Rengar Thread of Bolas and Roaring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RyuPhalian

04-09-2014

Is anyone else amazed at how buggy Rengar currently is? How did he make it through PHE? Prior to his relaunch, I saw several threads talking about different bugs and problems he had. Wasn't the PBE designed to fix flaws like these? I know 75% of people on PBE are just there to try new skins or champion reworks before launch but seriously Riot, check your own forums. Also, anyone else laugh when they saw the "buff" to Rengar on the PBE? increasing the base damage of Q by +10/20/30/40/50. This is an obvious quick fix, I have said it before that Riot needs to implement the Q-fix to get relevant data. What's the point of buffing his Q if it's still bugged to begin with? Also, Rengar needed early game help for first jungle clear so thank you Riot for +10 damage, I am sure that would help his clear speed sooo well.

But seriously, Riot, until you fix Rengar's Q all data about its damage output is irrelevant. It's like judging a professional athlete who has a broken arm as though they were at 100%. Do NOT wait for the next patch for the bug-fix. We both know that there have been champions in the past with a bug in the kit which hindered them dramatically and you hot-fixed it. This isn't something like a balance issue where it takes time, data, and patients. This is a simple problem (Rengar's kit has some bugs) with a simple solution (squish said bugs). Rengar players shouldn't be forced to wait 2-3 weeks for a fix that Scruffy has said himself that he found less than 6 hours after finding out there was a problem to begin with. Rengar does have other bugs but the Q-Bug is the most glaring and holding him back the most. Can you see why we're frustrated? You have a solution ready but you then decide to dangle it in front of our faces for 2-3 weeks for no reason at all (if there is, I would love to hear it, and don't just say "so it is easier" because that's no excuse)

Von Nicklesnout

04-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by AryatheFaceless View Post
Scruffy got dragged to hell and back by the damn balls in this thread. holy ****
Couldn't possibly be because he pushed out two subpar products in a row. Couldn't possibly be because he ignored community input more than once and only offers up the solution of "we'll give it more damage" for Rengar's Q and "we'll look into increasing missile speed and width" for Skarner.

It's a small wonder he hasn't been moved to a different division of Riot given how buggy Rengar is and the fact that he DIDN'T EVEN PLAY THE CHAMPION before reworking it.

Rengar is life

04-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Nicklesnout View Post
Couldn't possibly be because he pushed out two subpar products in a row. Couldn't possibly be because he ignored community input more than once and only offers up the solution of "we'll give it more damage" for Rengar's Q and "we'll look into increasing missile speed and width" for Skarner.

It's a small wonder he hasn't been moved to a different division of Riot given how buggy Rengar is and the fact that he DIDN'T EVEN PLAY THE CHAMPION before reworking it.
He knows nothing of old Rengar.

Why don't we try get someone who knows their **** on the case? Join the cause.
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4425557

Blyted

04-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Nicklesnout View Post

I have said it before Scruffy is a numbers watcher he needs to be working on items where numbers are the end all be all and not champions where feel and synergy matter.

That Skarner rework is a mess in my opinion. I haven't tried Rengar yet, but that warning when he is in stealth is legit the worst design I've seen yet in this game; no joke whoever came up with that has brought much shame on themselves.

noponzo

04-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samus Frost View Post
Every match that I've had with a rengar in it has been a slaughter house. They are snowballing to much for teams to handle singe he doesn't have to commit so much into throwing out his bola's anymore. He throws is from a long distance at a quick speed and gets the slow then blows people up. No matter what lane I play that isn't against the Rengar be it top or jungle he always excels a bit to much. I've had one that went in and killed our jungler who as 3 levels ahead at his red buff in mid game. Just the damage alone is enough to just shatter the difference of levels between the two. (hecarim was level 15 enemy Rengar was level 12. Rengar 2 shot the Heca.)
i know you dont play rengar since you posted this so i will spell it out in as simple words as i can

Q does much less damage then it use to and is currently bugged

Deftin

04-09-2014

Hi. I've played an extensive amount of Rengar (almost 300+ games from season 2 to now).

I've followed Rengar's rework since discussion first began and after playing a handful of games since his rework I feel really disappointed.

I understand that some changes where necessary, but a lot of the new changes seem rather harsh considering the state of the meta and how other assassins and other stealth characters don't have the sort of restrictions placed upon them that Rengar now has. Don't even get me started about the removal of attack speed on Q or the fact that tower pushing is a joke, while Nasus and countless other tops "punish" towers ALMOST as bad as pre-nerf Rengar with their own AA steroid abilities. I'd really appreciate if someone gave us a in-depth answer of why Rengar, out of all people is now one of the worst tower pushers ever, but everyone else remains untouched.

In terms of assinations-- Leblanc, Zed, Kha, even early game Lee (and i guess mid/late if he did well enough) can basically insta-gib you and get away without any repercussions. I understand popping out of stealth from nowhere was toxic; but, as people have mentioned there was ways to stop Rengar 100-0ing you--pinks, hard cc (etc). I guess hard cc shuts down almost any assassin, but i have a hard time accepting the fact that Kha with a few items can 100-0 me easily (and from stealth i might add) or that Leblanc can use a full rotation to silence, snare, and end my life while porting away like nothing happened. Regardless of their kits I rolled with it, even if it is hard to play around some of the toxic and unfair play-styles that are current in the meta. It's unfair to have a champion assassinate you out of nowhere, but it's not unfair to have Nid spears take away 3/4 of my HP as she leaps away and have her heal be on par with Soraka? Or for Pantheon to be able to stun me from his ult--allowing him to get a full rotation and spear me to death??

