Rengar Thread of Bolas and Roaring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rengar is life

04-07-2014

Sing it from the rooftops bretheren.

Scruffy.

Please.

Splitpushing discussion.

Please.

bossmann1313

04-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko Ryukudo View Post
He just said the Q is getting a damage buff a few minutes ago.

It's pretty obvious that they don't want him to be able to be an effective splitpusher. They removed that mechanic expressely so that he can not take towers faster than anyone can come back to lane without teleport.

Like Tryndamere, you ran the risk of leaving lane and he would push up and get some good slaps on the tower. In Rengars case, he could build CDR and just spam Q, while getting increasing amounts of attack speed. So if you were losing trades and had to back and heal with his minions pushing to the tower...you come back to lane with your tower almost half hp or worse unless your jungler is there to relieve the pressure. Tryndamere has to build attack speed and lots of it to take towers fast. All Rengar needed was a little CDR, his Q already had a ton of upfront damage and great scaling.

Rengar was simply too good at splitpushing, and I for one am glad that it is not as bad as it was before. Instead of getting tons of free attack speed and 3 second attack resets on Q, you have to itemise for splitpushing instead of running brutalizer and mobos and getting it practicaly for free
We just want to actually make a dent in the towers now, we aren't asking for old rengar split push. I personally just want a small attack speed buff attached to both q's (about 20%), but when he attacks a tower only the attack speed boost goes through. This way he can hit a tower quickly a few times, instead of taking 400hp of of it in half a second with double q and taking the rest 1100hp in 2 more seconds with the massive as boost.

ShadeeFan

04-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rengar is life View Post
Sing it from the rooftops bretheren.

Scruffy.

Please.

Splitpushing discussion.

Please.
Agreed. Rengar needs a pattern to fall back on, and his splitpushing went from godlike to nonexistant in any way.

Splitpushing discussion.

Please.

Rengar is life

04-07-2014

Scruffy.

Please.

Splitpushing discussion.

Please.

Rengar is life

04-07-2014

Join in dammit.

Scruffy.

Please.

Splitpushing discussion.

Please.

ShadeeFan

04-07-2014

Fine, I'll join in a little bit.

Scruffy.

Please.

Splitpushing discussion.

Please.

Miko Ryukudo

04-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadeeFan View Post
Reread my post please. I said Q was doing no damage in general. Scruffy said the Q buff was for early game, no guarantee that it will do damage late game. I also said that the splitpushing doesn't need to be anywhere near as good as before, but must sort of exist instead of him barely scratching the tower. Q not affecting the tower at all is a mistake. He has no pattern to fall back on anymore.
I don't understand. they have made him a better dueler and fighter in trade for less 100-0 burst and tower toppling in a few Q's. How does this leave him with no role? This promotes him staying with the team instead of trying to win all by himself by afk farming a lane and taking a tower.

He still has the ability to be an assassin, but they toned down his instant burst by pressing R + Q + Q + Q and killing anyone that doesn't have 200 armor in less than 3 seconds. He can still kill someone rather quickly that is caught out.

Rengar is life

04-07-2014

Thank you.

Scruffy.

Please.

Splitpushing discussion.

Please.

AntiSkillshot

04-07-2014

Scruffy.

Please.

Splitpushing discussion.

Please.

QAQ

ShadeeFan

04-07-2014

Sorry, could only do it twice. Going into a game.

Scruffy.

Please.

Splitpushing discussion.

Please.