Rengar Thread of Bolas and Roaring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BaneofLords

04-09-2014

I agree with what a lot of people are saying about the stealth notification, it completely defeats the purpose of stealth in the first place (especially if the enemy team has someone with an AOE stun like Amumu) and in all honesty being unseen completely when ulting was one of Rengars best traits. Rengar's new ultimate has a cooldown of 120 seconds at rank one, 95 at rank 2, and 70 when maxed out. With 40% CDR at max rank Rengar can enter stealth with his ultimate every 42 seconds, remaining stealthed for 7-12 seconds depending on your Bonetooth stacks, this means that in just about every fight Rengar should have his ultimate up for use and should have the ability to take out his target now, heres another champion with a similar ability: Twitch. Twitch is an ADC so, much like assassin Rengar, he'll be building straight damage and be able to destroy any weaker enemies with very little effort. Twitch also has the ability to use invisibility and UNLIKE Rengar he has access to his stealth at level 1, making quick jukes and assassinations early on relatively easy in the early game. At all ranks, Twitch's stealth has a 16 second cooldown, but leveling it will allow for longer durations of stealth, maxing out with 8 seconds of invisibility, not only one second above Rengar before accessing his Bonetooth bonuses, but possibly keeping him in stealth for half of the time it takes for the skill to come back up. If Twitch is build for straight damage and actually has a stealth ability with a LONGER duration than Rengar and a SHORTER COOLDOWN AT ALL RANKS, then doesn't it seem like the there are stealth abilities more suited to a notification than Rengar? Rengar can only keep stealth for a few seconds at a time, and even then he has to decide whether he'll use it to escape a skirmish or if he'll need for it to be up during the next teamfight whereas Twitch can simply use the ability multiple times regardless of the possibility of wasting it. And then there's the surprise ambush that they both can set up, Twitch can deal 150% of his bonus attack damage immediately after getting full stacks of Deadly Venom on his victim, not to mention that he'll be dealing true damage per second, within seconds the enemy will be killed. Rengar, on the other hand, will now alert the enemy to his presence allowing to set up the proper precautions, i.e. cc, this makes the idea of using Rengar's ultimate a very tricky choice especially when running away if he got caught out in his teams jungle.

TL;DR Rengar's notification to his victims in stealth doesn't make sense as it defeats the purpose of being an assassin and can be easily outclassed by other champions with stealth, specifically Twitch.

This isn't really the only issue I have with his new kit, but I think its one that needs a bit more attention, hopefully my feedback helps.

AryatheFaceless

04-09-2014

Scruffy got dragged to hell and back by the damn balls in this thread. holy ****

Samus Frost

04-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahff Bengarr View Post
He seems less powerful from the one game I've played.
Every match that I've had with a rengar in it has been a slaughter house. They are snowballing to much for teams to handle singe he doesn't have to commit so much into throwing out his bola's anymore. He throws is from a long distance at a quick speed and gets the slow then blows people up. No matter what lane I play that isn't against the Rengar be it top or jungle he always excels a bit to much. I've had one that went in and killed our jungler who as 3 levels ahead at his red buff in mid game. Just the damage alone is enough to just shatter the difference of levels between the two. (hecarim was level 15 enemy Rengar was level 12. Rengar 2 shot the Heca.)

RakshirX

04-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samus Frost View Post
Every match that I've had with a rengar in it has been a slaughter house. They are snowballing to much for teams to handle singe he doesn't have to commit so much into throwing out his bola's anymore. He throws is from a long distance at a quick speed and gets the slow then blows people up. No matter what lane I play that isn't against the Rengar be it top or jungle he always excels a bit to much. I've had one that went in and killed our jungler who as 3 levels ahead at his red buff in mid game. Just the damage alone is enough to just shatter the difference of levels between the two. (hecarim was level 15 enemy Rengar was level 12. Rengar 2 shot the Heca.)
You're smoking some hardcore sh*t, mate.

Samus Frost

04-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakshirX View Post
You're smoking some hardcore sh*t, mate.
It happened. Just at the Tryndamere top that I played with last night that did absolutly nothing against the rengar and any point in the game due to his ability to just keep running while throwing out the bola with out turning back to get it tossed at them at all. That rengar died only 2x the entire match and 1 shot almost everyone.

DoctorInju

04-09-2014

If the ! is here to stay, why not emphasize the paranoid feel of it and have it apply a debuff? Even if it didn't persist after the stealth ended, it would add to his team fight contribution. I'd make it a penalty to attack speed that disappeared when he broke stealth, except on the target he's attacking. Then you get the dramatic, "something is out, something big" effect, complete with an in game modeling of the one guy who gets grabbed panicking. Everyone else turns to shoot, but he gets dragged off.

"Enemies alerted become Paranoid, suffering a penalty (10/15/20%) to attack speed. This penalty wears off 1 second after Rengar exits stealth, but his abilities can refresh its duration."

ridzzzz153

04-09-2014

I love it, their reworking so many champs and making them into trash. Rengar was already bad before and this turned em into ****. Meanwhile, kas is **** now because that ult is so bad now lol..

Then they ****ed up gragas too... he was not even overpowered.. there was literally nothing wrong with the champ...

RakshirX

04-09-2014

I see they've buffed the Q damage on PBE, but I didn't see anything about bug fixing it so it actually strikes on leap landing, or if they fixed that auto-attack reset bug.

LeFrenchAvenger

04-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatsgokuforlunch View Post
there should be an exclamation mark when you are near teemo mushrooms too pls scruffy make it happen lol
Oh god, teemo minesweeper games. For some reason this seems hilarious to me.

Pikmints

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2014

STOP THE PRESSES!

Riot, there's been one gamebreaking oversight with Rengar's Necklace since the changes. He can't feed poros now. Please make it so that the item has an active on ARAM that is only able to be used once.