Rengar Thread of Bolas and Roaring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LeFrenchAvenger

04-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLocalHouseCat View Post
I Honestly feel like the rework to Rengar was great, every aspect of it added a new kind of feel to the champion, as far as I go I tend to build him more as a bruiser now, somewhat like Renekton but with a tad more damage to it.

Although I say this I have a little negative feedback towards it as well, not being able to use your Q on towers doesn't feel right, I believe a good solution to this would be to allow the Q to hit but only do a basic attacks worth of damage, that way you can still gain ferocity stacks through Q'ing a tower rather just having it repeat the animation none stop..

Along with that I notice a lot that when I am jumping from a bush with my Q it does not activate until after, this can be devastating as it can cause you to lose a kill or get killed yourself.

The W changes were very good in my opinion as Rengar had a lot of trouble in teamfights unless he could pick off someone before hand, and the Bola change was brilliant, takes away the toxicity it had but still allows it to be used in a very useful way, it also allowed Rengar to be a ton more effective in the jungle, especially with the new jungle item Feral Flare.

My biggest disappointment to the change on Rengar was his ultimate, and the only thing that bothered me about it, was the fact that it would alert people that Rengar was invisible nearby, This completely melts Rengars engage and escape potential, being that Rengar already cannot eat towers nearly as fast as before the lessening escape potential is unnecessary.
The issue is, I, and I would extend that to most people in this thread, did not purchase Rengar to play something "somewhat like Renekton". Rengar, thematically, is a hunter, he should not be able to jump into 5 people and tank with W. Yes, it's great that I have all these free tank stats, but they're not fun to use, and furthermore, they turn me into just another damage sponge. I'd much rather be able to assassinate a lone target, but be blown up if I'm in the middle of 5 people. Bruiser/Tank Rengar does not make sense to me at all thematically, and even when effective, it is boring to play.

Gergosh

04-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeFrenchAvenger View Post
The issue is, I, and I would extend that to most people in this thread, did not purchase Rengar to play something "somewhat like Renekton". Rengar, thematically, is a hunter, he should not be able to jump into 5 people and tank with W. Yes, it's great that I have all these free tank stats, but they're not fun to use, and furthermore, they turn me into just another damage sponge. I'd much rather be able to assassinate a lone target, but be blown up if I'm in the middle of 5 people. Bruiser/Tank Rengar does not make sense to me at all thematically, and even when effective, it is boring to play.
See ive found tank rengar the most fun and effective. As far as thematically I don't see hunter =/= assasin. Hunters track pray and jump them but nothing in the idea of a hunter also means squishy quite the opposite when I think of hunters.

CaptainWinget

04-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gergosh View Post
See ive found tank rengar the most fun and effective. As far as thematically I don't see hunter =/= assasin. Hunters track pray and jump them but nothing in the idea of a hunter also means squishy quite the opposite when I think of hunters.
Yes but too me a hunter brings down his prey, not acts as a bola launcher so his friends can get free shots. He literally has become a character with no damage and unreliable utility... that's dumb... No amount of MS they give him is going to fix that when he just gets CC all day. They want me to jump into a teamfight with my W but I will just get CC and die. I do not understand what Riot wants me to do with this character.

TheLocalHouseCat

04-09-2014

As someone who plays Rengar way too often I do have to agree with LeFrenchAvenger, Rengar was EXTREMELY fun to play as an assassin to take out targets, although this may have been "op" it is easily countered by simply having a team stick together. But that's where all the fun is having the second they mess up you get to take advantage of it.

But no matter what they do to Rengar whether it be to make him an assassin or a bruiser, I'll always love him for his kit.

Hawkefire

04-09-2014

I wish they would've us some extra refunds with this whole "Year of completely destroying old identities" and whatnot.

Seriously, that is all these reworks seem to be doing: Destroying a champions identity.

Ragu

04-09-2014

Fun Fact: Leona top beats Rengar top AND jungle! Actually, I hope to bring Leona top because she is a fantastic brawler with a lot of lockdown. Totally getting downvoted for this.

CaptainWinget

04-09-2014

Seriously and this doesn't just go for Rengar, all these reworks are so horrendous. The change of a character's identity is ridiculous, tweaks are one thing but not a whole redefinition of the characters role. This goes for Rengar, Gragas, and the rest of the champions that have been reworked. The community keeps saying no Riot, when are you going to listen to us? This season has been increasingly disappointing especially with Riots enforcement of this stupid tanky meta that is so boring.

Ragu

04-09-2014

Okay, another downvote post incoming, but with gragas, they added an effect to W...and that's it. Granted, the duration was reduced alot and ap ratios lowered, but aside from some additions to his spells, he's literally the same champ. It's not like Karma where she's basically a different champ. Rengar though, he doesn't feel right, I admit. I am still confused that even if i'm horrendously fed, I sure as hell don't feel like it.

SanSarra

04-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragu View Post
Okay, another downvote post incoming, but with gragas, they added an effect to W...and that's it. Granted, the duration was reduced alot and ap ratios lowered, but aside from some additions to his spells, he's literally the same champ. It's not like Karma where she's basically a different champ. Rengar though, he doesn't feel right, I admit. I am still confused that even if i'm horrendously fed, I sure as hell don't feel like it.
Wait, didn't they give him a stun, and took back something like 0.6 ap ratios?

Ragu

04-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanSarra View Post
Wait, didn't they give him a stun, and took back something like 0.6 ap ratios?
Yes, but is that enough to completely validate the "identity removal" argument? Before,you pressed 3 buttons to 100-0 someone. Now you have to throw in an empowered auto attack maybe. Does this warrant the ruined identity argument?