Rengar Thread of Bolas and Roaring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaptainWinget

04-09-2014

Remember that time Rengar was good? Pepperidge farm remembers....

Hawkefire

04-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragu View Post
Yes, but is that enough to completely validate the "identity removal" argument? Before,you pressed 3 buttons to 100-0 someone. Now you have to throw in an empowered auto attack maybe. Does this warrant the ruined identity argument?
He is forced into a bruiser role (one that I have no issue with), however it is virtually impossible to build his old role that he had before (that of a mage).

In fact, his old kit could be used just as effectively as a bruiser kit too, the only thing was is that playing him as a mage was simply more popular and entertaining.

eatsgokuforlunch

04-10-2014

@Scruffy@Riot
#Current state of normal"Q"#
#Current state of ult#

(you are onto fixing bugs so i am happy about that ty)

Have you thought about giving his normal Q additional utility?
I am not demanding anything else but the good chunk of damage was removed from it with the attack speed.
IMHO his Q should be given something extra like the old AS or some kind of bleed effect

His R was made so that enemies have time to react at the same time his damage was severely nerfed
which is not healthy at all and completely ruins his play style..

THE POINT IS you need to think about his Q especially the normal Q...
I get it that you can't make his normal Q OP because in his current state with 40 percent cdr he can cast it every 2.4 second BUT right now it is overnerfed

It needs somekind of additional utility which levels up as you level your Q and also better base damages.

He has one of the weakest early games right now(by early i mean till level 8-10 he feels very weak and cant duel anyone because of this)

Now about his ulti- His enemies get notified giving them plenty of time to react(put down pink wards!!! Lol) especially pre 20 stacks when he is very slow.

his speed in stealth need to be increased slightly for pre 20 stack chase.

Now when he unstealths he should be given some resistance against cc!! again because of the notification!!! they start dropping pink wards at the same time rengar ults

-Ult by design is the most game changing ability a champ has
when you provide more than enough time for them to react Rengar needs some kind of cc resistance after he exits stealth for 2-3 seconds of his 5 second speed gain

Even master yi gets slow resistance and with ult notification and pink ward rango is just a bad version of yi's ulti hell Yi even gets resets..which makes it game changing ult

Rengar's ult is pretty weak right now because of the way it is implemented with notification and all.

Please try to address these problems.

Edit:

ULT BUG-
If you flash in stealth it roots you for 1-2 seconds just like the old rengar..

BecauseRengar

04-10-2014

Honestly, Rengo was my favorite champ and loved playing lol with him.

His q normal and empowered were great for taking towers, which helped if your team was fairly bad in team fights. I would always do that, split push top or bottom and catch one or two persons coming to defend, which would give us the chance to 5v3-4 them afterwards and gain the advantage but now he is useless to split and forced to group even if your team doesnt have the comp for a straight 5v5 duel. Especially since enemies are being alerted, its much easier to expect him coming and drop a ward to straight cc and delete him.

The only changes i like about Rengo now is his w, e, and ult in terms of ferocity generation. I know his w gives more resistances and health and his e does more damage/ slow, his ult is just bad.

please do another rework given the cries of many Rengar players, consider them atleast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
Hey all,

The Rengar update is live and we're playing and monitoring his performance a ton on our end. Let's use this thread for constructive feedback. Once we have more data we will definitely be adjusting his power levels up or down if he needs it.

-How are the changes playing for you?
-What builds are you using?
-What lanes are you playing him in?
-Finding any bugs?

I've already seen a suggestion that I like: his alert to enemies during the ult only appears if they would be able to see him out of stealth, we're already talking about this a lot internally. This seems like a good way for Rengar to optimize a bit more by taking clever paths on ganks and approaches.

-Scruffy

Rengar is life

04-10-2014

I think we can all agree that the stupidest thing about the rework is that Rengar needs 6 kills and/or assists by level 8 to have the same trinket as everyone else.

Meanwhile, I'm shut down running around with a 60 second sight ward Trinket at level 14.

One Lee Army

04-10-2014

Q animation is slowed, auto attack doesn't do damage when coming out of his ult. Q doesn't register when jumping out of a brush, needs to auto again for it to go off.
Other than that. He is totally fine. Kappa

009Deathwolf

04-10-2014

ULT BUG-
If you flash in stealth it roots you for 1-2 seconds just like the old rengar..

Xanru

04-10-2014

So wait, the new patch just brings Rengar's base Q damage back to pre rework values? Do you still not understand that despite those values and the attack speed bonus that Rengar's time in the jungle was ass?

Rengar is life

04-10-2014

Riven and I had a fight at level 5.

I empowered Q her.

Her shield did not break.

BRO HERO

04-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rengar is life View Post
Riven and I had a fight at level 5.

I empowered Q her.

Her shield did not break.
Was this on live or PBE, they just buffed his q a bit on PBE I am curious has anyone played him on PBE since the buff and how does he feel? Also are the bugs fixed on PBE?