Rengar Thread of Bolas and Roaring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheLocalHouseCat

04-10-2014

One big thing I don't really understand about why they did this to Rengar is the fact that Zed is nearly just as bad with the ability to ult, go in kill, then quickly get out of it. That was pretty much the same reason I loved Rengar, but Rengar always felt much more fun.

AquaDragon42

04-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
The way the numbers work out, if you hit 1 enemy champion or large monster the numbers are exactly the same as the old Rengar. Any more than that and you are getting more Armor/MR than he used to have.
that explanation did not answer the question. In both examples of given by RyuPhalian Rengar gains both armor and magic resist greater than old Rengar once he hits more than one enemy champ/large monster with his roar.

A) 30+15+15=60
B) 30+15+7.5=52.5
Old Rengar= 45

the problem is that the tooltip is unclear about how much armor and magic resist is gained once you hit more than one target. From what I hear the values match that of example A and could easily have been fixed by calling the 30 its "base value" and stating that you gain additional armor and magic resist equal to 50% of the base value for every enemy hit. An unclear tooltip can easily make a player feel either over confident or less confident about their chances in a battle depending on how they interpret the tooltip.

Aldo the Apachee

04-10-2014

Lion boy was one of my favorite champs. He is now one of my least favorite champs. Way to butcher an initially hella fun champ!

SlashCruzadeR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-10-2014

So um I played a normal Rengar game and after it was done i had a small survey link in my client about the rework, has anyone else experienced this? it said something like, do you think the rework has improved Rengar's quality of life and playstyle or something like that and gave 5 options: Strongly disagree, Disagree, Neutral(or something like that), Agree, Strongly Agree, ofc i marked SD but I wanted to know if any of you has had that small survey

inplane

04-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DdC ThanatoZ View Post
So um I played a normal Rengar game and after it was done i had a small survey link in my client about the rework, has anyone else experienced this? it said something like, do you think the rework has improved Rengar's quality of life and playstyle or something like that and gave 5 options: Strongly disagree, Disagree, Neutral(or something like that), Agree, Strongly Agree, ofc i marked SD but I wanted to know if any of you has had that small survey
I got that survey two days ago
picked SD too lol

RoyceRollin

04-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DdC ThanatoZ View Post
same

Alorasence

04-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Jag View Post
I'm pretty interested in the builds that people try out on him. In playtest a lot of our experienced Rengar players thought Blade of the Ruined King was really strong on him. I think some people will make the classic Trinity/Sunfire/Spirit Visage build still work though.
Awww.

You're so cute commenting on the one positive review of your rework amongst 300 negatives.

Genophage

04-10-2014

so are we buffing him next patch?

Alorasence

04-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Pwyff View Post
As a quick side-note - if you feel unheard in your feedback that's something we should manage in terms of expectations and discussion. Skarner - regardless if he's in a better place from a game health perspective - sounds like a communications issue with managing and directing the conversation. Alternatively, if the disagreement is crazy weird - some feel Skarner is X and we fundamentally can't have him be X - then that's a DELIGHTFUL CONVERSATION TO HAVE.

I might get called out for selectively quoting here, but I'd really like to see the landscape as one of feedback (even if passionate feedback) rather than direct character statements and raw "HE'S TERRIBLE AT THIS" statements. I get that you want to vent, but in a place where someone wants to have a conversation, that's not possible if someone enters the room and says "EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS WRONG, I BELIEVE X IS TRUE AND THEREFORE UNLESS YOU FIX IT I WON'T TALK TO YOU."

The response to that is to say "WELL HE DIDN'T LISTEN TO US SO WE WON'T LISTEN TO HIM," but we really need to reset this kind of thing. Maybe we didn't communicate certain concepts better and maybe some didn't actually enter the conversation in a mature way. That's all I'm saying.

In playtests, Rengar was typically building an in-between (with a few players trying out assassin builds), and he was still obliterating ADCs. The 1000 range is an indicator but doesn't actually reveal him, so Rengar should go steamrolling into the fight when he wants to engage, rather than sitting right beside the ADC for a few seconds before blowing them up. Engaging should be a commitment, not just a kitty sitting on the spot for a while.

The Q not working on towers feeling bad might be a truth but do we agree that Rengar's split pushing was absolutely obnoxious without tradeoffs? If not, maybe that's where the conversation should start.

The hostile feeling of the community comes from a condescending air that you, but more commonly your colleagues, exude when you speak on these threads. Stop treating us like children and stop coming on here and pretending that everything is fine and that we all are perfectly content with whatever you want to do.

Own your mistakes, and maybe people won't be so angry from the beginning.

Yelnats

04-10-2014

Did anyone try to buffs on PBE yet?