Rengar Thread of Bolas and Roaring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShineyDemon

04-08-2014

Hi, relatively new on the forums. I'm not an excellent player but do really like Rengar; I picked him up day one. He just seemed cool. I started playing him again because of the skill shot bola, and honestly I really like it. However, I do have a couple gripes pertaining to his abilities:

1. I feel as though the bola is too slow, if it can't be sped up maybe allowing Rengar to move while casting would make up for this. It would also fit well with his "pursuit heavy" playstyle.

2. It seems to me that the alert has been of greater use to the enemy team when I am having had a bad game. As in, the enemy sees the alert and knows they can kill me so they look for me. Now this is all fine and dandy except that because of the alerts radius they know if they are actually following me if the alert is still active. I know the intention is to limit this ability for use as an escape, but it is downright impossible to use as an escape in games in which you are not a huge threat.

3. I also think that either his Q OR W needs a boost. Not both, he doesn't really fit a tank or assassin role well in his current state.

For me the bola still makes him fun, and I think Rengar ranks high on the badassery scale of champs. How this helps as you guys assess his fit in 4.5.

That's all I have

Skaarrjj

04-08-2014

Rengar's just disapointing. He has none of his kill potential which made him fun.

DrackNath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineyDemon View Post
Hi, relatively new on the forums. I'm not an excellent player but do really like Rengar; I picked him up day one. He just seemed cool. I started playing him again because of the skill shot bola, and honestly I really like it. However, I do have a couple gripes pertaining to his abilities:

1. I feel as though the bola is too slow, if it can't be sped up maybe allowing Rengar to move while casting would make up for this. It would also fit well with his "pursuit heavy" playstyle.

2. It seems to me that the alert has been of greater use to the enemy team when I am having had a bad game. As in, the enemy sees the alert and knows they can kill me so they look for me. Now this is all fine and dandy except that because of the alerts radius they know if they are actually following me if the alert is still active. I know the intention is to limit this ability for use as an escape, but it is downright impossible to use as an escape in games in which you are not a huge threat.

3. I also think that either his Q OR W needs a boost. Not both, he doesn't really fit a tank or assassin role well in his current state.

For me the bola still makes him fun, and I think Rengar ranks high on the badassery scale of champs. How this helps as you guys assess his fit in 4.5.

That's all I have
HEAR THEE! HEAR THEE!!!! HERE IS A PERSON WHO DOES NOT PLAY COMPETITIVE RANKED WHERE RENGAR IS UNVIABLE!!!!
FOR ALL THOSE PLAYERS OUT THERE THAT THINKS Ringo(Rengar) is rank high on the badassery.......Please shut thou mouth and read all the valid comments from high end competitive ranked players before making any annoying comments

Thunder God Olaf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2014

His Q is still BUGGED Please fix it this is when rengar jumps with his Q already Proced he lands on his target (doing 0 damage mind you) and then winds up for the entire Q animation but has an attackspeed delay as if he already auto'ed Its horribly clunky

PhoenixSlayer13

04-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrackNath View Post
HEAR THEE! HEAR THEE!!!! HERE IS A PERSON WHO DOES NOT PLAY COMPETITIVE RANKED WHERE RENGAR IS UNVIABLE!!!!
FOR ALL THOSE PLAYERS OUT THERE THAT THINKS Ringo(Rengar) is rank high on the badassery.......Please shut thou mouth and read all the valid comments from high end competitive ranked players before making any annoying comments
God forbid he give an opinion on something.

DirtyGardenTool

04-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrackNath View Post
*FaceWall* Rengar is not Jax, Jax is not Rengar, Rengar does NOT! I repeat DOES NOT!! have a gap closer like Jax, a stun like JAx and a freaking one hit that does over 1k dmg in a single Tforce and Ulti and W proc
They really need to realize this or else they will ruin other champs, Other champs cant be like other champs they are a class of their own, that is why they are called Champions
The sooner they realize this the better
if not this game owes me over $100
Don't know why I got down voted by anyone when I was just quoting what Jag said, anyway. I agree with you, jax can actually nuke people in like 1-2 seconds. I REALLY hate what they did with the ultimate "here's a stealth that isn't really a stealth" and then they try to make it so that you won't give a notification while in a bush you know basically stealthed while being stealthed. I don't have a problem with the rework but the numbers in the rework are pretty bad... and that notification range, like at least lower the range.... or make you faster because they're in bolas range (which has a slow missile speed anyway so yeah.).

alfavhunter

04-08-2014

they were able to release a hotfix to change gragus hit-box on his E... (a very very minor change that is more for visual benefit)

but cant hotfix rengars leap lolz...

Talohmiir

04-08-2014

After playin some more games, it seems to me that you guys thought of nerfing Q in a few different ways, and I image you planned to use one or two options, but in the end used them all. Let's look at the Q nerfs 1 by 1.

Q: Weak early game damage - Kills lane phase. Would be ok if there was still the AS boost.
Q: No AS boost - Kills early game trades, especially if you built any LS on old Rengar.
Q: No Longer proc on turrets. Kills tower killing and Ferocity stacking (for baiting purposes at towers).
Q: Scales off Champ lvl instead of skill level - Kills the skill all together. Leveled last now.
Emp Q: Weak early game - Same issue as Q, and the AD boost doesn't balance the loss.
Emp Q: Speed decreased - Kills trades, farming, and sustain with LS.
Emp Q: No longer procs on turrets. Same issue as Q from above.
Q + Emp Q: Damage much weaker early on, double Qing rarely happens anymore.
Ult + Q/EmpQ: Timer on normal abilities keeps you from Triple Qing - Kills burst potential and damage.

I have gone against Jax, Renekton, Mundo, Shyvana, Nasus, Jayce, etc... And all of them can sustain through my Qs. They do not do damage at all if they build even a little armor. Q is no longer a stab, it's.... it's a tickle. If you would have nerfed one or two of these things, his Q would still be somewhat viable, but after doing them all, it is beyond weak, and I'd not likely level it once if it didn't give ferocity faster than his other skills.

#BuffRengar'sQ2014.

Please Scruffy, take a look at how much this rework hurt his Q and bring back some of its power.

KILLRyaan

04-08-2014

patch update grag but not rengar. ok.

CerberusZ

04-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Karto View Post
i think you went overboard with giving the enemy awarning that rengar is visible

if you truly want this Rengar should say like "I see you... BEAST" in a small faint voice as a warning

but i really dont like the warning...
I honestly really like this idea over the current 'warning'. I feel the warning should be an auditory rather than visual, I think that makes sense and would feel better for some reason.