Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Doing horrible as ADC because of bad support?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheDachshund63

04-01-2014

It's been said a hundred times already, but the more you hear it and the more people that say it it proves the point. The support role has it's own set of responsibilities. BUT your responsibilities as a player, which ever champ, which ever lane never changes.

Perhaps the player is new to that champ or role but you have the responsibility as a player to monitor your own lane. Checking the mini map and using that peripheral vision to keep an eye on the enemy champs is on you. Not your support. If they aren't keeping up with you and you rush forward and get killed for it, it's on you, not your lane partner.

Your only as strong as your weakest link, if the support isn't healing, or keeping up with you, keep up with them, provide your own healing etc. You can't expect everyone to innately know what you want. This is doubly true in a pub match where just because a person is playing support doesn't mean they know how. But if you think that you can just let them play however and you play however and if you get killed a lot its some how their fault, it just isn't. If they can't keep up with you, you have to keep up with them. Ultimately your responsible for your own champ, and your own performance.

The old saying goes that when you point a finger there are three pointing back at you.

Ninja toad 4

04-01-2014

Im just testing my badge don't mind me

SeCKS Egai

04-02-2014

Quote:
AwesomeChad:
As a Diamond V ADC main, I can offer you this advice: Bot lane requires the cooperation of both support and ADC to win lane (assuming you're against equally skilled opponents). It doesn't matter if you're playing ADC or support, you have to adapt to your partner's playstyle to at least survive laning phase. If my support isn't doing certain things that I need them to do especially if I'm against skilled opponents, I have to adapt to their playstyle and play the lane different (playing more passive) just so I can survive through laning phase. The important thing is that you at least get some farm and don't die unnecessarily.

That pretty much sums it up. One thing I had trouble coping with last season as adc was the varying skill of the support, some were really solid, others would lose the game.

This season people seem to have far more appreciation for the support role, or at least working together in general. Last season I had an overly aggressive morg support who wouldn't ward and completely abandon the lane because I wouldn't match the aggression since I knew the gank was coming. I also had a teemo who just sat in invis soaking up experience and doing absolutely nothing leaving me to take constant harass. Most of the time though it was just people who had no real comprehension of the role and were "forced" into it.

As someone said earlier, don't trust the support as relying on them to do exactly what you need when you need it is unlikely to happen.

Venomous Unicorn

04-03-2014

Bad ADCs ruin good supports, bad supports ruin ADCs, then everybody blames the jungler anyway.

Invisibleally

04-03-2014

Quote:
Just So Pro:
...This also seems to happen when I get a tank support liked singed, pantheon or some other cop out. I'll be against an ADC with an actual support and get killed nearly everytime because there's no help what so ever. So my question, Is will a bad/non-support ruin an average ADC?

Play it safe and don't overextend (don't get greedy).
Focus on last-hitting instead of harassing enemy champions.
Check the minimap often and pay attention to pings.
You're not the support's boss, just their coworker. Don't act like a (expletive)faced monkey(expletive)ing (explllllllletiiiiiiive). Dayum.

If you are getting killed a lot, that is a reflection on you more than it is on your support. The nature of your question is, itself, indicative that you are looking for approval that it is alright to blame someone else. This is not okay. Some people might not do a great job as support, but you can take it to the bank when I tell you that players who consistently play support TEND to be helpful and humble in nature.

Supports receive close to zero recognition for their contributions. Someone says, "Nice job!" to the carry when there's a triple kill, but if the support gets anything it's, "lol fkn noob" because they died. The fact is, there wouldn't have been a triple if they hadn't shielded the mage while stunning two other enemies (one of them was channelling) and bodyblocking a skillshot aimed between the marksman's eyes that would have killed him before he got one kill.

When your support gets you killed, you blame the support.
When you get three "fail supports" in a row, you've had a streak of bad luck.
When every support you play with can't please you, hey, maybe *you're* the problem. (expletive) bag.

Guaiz

04-04-2014

As someone who prides himself on his support play (not so much on my horrible adc play) I can safely say its 50/50. A lot of times lanes fail not because someones bad (well...most of the time....99.99% of the time) but because you're synergy is off. I myself am a hyper aggressive player and that carries over to my support play. If I get matched up with a more passive adc things tend to go less than optimal in my opinion but honestly my advice if you find someone who you mesh with friend them, duo with them, and win more games

Escru

04-04-2014

A passive support is already a bad support imo, whereas the ADC has to be actually bad for him to be forced outta lane or killed. A passive support simply lets the enemy dictate what's what. Enemy ADC last hits more, can poke with more impunity since minion wave in their favour when they push up to your turret. Eventually, if enemy support is thresh/leona/annie, they'll probably just dive and kill the ADC while the passive support just stands there trying to meekly throw out some CC. Its easier to use CC in offense rather than defence.