Rengar Thread of Bolas and Roaring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TwinkiesCB

04-08-2014

Let Rengar become an assassin again. Take away his stealth from his ult, give him an escape mechanism and raise his burst potential. We rather have that than make Rengar a fighter with that has bad damage and an ultimate that warns people when you're near. We didn' fall in love with Rengar because of his stealth, we fell in love with him because of his passive and his assassin play style! Please take this into consideration!

AdderTude

04-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinkiesCB View Post
Let Rengar become an assassin again. Take away his stealth from his ult, give him an escape mechanism and raise his burst potential. We rather have that than make Rengar a fighter with that has bad damage and an ultimate that warns people when you're near. We didn' fall in love with Rengar because of his stealth, we fell in love with him because of his passive and his assassin play style! Please take this into consideration!
I agree. His jungle play has nearly completely fallen off because if he falls behind from a successful invade or any other reason, he's practically worthless the rest of the match. Jungle was where he belonged and the update to make him a top-laner really destroyed his viability if you wanted him to jungle like a proper assassin.

StoneCold3333316

04-08-2014

I beg you please RIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! give me back my rengar!!! without rengar lol is useless for me!! no matter what i won or lost but i love and fun to play with rengar

give me back my rengar!!! give me back my rengar!!! give me back my rengar!!! give me back my rengar!!! give me back my rengar!!! give me back my rengar!!! give me back my rengar!!! give me back my rengar!!! give me back my rengar!!! give me back my rengar!!! give me back my rengar!!! give me back my rengar!!! give me back my rengar!!! give me back my rengar!!! give me back my rengar!!! give me back my rengar!!! give me back my rengar!!! give me back my rengar!!! give me back my rengar!!! give me back my rengar!!! give me back my rengar!!! give me back my rengar!!! give me back my rengar!!! give me back my rengar!!! give me back my rengar!!! give me back my rengar!!! give me back my rengar!!! give me back my rengar!!! give me back my rengar!!! give me back my rengar!!! give me back my rengar!!! give me back my rengar!!! give me back my rengar!!! give me back my rengar!!! give me back my rengar!!! give me back my rengar!!! give me back my rengar!!! give me back my rengar!!! give me back my rengar!!! give me back my rengar!!! give me back my rengar!!! give me back my rengar!!! give me back my rengar!!! give me back my rengar!!! give me back my rengar!!! give me back my rengar!!! give me back my rengar!!! give me back my rengar!!! give me back my rengar!!! give me back my rengar!!!

Radosmoi

04-08-2014

Some Changes I Think would improve Rengar:

Q-(faster) AA resets.
-Moar ad scaling (main damage source bro)
-be able to q on turrets.
-%damage ignores armour.

W-assassins shouldn't jump into 5 champs (w encourages someone to run into 5 champions to be more effective -_-)
to kill the carry, so buff w for assassin Rengar plz :3
-%damage resistance instead of flat damage reduction.

E-faster projectile speed.
-larger hitbox.
-maybe be able to go through multiple (like zed Shuriken) targets? (e slow only works on champs, the 1st one it hits)

R-smaller alert range.
-Gives a spell shield when you jump on someone (to prevent being instantly cced, and kiting)

These Are my opinions on a better rengar, please look at this scruffy >.<

abbasqamar

04-08-2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sMUY172eEI a v.good short video of only rengar montage the old rengar what was he! what is he now .. new rengar is not even a shadow of old rengar!!! i m not going in technical detail everyone know but RIOT

Please BRING Rengar Back to life!!! please!!

or Give us a Custom mode where we could play the old rengar i dont care about Rank .. i dont wanna be challenger!
I want fun which is most important part of the game!

no matter what i lost or i won i love to play rengar! pleae

****************** Bring Rengar back to Life **************************

bossmann1313

04-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesumTHEPossum View Post
I feel that most of these responses are exactly the same thing we got in the skarner thread. Its going nowhere and clearly they don't understand what we want.
I pretty sure we made it clear what we want on everything except the ult since its rather opinionated.
We want his q to have better base damage, and his empowered q to have higher scaling. Both qs should also give a small attack speed buff (20%) and his q should proc on turrets, but only give him attack speed or damage on the tower.

