Rengar Thread of Bolas and Roaring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Talohmiir

04-10-2014

Scuffy, I agree with Tycosnh, it's a bummer you catch so much hate, but I also agree he is so much weaker now. Namely his Q. I know you guys wanted to make each spell feel equal and worth choosing depending on lane/jungle, but now Q is the weakest and usually leveled last. I posted somewhere in the 130s that his Q nerf went to far and that choosing only a couple of nerfs would have been better. Some ideas in the thread to fix it would be...

Let Q proc on towers so ferocity can build, even if AS remains absent on regular Q.
Give Q back a little bit of AS, and let it not proc on towers.

This way he can still push like other champs without being godlike at it.

I can understand his ult change, the mark "!", and will deal with it. W feels ok. I do like E even though I manage to miss sometimes, but his Q still feels bad. Even with the damage buff on PBE, I think he still needs to either proc on tower, or gain AS to make it something to compete with Tankgar's W or Cowardgar's E poke.

Any thoughts on why either of those ideas would be bad ideas?

Talohmiir

04-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archæ View Post
I thought this video was well thought out and does explain alot of the current issues.

Canstainer

04-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archæ View Post
Yeah Scruff, just let Youtube show you, How to Do Your Job

Dr SmiteSage MD

04-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Choi View Post
I just shake my head in sadness to put down my kitty kat rango. Not viable to bring my kitty into challenger games anymore. I was okay with nerfs upon nerfs upon nerfs. This rework was where I give up. Things that needs fixing. Q should be able to hit turrets because the damage and attack speed is nerfed. W should really be scaling of AD instead of AP. E should have a faster missile speed. <-- one of the slowest skill shot in game. R needs to have a shorter indicator range because it makes no sense for the indicator to be so much longer than jump range. The transition from normal to empowered skills needs to flow smoother. It takes too long to be able to use the same skills in succession. There is currently no role rengar exceeds in so let's just wait until 1 of these changes gets implemented.
I'm not going to be toxic like some people or claim "Ive played Rengar since day 1 so etc etc" but this post is from Ryan Choi, his gameplay got me into league a while ago and spurred my love for this champion to become my main. He is in CHALLENGER playing Rengar as his main and Yi as his side the most played champion outside of Rengar/Yi for him is Zed at SIX games.If for some reason the Bronze - Diamond players are not being taken into consideration (I personally fall into Silver) PLEASE LISTEN TO ONE OF IF NOT THE TOP RENGAR PLAYER IN THE WORLD PUTTING DOWN HIS FAVORITE CHAMPION. Thanks for reading.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...;v=_3ADtkc--V0 Also please @RiotScruffy watch this video.

Just a note Ryan's post can be found on page 69 of this fine forum topic.

eatsgokuforlunch

04-10-2014

1000 range for indication is a bit too much though and rengar is so slow before he has 20 stacks

And as the video says it doesn't feel like he was given more power somewhere else...Just screwed all across the board even though his win rate wasn't so good even before the patch

DarkDraconarius

04-10-2014

Personally, I loved to play Rengar in the jungle, I was really excited when they said they were going to rework his E into an skillshot, seeing as how it would give me a little extra ganking potential, and how the old E had a somewhat small range. It wasn't until after they released the rework that I noticed they had done something else to his kit, less dmg on Q and they removed the AS buff, where the hell did my pushing force went, enemies now alerted when I ult? I wouldn't even mind that they revert his e back to point and click if only I could have my favorite kitty cat assassin back :'(

KILLRyaan

PhoenixSlayer13

04-10-2014

Hi Scruffy,

Do you think Rengar would be a good candidate for "light fighter" balancing? I think the main issue is that Assassin Rengar players don't want to play Tanky Rengar, and same vice versa. Is there a way to make Rengar more like a melee AD carry to try to bridge the gap?

Meteors

04-10-2014

Ideas gathered from reddit posts and throughout this entire thread
-Bugfixes, currently Rengar is plagued with bugs
-Q damage increase, Q working on turrets
-W scaling with ad
-E skillshot is faster, Higher base damage
-R gives a trail of where the enemy has walked(similar to Nocturne Q), Remove indicator when near enemy, Remove vision of enemies
-Something about using a normal skill and then immediately a ferocity skill now feels clunky and delayed
Q just feels extremely underwhelming right now. It does not have nearly the amount of power as it had before because of the removal of the attack speed and lower base damage. Also, having it not working on turrets hurts him way too much. Having no attack speed on normal Q cast already lowers his splitpushing power by a lot.
W overall makes Rengar more tanky than before. I don't believe this needs any changes outside of possibly having it scale with AD on a low ratio.
E is just way too unreliable now. The previous point and click E made sure Rengar was safe from engagements top lane but now that it is a skillshot, the enemy can simply dodge it and continue beating on a helpless Rengar. Either change it back to a point and click or increase the missle speed.
The R change is the most interesting and which I would like to see greatly. Rengar players will feel more like they are on a hunt. Right now, it iust feels like Rengar has a built in radar.

Henry Tran