Rengar Thread of Bolas and Roaring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drakonitus

04-07-2014

Why not making Rengar W scaling of AD instead of AP?

Why not making his E more fast? I mean even a 335 move speed champion can easily avoid his E.

Rengar now just doesn't is good in any role.

I have been testing him today, and guys... he isn't good in jungle. Isn't good in top lane...

Scruffy I'm pretty sure that or you will need to buff Rengar or he will be at Urgot tier: no one will use him for a competitive game.

Big Fat Unicorn

04-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
Hey all,

The Rengar update is live and we're playing and monitoring his performance a ton on our end. Let's use this thread for constructive feedback. Once we have more data we will definitely be adjusting his power levels up or down if he needs it.

-How are the changes playing for you?
-What builds are you using?
-What lanes are you playing him in?
-Finding any bugs?

I've already seen a suggestion that I like: his alert to enemies during the ult only appears if they would be able to see him out of stealth, we're already talking about this a lot internally. This seems like a good way for Rengar to optimize a bit more by taking clever paths on ganks and approaches.

-Scruffy
No Meow's will be had with this change.

eatsgokuforlunch

04-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rengar is life View Post
Scruffy.

Please.

Splitpushing discussion.

Please.
even his wave clear sucks without hydra anyone else shyvanna , JAX , Susan , udyr , elise Melt turrets compared to rengar..

Miko Ryukudo

04-07-2014

I find it very sad for AllStarzw to be getting upvotes for attacking anyone that likes the rework, yet anyine who likes it or gives it feedback is needlessly downvoted.

Such hate.

No name just me

04-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko Ryukudo View Post
This....this is why we can't have nice things in the community.

I can't even wrap my mind around the ignorance in this post.

Community : "Rengar is weak, all Scruffy fault. Lets get the pitchforks and burn down his house for ruining our champion!"

Scruffy: "Seems the data I collected agree's with the popular opinion. Rengar is a little weak early, so lets try and fix that next patch on live "

Community : " STILL HATE YOU FOR MAKING HIM SO WEAK"
How about how he still refuses to admit that he and everyone else that worked on the rework completely messed Rengar up in countless ways besides "being a little weak early"
he's weak at ALL points of the game, slower and clunkier feeling, and buggy
how can you actually think "early game damage buff" will help him become a viable pick again? It won't.

RyuPhalian

04-07-2014

Quote:
The way the numbers work out, if you hit 1 enemy champion or large monster the numbers are exactly the same as the old Rengar. Any more than that and you are getting more Armor/MR than he used to have.
... that tells me about as much as I already knew. If you have 30 base bonus, do you get +15 per enemy hit or is it diminishing returns?

Ololoshev

04-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rengar is life View Post
Scruffy.

Please.

Splitpushing discussion.

Please.
People in skarner rework thread have been calling out scruffy for discussion for months. Hope you're ready to wait.

Miko Ryukudo

04-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by No name just me View Post
How about how he still refuses to admit that he and everyone else that worked on the rework completely messed Rengar up in countless ways besides "being a little weak early"
he's weak at ALL points of the game, slower and clunkier feeling, and buggy
how can you actually think "early game damage buff" will help him become a viable pick again? It won't.
Because you missed the ship where Scruffy stated that his ultimate is being changed to not giving those a warning that didn't see him enter stealth and that the delay on his Q animation, and his Q properly responding on activating before the jump on the hit is being fixed and tested .

People are blindly hating because they do not like the current changes, yet turn a blind eye to any of the proposed changes to make it better. At least read some of the topic before commenting.

ShadeeFan

04-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko Ryukudo View Post
Because you missed the ship where Scruffy stated that his ultimate is being changed to not giving those a warning that didn't see him enter stealth and that the delay on his Q animation, and his Q properly responding on activating before the jump on the hit is being fixed and tested .

People are blindly hating because they do not like the current changes, yet turn a blind eye to any of the proposed changes to make it better. At least read some of the topic before commenting.
There's still the issue with his E moving almost half as slow as a nidalee spear, being incredibly unreliable, and still doing almost no damage. Then there's the issue with his Q doing no damage. Then there's also the issue where they completely removed his splitpushing whenever his Q would barely scratch a tower anyway with how **** it is now.

There is also still no discussion at all on his splitpushing. He seems to be avoiding this topic like the plague. Sure, it doesn't need to be godlike, but it still needs to sort of exist and be decent in case he is completely falling behind.

bossmann1313

04-07-2014

Quote:
After getting some data, we're also looking into buffing his early lane/jungle clear through damage on Q. These changes should go out with the next patch.
Alright, we are off to a start. But could you be more specific? Will he get buffed damage on normal and empowered q? Will he also get attack speed? (he should). Will it proc on turrets? There are still a lot of problems on his entire kit that need to be addressed. So please do your best to respond to those quickly and with as much information as possible.T hank You