W is the leat of our worries.

We want his e missile speed to be faster, and have higher damage so it's more rewarding to land.

I

eatsgokuforlunch

04-08-2014

I was unable to assassinate a sona with half hp what more do you want me to say

His damage is overnerfed into garbage

Fix this man its really obvious...he is ****** tier right now

JevelFaithful

04-08-2014

I don't see how they changed him that much. His kit looks still there to me aside from the skillshot part of bola now.
And that Empowered now scale with level.

I guess his burs is lessened but the character is still there. Just gotta adopt the new playstyle.

Daktush

04-08-2014

Hey Riot. I posted this already in the beta community patch prediction, but I figured it won't hurt to repost it here:

I started playing the Rengar patch. Rengar was the first "serious" champion I saved for, I have played him through all the patches, all the changes and I wrote a massive guide for him over on lolking.com. Rengar is very close to my heart and here is what I think about the recent rework:

First of all let me say I like recent changes to Rango. Q change seems nice on paper, I love what you did with W, and even though the changes to e make him weaker laning phase I think they are nice too, I don't like his ultimate changes but can see how it was necessary.

Now for the problems I found:

- When you moved him to more of a fighter role you created a problem in the way Rengar itemizes, you added defense to the mix of core stats that Rengar needs to purchase in order to be any effective but pretty much removed none of those he had before, I feel like Rengar is slot starved really early on because of this: Dorans and boots start, vamp scepter to get that necessary lifesteal, chainvest for trades, kindlegem for bringing my cooldown reduction up and then I have one slot to start or finish one of the items in my inventory.

- If assassin Rengar is gone, and fighter Rengar is here, why would I play Rengar over Trundle, Shyvana, Renekton and Dr. Mundo? It feels like they all do the same job with similar dps, but they just do it better, with a stronger laning phase and requiring less items. I think Rengar is outclassed both in top and in the jungle: Now that he cannot jump and 100 to 0 a carry as easy as before what is his job in a teamfight? He needs to flank, empowered savagery their squishy MVP, battleroar for tons of armor and tank as many abilities as he can hopefully having killed or foced back his enemy. Now take a look at Vi.She can do the same exact job, except she is a much stronger duellist all game long, clears the jungle faster, does more damage with less items and she just needs to point and click their carry to get to them. She also has a built in gapcloser

- He is weak all around, Q does little damage and gives no steroids unless empowered (hopefully you fix how clunky it feels too), you can't harass with e anymore, W recieved a buff, so that's nice, but this still leaves Rengar pretty much a sitting duck during laning phase, or makes him a bad clearer and duellist in the jungle, the only thing Rengar can do is to soak up damage, and he isn't even that good at that.

If you browse reddit you will have probably seen a couple threads regarding these issues, here is one, the opinion of a certain pro player known for his Rengar play, although I do not completely agree I do realize he probably is more qualified to speak about Rengar than I am.

As to how I have been finding Rengar, there is a screenshot of the previous mentioned Rengar thread that sums it up quite nicely: http://pbrd.co/1e7M9lu

In my opinion Rengar should be buffed in the duelling department all game long(If a level 3 doublebuffed Vi finds a doublebuffed lvl 3 Rengar with full ferocity , she should fear for her life), and the necessity of him building lifesteal to stay sustained should be removed, perhaps through a minor heal on Q if it hits a monster or champion?

Thanks for reading

Edit: Also it feels extremely unnatural how you can't use Q on towers anymore, at least let towers consume the spell (without taking damage) for an extra ferocity point and so you can get your bonus 10% AD and bonus AS without having to use empowered Q on a minion nearby.

eatsgokuforlunch

04-08-2014

@Daktush is right

I can't 1v1 anyone absolutely anyone (the double buff rengar vs double buff vi example) I am pretty sure Rengar will die and vi still will have 3/4 hp remaining.