Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Petition to Riot to keep U.R.F.

Keep U.R.F. as a game mode 3955 90.38%
Let U.R.F. disappear after April 1st 421 9.62%
Voters 4376 .

A legitimate petition to keep Ultra Rapid Fire

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ImmortalBones

04-01-2014

Riot, I really enjoy this game mode, as does everyone I've played with so far. Please keep it as an option, whether you have it up like ARAM, or even an option in Custom Games. I'm having way too much fun playing this for it to be gone, it's the best game mode yet.

Edit: Over 2000 votes! Keep it up everyone, enough testimony might make a difference!

Edit 2: To elaborate more on reasons I love this game mode and want to see it kept:
I can play a game in URF mode in around 20 minutes on Summoner's Rift. I can't start a normal game and expect it to end in less than 40 minutes, and I frequently play before work, and sometimes my games just last too long. Also, I can enter a queue without worrying about team comp, or whether or not I feed, or farm properly, or how I build. This game mode is PURELY centered around fun, and isn't that what playing games is about? Yes, League of Legends is a competitive game, but most players play because they have fun. This mode in the game is a much more advanced version of fun in my personal opinion. It guarantees that you will have a crazy, fast paced game, and you will most likely have a ton of fun. I would really love to see this game mode stay as an option to play. I still love Summoner's Rift, and will continue to play normal games, but now and again having the option to play a crazy fast paced whack game mode is what I want. I love this game, and I praise Riot for their work on it, but I would be deeply disappointed to see Ultra Rapid Fire mode disappear into the Riot vaults for eternity.

Edit 3: 30,000 views, 400+ upvotes, almost 700 comments, 3,000 votes, still no Red post. I understand if Riot is waiting for the end of the week, but I (and all of the LoL community who voted yes) want to know whether or not we will ever have this amazing option available again in the future.

Edit 4: Most comments and views without a red post on GD. Over 3,000 "yes" votes now, nearing 900 comments. How long can we be ignored?

Edit 5: Sign this petition as well. The more voice we have, the more possibility of Riot listening to us http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/redirect.php?do=verify&redirect_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.change.org%2Fpetitions%2Friot-games-keep-urf-mode%23share

Edit 6: RIOT IS LISTENING! U.R.F. Has been extended! If we keep trying and telling Riot that an extra week still isn't long enough, we might be able to keep it!

Edit 7: U.R.F. May be gone, but Riot couldn't fully ignore us. Maybe this thread, but they have acknowledged how much we want U.R.F. to stay. Riot, thank you for that at least. And I really hope to see a possible permanent return of ALL featured game modes, because we as a community love them, and we fully enjoy having the option to do something a little out-of-the-box once in a while. I hope this thread stays alive, just for the consistent outcry that these modes need to be kept and expanded upon.

Edit 8: I just read this, and it explains a lot about U.R.F. and other game modes. I do believe Riot may bring this mode back.

Quote:
Brackhar:
The final question we faced has more to do with game modes in general than One For All in specific. After a lot of discussion, we came to the realization that if we wanted to deliver fun, unique game modes with a lot of ongoing player engagement, launching them as permanent fixtures whenever we felt confident enough to ship wasn't the best approach. Having a game mode permanently available has a number of costs, the first of which is increased stability and support costs across the entire game. While adding a single game mode has a known impact, the multiplicative effect of multiple game modes living side by side means we'd soon be bogged down by simply maintaining these game modes, unable to work on the next unique thing. A second consideration is that having a game mode permanently available actually is a big restriction to the type of experiences we can create. If we want the mode to have a healthy player base a year or two years from now, each game mode needs to be designed to remain engaging after thousands of hours of play. Due to the difficulty of that task it means every game mode would take an exceptionally long time to develop, and we wanted to give you guys stuff much faster than that. By intentionally going into this with the expectation that a game mode is temporary, it freed us up drastically, and it really allows us be much more experimental with the game modes we try. After we cycle out a game mode, we'll go back to the workshop to tinker with it based on player feedback and, in the meantime, we'll deploy a few other game modes we've thought up over the past while. This lets us rotate any number of game modes in and out as we refine them, and it gives us the freedom to even take community votes for a "player's choice" month!

Edit 9: I bet if I weren't in Bronze more people would take my post seriously -_-

XxBattleKingxX

04-01-2014

wow came to make this thread and i found one

/singed

CombustablePanda

04-01-2014

Logged in to bump.

ImmortalBones

04-01-2014

I honestly believe that if enough people voted we could get Riot to listen and find a way to incorporate this mode into the game permanently.

ImmortalBones

04-01-2014

I wish votes kept a thread bumped :c

Mendaleev

04-01-2014

bumping this is honestly the most fun i've ever had playing this game

ImmortalBones

04-01-2014

Most people are saying that, so if people are having fun, why take it away from them?

Crabby

04-01-2014

I don't think it should be a full game mode, but I do think it should be kept as a custom option.

prideofscranton

04-01-2014

I know it would take some time RIOT, but please have long term plans to bring this back permanently. So. Much. Fun.

ImmortalBones

04-01-2014

Any availability of this game mode would make me happy tbh.