Rengar Thread of Bolas and Roaring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meko

04-07-2014

Before actually playing the reworked Rengar I thought I would still like him. Then I played him and really didn't like the changes, especially not being able to hit turrets, the sluggish Q feel, and the bugs. After a while though, I realized he's still probably my favorite champion and one shotting squishies is still possible.

I'm really looking forward to your ult not giving the warning when you wouldn't normally be seen, the Q being sped up, and the bug fix for when Q randomly won't do damage sometimes when you're leaping from stealth.

If any on wants to know what I would build on the new Rengar, I'd take from the old Ninfang (Ryan Choi) build and go Bork, Triforce, Ghostblade, Cleaver, Last Whisper. The purchase order would fluctuate.

IS14453219c71b37cd51fea

04-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meko View Post
Before actually playing the reworked Rengar I thought I would still like him. Then I played him and really didn't like the changes, especially not being able to hit turrets, the sluggish Q feel, and the bugs. After a while though, I realized he's still probably my favorite champion and one shotting squishies is still possible.

I'm really looking forward to your ult not giving the warning when you wouldn't normally be seen, the Q being sped up, and the bug fix for when Q randomly won't do damage sometimes when you're leaping from stealth.

If any on wants to know what I would build on the new Rengar, I'd take from the old Ninfang (Ryan Choi) build and go Bork, Triforce, Ghostblade, Cleaver, Last Whisper. The purchase order would fluctuate.

Ninfang is actually looking for a new champ because he cannot play Rengar anymore.

Velkoz Reloaded

04-07-2014

Ya know... I've heard mixed reviews on the rework so far with maybe a 60/40 balance between the two sides...

I think Rengar's kit is flippin' ridiculous now. You can't split push? Why not? Because you can't Q a tower?

Just 1v1'd a Rengar as Darius both of us at mid to full build and equally fed. I Q'd him, pulled him, attacked him, slowed him, activated my Ravenous Hydra and then ulted.... Rengar kept fighting, still at full health.

I'm sorry if he takes a bit more skill to execute but I'm going to hop on the bandwagon of him being pretty good. I've fought Rengars before the rework and enjoyed tanking through them but that.... that was just not okay.

All said and done; his Q doing 50% damage to towers and his ult alerting EVERYONE that he's stealthed doesn't seem unreasonable.

All Best Rengar

04-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakdosRageMutt View Post
Ya know... I've heard mixed reviews on the rework so far with maybe a 60/40 balance between the two sides...

I think Rengar's kit is flippin' ridiculous now. You can't split push? Why not? Because you can't Q a tower?

Just 1v1'd a Rengar as Darius both of us at mid to full build and equally fed. I Q'd him, pulled him, attacked him, slowed him, activated my Ravenous Hydra and then ulted.... Rengar kept fighting, still at full health.

I'm sorry if he takes a bit more skill to execute but I'm going to hop on the bandwagon of him being pretty good. I've fought Rengars before the rework and enjoyed tanking through them but that.... that was just not okay.

Only 1 division is aloud to get a full build....that's bronze.

biitch
pls.

Velkoz Reloaded

04-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllStarzw View Post
Only 1 division is aloud to get a full build....that's bronze.

biitch
pls.
Silver.

And your point is? If someone in bronze can do well with a champion then why can't you?

I don't believe I'm a female dog. Perhaps a spell check would help you though.

Let's stay on topic instead of attacking people because they disagree with us on the internet.

Child
Please.

On that happy note: still think I'd be okay with his ult getting tweaked to alert everyone OR making all stealth alert when nearby.

Ololoshev

04-07-2014

Quote:
Silver.

And your point is? If someone in bronze can do well with a champion then why can't you?

I don't believe I'm a female dog. Perhaps a spell check would help you though.

Let's stay on topic instead of attacking people because they disagree with us on the internet.

Child
Please.

On that happy note: still think I'd be okay with his ult getting tweaked to alert everyone OR making all stealth alert when nearby.
You didn't provide us with any information about what the "full build" from both of you was. There is also a huge difference between being able to duel and being able to assasinate or being able to be useful in teamfights.

Velkoz Reloaded

04-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ololoshev View Post
You didn't provide us with any information about what the "full build" from both of you was. There is also a huge difference between being able to duel and being able to assasinate or being able to be useful in teamfights.
That's fair:
His build was Feral Flare, Blood Thirster, Trinity Force, Beserker's Greaves (and maybe one other item?)

Mine: Trinity Force, Hydra, Sunfire Cape, Ninja Tabi, last Whisper

He was assassinating our adc pretty much instantly and then sitting in the fight and staying at pretty much full health.

I dunno. I was reading the rework and it sounded pretty good on paper. I was concerned about how crazy the empowered battle roar looked on paper. That's pretty much a Leona shield for a few seconds if used correctly and it gives more armor/magic resist per enemy champ hit. That's a lot of tank/sustain for an assassin.

I can understand people disliking the shift from a straight assassin as Skarner was shifted from a Tank into a fighter and I hate that but I don't get why people are saying he's underpowered. His bola slows you ANd gives him movement speed. It seems like there's a reason for Rengar to empower more than just his Q and it seems like he's still plenty strong. I chatted with the player after the game and he said he loved the new rework so... I dunno. I'm not saying the rework is perfect but I don't want to see number buffs and I'm pretty certain in that.

Ololoshev

04-07-2014

Quote:
That's fair:
His build was Feral Flare, Blood Thirster, Trinity Force, Beserker's Greaves (and maybe one other item?)

Mine: Trinity Force, Hydra, Sunfire Cape, Ninja Tabi, last Whisper

He was assassinating our adc pretty much instantly and then sitting in the fight and staying at pretty much full health.

I dunno. I was reading the rework and it sounded pretty good on paper. I was concerned about how crazy the empowered battle roar looked on paper. That's pretty much a Leona shield for a few seconds if used correctly and it gives more armor/magic resist per enemy champ hit. That's a lot of tank/sustain for an assassin.

I can understand people disliking the shift from a straight assassin as Skarner was shifted from a Tank into a fighter and I hate that but I don't get why people are saying he's underpowered. His bola slows you ANd gives him movement speed. It seems like there's a reason for Rengar to empower more than just his Q and it seems like he's still plenty strong. I chatted with the player after the game and he said he loved the new rework so... I dunno. I'm not saying the rework is perfect but I don't want to see number buffs and I'm pretty certain in that.
Well you're saying that Rengar who was really fed judjing by items, with a LOT of lifesteal, was able to stay relatively healthy against a team consisting of squishies with almost no resistances? If you'd fight jax he would do the same. And yes, changing champion's core identity IS bad, why would people love rework if it took away what they loved Rengar for?

rizimisherenow

04-07-2014

hate this change so muchh..rengar was my first main ever, sad to see ill never play him again.

IS14453219c71b37cd51fea

04-07-2014

SCRUFFY ANSWER ! WHen are you going to make changes ?

Which changer ?

ANSWER !

The char is unplayable at the moment.