Rengar Thread of Bolas and Roaring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DriednWashedUp

04-07-2014

Q needs to be able to deal dmg to structures. Its not even that strong as it used to be

Rengar is life

04-07-2014

Oh well. If you die you might just have to express your frustrations in here.

Scruffy.

Please.

Splitpushing discussion.

Please.

ShadeeFan

04-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko Ryukudo View Post
I don't understand. they have made him a better dueler and fighter in trade for less 100-0 burst and tower toppling in a few Q's. How does this leave him with no role? This promotes him staying with the team instead of trying to win all by himself by afk farming a lane and taking a tower.

He still has the ability to be an assassin, but they toned down his instant burst by pressing R + Q + Q + Q and killing anyone that doesn't have 200 armor in less than 3 seconds. He can still kill someone rather quickly that is caught out.
Reread my post once again. I said he has no pattern to fall back on, not no role. If he is losing, he has nothing to do. He cannot splitpush, he cannot teamfight unless he builds tank (which I guess new Rengar does because they ruined his assassin identity.)

And no, he cannot assassinate against a decent team. It takes him a good 5-6 seconds to get someone even low. He is incredibly open to cc. Zed can get someone to 1/3 in 2 seconds and have his ult finish them off and still live.

Rengar is life

04-07-2014

Scruffy.

Please.

Splitpushing discussion.

Please.

No name just me

04-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossmann1313 View Post
Telling Scruffy he screwed up isn't helping at all. He knows he messed up and is trying to fix it. Instead of blatantly criticizing him tell him what you want out of rengar.
I don't think you understand
he hasn't said he screwed the rework up. Right now he thinks they overnerfed him a wee bit based on the overwhelming community opinion that he completely and entirely ****ed Rengar.

Von Nicklesnout

04-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko Ryukudo View Post
I don't understand. they have made him a better dueler and fighter in trade for less 100-0 burst and tower toppling in a few Q's. How does this leave him with no role? This promotes him staying with the team instead of trying to win all by himself by afk farming a lane and taking a tower.
Except that's wrong. Against popular top lane picks like Shyvana, Jax, and Renekton Rengar gets absolutely destroyed and he has no ability to come back from it afterwards. This isn't even about the split pushing, it's about him actually DOING DAMAGE. The whole "Well Assassins farm bruisers" statement that Scruffy made was ludicrously uninformed since there's never been a time where in his over-a-year long dominance would you EVER send something squishy and reliant on burst against Renekton.

Face it, they destroyed Rengar's identity because Scruffy doesn't play the champion or know how to manage the power budget properly, instead giving him a ****ty "!" warning on his ultimate, a piss-poor excuse for an AA reset that can't even be used on towers and has no utility outside of empowered form, and laughable tanking powers.

Quote:
He still has the ability to be an assassin, but they toned down his instant burst by pressing R + Q + Q + Q and killing anyone that doesn't have 200 armor in less than 3 seconds. He can still kill someone rather quickly that is caught out.
The only time you'll EVER catch somebody like that is if they literally have no map awareness or situational awareness. All the enemy team has to do is wait for the "!" to pop up and collapse on each other so they can destroy you in an orgy of violence or laugh at you for wasting your ultimate.

Rengar is life

04-07-2014

Well come on then friends, this is like the worst chant ever.

Scruffy.

Please.

Splitpushing discussion.

Please.

bossmann1313

04-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by No name just me View Post
I don't think you understand
he hasn't said he screwed the rework up. Right now he thinks they overnerfed him a wee bit based on the overwhelming community opinion that he completely and entirely ****ed Rengar.
I know he hasn't said that he screwed up the rework, but after all this I pray that he's not thinking what you said. Because rengar needs a lot more than just a small damage buff.

bossmann1313

04-07-2014

I'll join in

Scruffy.

Please.

Splitpushing discussion.

Please.

Rengar is life

04-07-2014

Why would you remove options from a champion with an already limited repertoire of play patterns?

Scruffy.

Please.

Splitpushing discussion.

Please.