AD Udyr viability

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hog0vHwZTWyohxRT

01-10-2011

Lets start off with a bottomline here.

I've played Udyr as my most played champion. I never found out whats so cool about Locket and I did well with Udyr always. Before, I used attack speed/tanky build. It worked pretty well but I found it quite boring in the end and it didn't scale so well if game extended to point where everyone has maxed out their items.

Now, I found out that AD Udyr is the new way. I love it. You'll have the highest burst that exists in the game at the beginning. A stable one, that is. Trynd/Sion/GP can't even deal that high compared to you, because currently the first time you use a stance, the cooldown resets instantly. So imagine, 2 tiger stances in a row. Definition of pain.

(Just a note; with armor pen runes, I deal 500-600 damage in 3 seconds at level 1. I can get it higher with AD runes and AD sword, if I felt like that. )

However, I only seem to find it useful in 3vs3 and probably magma chamber. 5vs5 will contain the problem that you can only jungle. Jungling isn't bad. You can put a ward to enemy golem, take out yours in 5 seconds, teleport to the golem and kill their jungler and take the golem as well possibly.

But towards the teamfights, Udyr has a high possibility of getting just stunlocked to death. Add to that, Udyr is hit by CC harder than any other champion, some reasoning:

He has only melee skills. Slow will devastate him always, but usually in teamfights it won't matter that much to get slowed.
He needs to have his stances up constantly and switch them. Silence/hardCC will screw that up.

Snares hit him like anyone else though. And displacement as well.

So, what you guys see of AD Udyr? Anyone has success over playing him well in 5vs5?

Ephemeropter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-10-2011

Fantastic..

I'm just writing an AD udyr guide to Twisted treeline , and its about exactely what you just told about massive tiger stacking.

Ephemeropter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-10-2011

I'm getting real nice results , but ONLY in TT.

Rawrful

01-10-2011

I dominate ranked 5v5 with AD Udyr. You put one point in phoenix at level 1 to jungle, then max Tiger and Turtle, rush Lantern and Black Cleaver, kill anything you touch instantly while being invincible. Mid/late you move into the good old Banshees/Omen (Or Sunfire), with a Trinity. You can solo Baron at Lantern/Black Cleaver/Omen if you have 5 ranks in turtle and 5 in Tiger.

Hog0vHwZTWyohxRT

01-10-2011

Ah, ranked.

I've actually always dominated with Udyr in premades. Not sure why, honestly. And only in premades where we had communication in vent or TS.

Else, I usually fail in ganks because teamies won't report that someone has a ward et cetera. But I havent yet tried this with AD Udyr.

Thanks extremely lot for that comment though, I'll see about using those items instead in 5vs5. I've never liked lantern that much though, to be honest. But I know it has lot of use and Madreds is quite expensive on the other hand. + Lantern benefits way more than Madreds anyway.

Oh and best part about premades; I get always mid. People don't expect Udyr in mid, but his worst counters would never come to mid either, lol.