Rengar Thread of Bolas and Roaring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

grim child

04-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko Ryukudo View Post
This....this is why we can't have nice things in the community.

I can't even wrap my mind around the ignorance in this post.

Community : "Rengar is weak, all Scruffy fault. Lets get the pitchforks and burn down his house for ruining our champion!"

Scruffy: "Seems the data I collected agree's with the popular opinion. Rengar is a little weak early, so lets try and fix that next patch on live "

Community : " STILL HATE YOU FOR MAKING HIM SO WEAK"
well thats like if someone killed your bestfriend and then said oops im sorry your not gonna forgive them. Also, bare in mind he changed something that was in a very very popular game that some people actually enjoyed using and the changes he made killed the core concepts of the champion and totally ruined what made him fun

Brightinly

04-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
We have an ult change coming in the next patch that will not alert enemies if you wouldn't be visible to them outside of stealth. This is really big for when he is ganking or approaching his targets from a brush or near walls. It was pretty silly to alert the enemy when Rengar wouldn't have been visible out of stealth anyway, you guys were totally right on this one.

Also, the Q and Empowered Q attack animations are getting significantly sped up. This will fix a lot of the "my Q didn't go off" cases, and it's a non trivial buff in his dps output over time.

This isn't the end, but it's what I can say is coming with certainty right now.
Fix Xerath's ult too please. 1 indicator is enough, the enemy doesn't need to know where my mouse is.

AgeOfPwn

04-07-2014

His cooldowns are STUPID LONG.

I wanted to think this was an OKAY at best change, but MY GOD. He clears slow as balls, his sustain is **** and his ganks are ALL OR NOTHING.

Not to mention his damage is pathetic now compared to any halfway decent jungle.

Bola every 12 seconds. Roar every 10. THEY DON'T EVEN SCALE WITH LEVEL. you have to practically shove CDR down his throat to accomplish anything.

Rengar is life

04-07-2014

Quote:
After getting some data, we're also looking into buffing his early lane/jungle clear through damage on Q. These changes should go out with the next patch.
Appreciated, but Scruff please could we get a proper discussion about Rengar's splitpushing.

Believe me, there's room in his current power budget to accompany it, since he can't splitpush he has no recovery route if he falls behind and he loses out in worthiness as a pick to other champions who can splitpush.

All Best Rengar

04-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko Ryukudo View Post
This....this is why we can't have nice things in the community.

I can't even wrap my mind around the ignorance in this post.

Community : "Rengar is weak, all Scruffy fault. Lets get the pitchforks and burn down his house for ruining our champion!"

Scruffy: "Seems the data I collected agree's with the popular opinion. Rengar is a little weak early, so lets try and fix that next patch on live "

Community : " STILL HATE YOU FOR MAKING HIM SO WEAK"

Shut up. Youre a sucker.

Overswagulation

04-07-2014

Quote:
After getting some data, we're also looking into buffing his early lane/jungle clear through damage on Q. These changes should go out with the next patch.

I don't know you ignore so much positive criticism and simply decide "we're gonna buff him by giving him straight damage."

This is not what Rengar needs at the moment. The reason he's virtually useless is that his ult is basically nothing but a movespeed buff and because his q can not be used on structures (no splitpushing potential anymore). The alerting option is not the right way to go about adding counterplay to a champion. In fact, Twitch has an invisibility that's even better because of no alert, and guess what? That's not even his freaking ultimate.

Case in point being you hit Rengar when he was one of the most balanced champions in LoL. He had crazy lvl 1-3, moderate 3-16, then good split pushing potential afterwards, he wasn't necessarily a terror that would dive in and murder your carries like Jax would. Rengar wasn't necessarily a ridiculous assassin that only required farm to be unstoppable like Zed, either. The only time Rengar become unbeatable was when fed (the same exact argument can be made for a fed riven, draven, etc).

Rengar needs his old everything back, except with his e to remain a skillshot.

Also, if you want further breakdown as to why Rengar is such a mess right now, consider his entire skillset. His q is meant to make him a duelist, yet he is outshined by all other duelists. His W is meant to make him some sort of a tank, but he can't even fill that role. His e translates to him being some sort of an initiator, but that would result in nothing but him getting murdered. And then there's his ult which was discussed above. The point is that Rengar's kit is so conflicting and nonsensical at the moment it's ludicrous.

Camped by Dad

04-07-2014

i think we should give rengar ferocity when he uses q on a structure but gives no extra dmg

Canstainer

04-07-2014

And the forum still mad.
Revert or we will do.

TROUNCE

04-07-2014

Quote:

Was the patch from today 4/7 Rengar Bug fixes?

Miko Ryukudo

04-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by grim child View Post
well thats like if someone killed your bestfriend and then said oops im sorry your not gonna forgive them. Also, bare in mind he changed something that was in a very very popular game that some people actually enjoyed using and the changes he made killed the core concepts of the champion and totally ruined what made him fun
Changes happen, nerfs happen, buffs happen, reworks happen. This is the cycle of balance.

The core concepts are all still there, it just now requires thought, positioning and execution to do the same thing as before.

You can not expect a rework to be completely finished by the time it reaches live. All the internal and PBE testing are very limited in situations, adverse to the massive amount of data, statistics you can get from the live servers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllStarzw View Post
Shut up. Youre a sucker.
Great constructive feedback.