Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dr Mundo is good or bad?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deadly Limes

04-02-2014

I was wondering if he would be a champ that'd be worth buying.

I've got some questions.

1. What role/lane is he?

2. Is he being nerfed?

3. Why is he good, if he is?

JarOfSARS

04-02-2014

1. Jungle or top, usually top.

2. Unlikely any time soon, he's pretty balanced.

3. He's very tanky and very hard to kill, much like Singed. His ult gives him stupid amounts of health regen over time, and his passive is good constant regen once he gets more HP and/or a Spirit Visage. His cleavers can nearly permanently slow someone, so he's very good for chasing and escaping bad situations. He is unfortunately not so great at initiating besides walking into the enemy team, and his damage is less than stellar. His lack of CC besides the slow is also a bit of an issue. Still, he's incredibly tanky and his ability to just walk into a fight and spew cleavers at everything makes him pretty decent. Overall: pretty balanced, but would not pick on a team with no other initiation or low overall damage.

Lenox007

04-02-2014

I've never played him but I've gone up against him often. He only costs 1,350 IP, so that's a big pro right there. He typically goes in the top lane alone when the team has a jungler. Since you're level 7, you might be on teams with no jungler, meaning that you'll probably duo the top lane. I haven't read anything about him being nerfed, but he is banned in draft games a decent amount. But again, you being level 7 probably means that you aren't doing draft mode yet. He's good because he is an off-tank with a ranged attack and sustain (he regenerates health). He's pretty tough to kill. I've never played as him but I've been trying to convince a couple of people that I typically play with to pick him up and learn him. If you owned him I think you'd have a good spot on teams while leveling to 30. He's a fairly popular top lane choice.

Deadly Limes

04-02-2014

Can he carry a team though? In my games I'm the best person on my team (Immense dota 2 experience), so I'm looking for a hero I can make my team better with.

Like, I'm torn between buying mundo or heimer.

BawksUvAydes

04-02-2014

Quote:
Deadly Limes:
Can he carry a team though? In my games I'm the best person on my team (Immense dota 2 experience), so I'm looking for a hero I can make my team better with.

Like, I'm torn between buying mundo or heimer.

Heimer is apparently pretty sleeper OP right now, and people are just starting to realize it. Mundo is much like Singed in that he's made much better by having a decent team. He can dive into a fight and stand on top of the enemy ADC to pretty much neutralize them, but if your team can't follow up your strong tanking then your valiant sacrifice will be wasted. He's probably not the best choice for carrying a team at lower levels, he doesn't really have the ability to just take on the whole enemy team and come out ahead, he's got to be part of a cohesive team.

SpellFlinger

04-02-2014

mundo is great if you are new to the roles that he fills (top or jungle usually, although I have supported with him and it was funny as hell.) You wont carry necessarily unless your lane opponent is terrible, but its hard to mundo fail and throw the game for your team as well.

Beastman3226

04-02-2014

You want a carry, look into marksmans, mages, or assasins. Look at some tier lists. Give us a list. Carries is a bit too broad for me to make suggestions.

Millea

04-02-2014

Quote:
Like, I'm torn between buying mundo or heimer

Mundo has a lot more playmaking potential in a team, while heimerdinger is focused on ensuring the enemy does not engage on your team ever. Heimer is very good at ensuring the enemy never engages on you as if the enemy team makes a bad play, you can win a 1 vs 3 fight with ease due to your turrets. Mundo however is very good at catching someone out and then providing a decent amount of damage while having tons of health. However, his main weakness is his lack of both a stun and a gap closer.

Neither one of them can reliably carry a game. For that, you may want to look into an aggressive assassin who can make plays, like Leblanc or Zed, any adc, such as Vayne or Jinx, or any melee carry, like Tryndamere and Master Yi.

AwesomeChad

04-02-2014

Quote:
Deadly Limes:

I've got some questions.

1. What role/lane is he?

2. Is he being nerfed?

1. Mundo, in the current meta, is typically top lane. He used to be a standard jungle pick in the previous seasons (you can still pick him as a jungler).

2. He was already nerfed in one of the patches this season. He probably will not receive another nerf.

3. Why is he good? He has amazing scaling into late game especially as a tank since his ult has a very low cooldown and can easily heal him back to full health with spirit visage and alot of health being built. His cleavers have amazing scaling into late game because they deal % health dmg based off the enemies' maximum hp meaning that these cleavers do more dmg when the enemy builds more health. As players level up, their champions gain increased base health and some players will build items that give increased health.

Invisibleally

04-04-2014

Quote:
Deadly Limes:

I've got some questions about Dr.Mundo:

1. What role/lane is he?

2. Is he being nerfed?

Role?> I've played Mundo Top, Mid, Support, and Jungle, he seems very versatile.

Being nerfed?> Not being nerfed to my knowledge.

Brah does he even lift?> His W, 'Burning Agony', is able to deal extreme damage in teamfights because it's hitting most of all of your foes, and Mundo's speedboost with his ultimate and the slow he applies with his cleaver means that Agony can be used to easily overtake a fleeing enemy.

If you're good with skillshots, his cleaver is a consistent pain to opponents, whittling down their health and helping to peel enemies who are chasing your allies.

He draws more fire than most of the other tanks in the game because seeing him at low health makes people greedy for a kill and want to naturally finish him off, but his ultimate gives him the best regeneration in the game, maintaining the illusion that Mundo is close to death when in actuality the enemy has to deal a tremendous amount of damage quickly to overcome the health he is gaining.

Don't forget about his E, "Masochism", which gives him a humungous steroid to his physical damage. If your opponent leaves him alone in the lane too long, Mundo can deal staggering damage to the turret with this skill.

Yeah, he's good.