Anyway, I'm ok with Rengar moving into fighter territory--but him becoming a tanky-bruiser akin to someone like Shyv or Renekton is not a role that I--or anybody who actually mains Rengar--want from the stabby-kitty. Can't he be like Riven, a mobile fighter with tools to survive and navigate around the fight but with enough power to decimate someone if played right?.....Because right now he's pretty much de-clawed. Top lane is extremely difficult to play, almost everyone you lane against will out-scale you AFTER ****ting on you in-lane and by the way I don't think adding a measly amount of damage to his Q is going to solve anything, granted the link that follows in a unofficial PBE patch preview for 4.6...but come on, after COUNTLESS posts of people explaining why this rework is so clunky and bad, that's all you can give us right now? ( PBE UNOFFICAL PATCH NOTES -- http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/27...-9-2014-vandal). His jungle is also poor, albeit he can farm in safety-- still, why play Rengar when I can tower dive as Lee at level 3 or pull of some other stuff that like that with other champs in the jungle roster.

Look, here are the issues with Rengar as I see them.

Q -- Lackluster damage and overall a bland ability. Even empowered Q feels useless and lame. Can't you add a bleed, armor pen, a debuff or something to make it unique and not just a AA reset? His hunter theme allows you so much to work with and if you're so worried about him dishing out too much damage this lets you balance that by giving him something unique to work with, rather than dumping damage into it.

E -- The bowla animation is too slow, the wind up animation makes it extremely easy to see coming, and, ontop of that it does "meh" damage. Though it's made topgar a lot harder to play and added a level of skill to Rengar which might discourage some, I overall like this change, but I feel it'd be nice to at least add vision to champs hit and maybe even allow Rengar a short window to jump to the target hit. I don't think this is too much to ask because Kha, Zed, Lee Sin, Rene, Shen, Riven, Leblanc and countless other champions have means of mobility that let's them bypass walls or escape from dire situations. Rengar might have his ult........ but this leads me to my next gripe:

R -- Just take away the exclamation point. I see no reason (and you have yet to provide one since his damage is more spaced out and basically gutted) for Rengar to be THE ONLY STEALTH CHAMP to have a indicator of him being stealthed. Why? Explain this to me. Please, Riot, I'm practically begging you. If you've taken away his tower pushing, made him overall weaker, and nerfed his ferocity gain in his ult, why is this even added? His damage is subpar after R'ing because now because not only if there a longer time frame limitation for Rengar to unload on you, but there's also the stupid exclamation. Either implement this change to all stealth champions or give a justifiable reason for it being there. I know that it's getting reverted somewhat if you stealth in the fog of war, but it still doesn't change the fact that Twitche's Q is arguably a better move then his current ult right now, as well as countless other stealth champs having almost no repercussion for stealthing in front of the enemy.

In fact, even the move speed out of his ult isn't even that useful. Yeah, I can stick to targets--in theory--but in practice I still get peeled off...I feel the movement speed bonus could be buffed a little more as it still doesn't feel like much of a ult.
I remember reading a while back that there was discussion for Rengar to have the option to gain a massive movespeed boost (without stealth) or the choice for him to R again to gain stealth.

Would it be possible to have this again? Something like:
Rengar gains X of movespeed, after leaping the movement speed is doubled (or a little faster) and he gains ferocity over 5 seconds.

OR within a small time-frame (2-3 sec?):

Rengar reactives R going into stealth for X amount of time but LOSES ALL MOVESPEED, he gains ferocity over the duration. After leaping you don't get anything.

This way Rengar players could have options to either engage for a sustained fight or they can pull off some clever plays/ quick burst by going stealth. His damage is still in a poor stage and It's unlikely you'll make him where he's strong enough to burst people down pre-nerf...so I feel this isn't to crazy of a suggestions. I personally liked this idea when it first came about because it added some depth and seemed to me more of a ultimate then the current rendition.

Bonetooth -- It's nice as a trinket, but overall it feels bland to me. I wish there was something more unique or special about getting the head of Kha too. I'm not that frustrated by this change out of all of the aforementioned but it still feels like an afterthought. Most games you can even get almost all the bonuses, but they don't really help that much when you can barley 1v1 supports or everyone so far ahead since you're so weak and pathetic early.

I tried to keep this constructive and my emotions in check...I hope it reads that way.

P.S WHERE IS MY MEOWGAR SKIN? RENGAR NEEDS A SKIN WHERE He's A KITTEN!

Canstainer

04-09-2014

Just revert.

MindSlush

04-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Jag View Post
we made some small changes to the spell to ensure it feels good. ...... if it still feels clunky we'll keep an eye on it.
He JUST finished saying that it DOESN'T feel good.
Why did you just ignore that.

IciSoul

04-09-2014

I think rengar should gain vision when his bola hit the target to better fit the use of his passive, for example he can bola a blue buff and gain vision of it, then jump over from the brush.

noponzo

04-09-2014

All i want is my two front teeth for christmas!!!!!!!!!

WOW so just looked at my rengar stats and and dont think i have won more then 2 games with him since patch now 30-20 with my KDR shooting to hell since i cannot cap kills without 5 damage items and cannot servive leaping out of stealth without 6 tank items im sad now