hardly realized edge cases to something far more consistent, Rengar went from feast or famine to famine.

Quote:
2) According to lots of people (Riot included) Skarner and Rengar still function just fine if you play them in their newly assigned roles and playstyles. Does that mean that Riot should get away with completely changing the playstyle and feel of those champions? Hell no. The same thing applies to Karma.
Outside of Riot most people are saying play tank Rengar, which is a testament to how much he lacks doing anything else. If something is so unhealthy for the game that it needs to be changed then change it, if it's unsalvageable it should be understandable. I can get behind that, but if you're going to change something, do it right, don't half ass it. Which is exactly what this is, Scarizard had a bunch of ideas that looked better in terms of overall feel and potential than this, while changing things up enough to make them more manageable. Not to mention all the bugs and functionality removal.

Quote:
A lot of people forget that Karma received 6 consecutive number buffs to get to the stage she's currently at and even now, she's barely played. Karma players have always stood by those who's kits have been destroyed since. It's a shame the love and understanding doesn't go both ways. We've waited seven going on eight months and 200 pages in several threads for a Red to respond to us. I just hope the same doesn't happen to you guys.

No more Karma talk, it's too painful.
As a rework Karma was still useable without the issue of game breaking bugs and no niche, and she still kept her role as a support mage(or mage support). Rengar went from an assassin to a bruiser that's forced to build tank because he can't survive otherwise, and he can't go in the jungle to bypass or supplement his weakness, but still doesn't have anywhere near the presence other bruisers that build full tank do.

Wero34

04-15-2014

So?... The rengar bug fixes, when will be applied on live?

noponzo

04-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wero34 View Post
So?... The rengar bug fixes, when will be applied on live?
patch4.6 months from now because scruffy doesn't actually care about changes he makes he does not hold his job in high esteem or el's he would be applying himself to fix thing at a reasonable rate esp when it comes to glitches in the game

Soulkius

04-15-2014

Would it be too much to ask that Rengar's snare bola go over minions.

The RectumReaper

04-15-2014

Ok guys please just calm down. Let's see what Hitler has to say about all this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-CpPV6Ad_o

thefifeman

04-15-2014

So... Riot can take the time to roll out the Bot AI improvements before the next patch, but can't fix the Rengar Q bug with the same hotfix? I know different people work on different things, but seriously? You guys just proved that you're NOT too busy with PAX to put out hotfixs, so patch Rengar's bug already.

CrashOmega1

04-15-2014

Any word on when Night Hunter Rengar will return to the PBE?

RakshirX

04-16-2014

5 Days since Scruffy has said anything. I haven't played since, and I won't play again until Rengar is repaired. His winrate is now at 43%, down from 49% Pre-Patch. Riot's lackluster lackadaisical response to the Rengar Rework Disaster has been totally unprofessional.

Wero34

04-16-2014

is taking a long time, I hope they made a professional work fixing rengar bugs and improving the skin.