Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Cataclysm: Kalamanda Rising

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brightish

04-06-2014

+1 on you

Valkyrie Lead

04-07-2014

So captcha is really hard to do when drunk. ._. I spent the better part of half and hour trying to log in last night while smashed...

Moving on. lol

I should have chapters 1 and 2 up either tomorrow or Wednesday. I'm finishing up the writing on Chapter two and then I need to get my Beta Reader to check over it, though i suspect its going to need some work. Proofreading to follow that and with my homework schedule allowing, I should be ready either tomorrow night or Wednesday.

Sorry about the delays with these two chapters, guys and gals. I've been having to do research and substantial fact checking and it slows me down.

Thanks for being so patient!

geogio13

04-07-2014

Quote:
ImInItToQuinnIt:
but will there be another sequel?

This man is asking the important questions.

Valkyrie Lead

04-07-2014

Quote:
geogio13:
This man is asking the important questions.

While I'd like to stay up all night and crank out these first two chapters (they're really fun and exciting!), I just finished all my homework after getting home really late and I'm exhausted. I should have the first two chapters ready as of tomorrow though. I don't have much lined up so it should be pretty straight forward unless something substantial comes up.

Expanding on a sequel to C:KR.

The problem I run into as far as plot goes, is that there is very little defined as far as story goes after the end of the Journal of Justice. We've been given a number of events, such as the Freljord Event, but those have very little bearing on our Prince and Dragoness and their life. I would like to get to the end of C:KR just so I can have the freedom to write short stories involving Jarvan and Shyvana in a 'normal' setting, so I'll probably have a string of short stories that follow rather than another full length sequel right away.

If the question is just 'Is there going to be a sequel?' then the answer is most likely yes. I love these characters and I really enjoy writing them, and with C:KR I hope to introduce a number of new characters. I have no idea what the plot would encompass or what would happen for a direct sequel, but I would like to make one.

As I said before, I'm still concentrating on getting through C:KR atm and this story has just begun. Let me see if I can survive C:KR and then I'll start thinking about a sequel. xD

Senstrae

04-07-2014

Quote:
Valkyrie Lead:
So captcha is really hard to do when drunk. ._. I spent the better part of half and hour trying to log in last night while smashed...

Moving on. lol

I should have chapters 1 and 2 up either tomorrow or Wednesday. I'm finishing up the writing on Chapter two and then I need to get my Beta Reader to check over it, though i suspect its going to need some work. Proofreading to follow that and with my homework schedule allowing, I should be ready either tomorrow night or Wednesday.

Sorry about the delays with these two chapters, guys and gals. I've been having to do research and substantial fact checking and it slows me down.

Thanks for being so patient!

You also typed a hilariously misspelled message to me last night talking about how you couldn't correctly type in the captcha. =P

As the Beta, I'd say that I'm sorry for making you guys wait, but not really because it's for the greater good. We've been doing research into various sources of information - Journal of Justice, Judgements, and anything we can find on League Wiki and character bios. As a single example I revealed that the queen of Demacia had already been named Catherine Spiritmight, which would have been costly to find out later if Valk went ahead with a different name.

Occasionally I'll just ramble at him about whatever ideas flare across my mind, and occasionally he just randomly send me a new chapter at me while I'm sleeping or at work. Then either I give him the thumbs up, or tell him to redo specific parts or details - more if necessary, but that's only happened once.

As an example chat, one time we talked about how if Jarvan and Shyvana had a kid, that the child would have a claim on both dragon and royal bloodline. They'd likely also have access to Lightshield and Draconic magics, talk about ruling with power.

Heck it doesn't even have to be entirely related to the Cataclysm story. Not long ago we had debated what exactly Riven's Noxus would look like, which city states would lighten up to Noxus as a result, and how the heck she'd make it happen. Which lead me into wondering if Riven was taught Hiten Style by Irelia - just how unstoppable would she be? Then we tried figuring out If Riven is the hero Noxus needs, does that make Darius the hero Noxus deserves... and we probably confused ourselves in the process somewhere along the way.

You see? Rambling.

Today I reminded Valk of Jarvan's archnemesis: The Boot. I believe I can also take credit for Bart's reappearance and subsequent hasty departure in the epilogue.

Even if I'm not the writer, Valk helps me feel important (I hope I've been useful), and I just wanna say that I <3 you guys.

PS: Valk I'm bored at work today so here's what I've doddling about -

I was thinking it would be cool as the story progresses to see Shyvana obtain a greater control over her transformations. To the point where say if she wants to smash someone really hard, her arm could be partly transformed when she makes a punch, then have it revert back to normal after she sees that they made an indention in the wall or ground. Or perhaps if she really wanted to intimidate someone she could have her horns and fangs grow without going full dragon just to get the point of, "Don't mess with me." across without escalating to combat. Also, for some reason I get the impression humanoid dragons would love wearing their horns as a sort of crown.

Another thing I can imagine is that Shyvana will occasionally need to go stretch her wings after a frustrating day, and she'd just take off flying around the Demacian countryside before returning home after she's calmed down. I bet she'd even do a few barrel rolls...

Valkyrie Lead

04-07-2014

I meant to go to sleep and I ended up reading a novel for the better part of 3 hours. .-.

I think i spend just as much time brainstorming as I do writing. Hell i probably spend more actual time thinking about it rather than getting it down on paper... and then I sit down, 4 hours pass and suddenly I have a chapter from nothing. I'm so unproductive. ;_;

I don't know if i've ever posted this, but it annoys me that Quinn is a champion. Not so much her as a character, but the use of the name 'Quinn'. ...Now what the hell am I going to call their first born son? I want to name him Quinn because he is Jarvan V. QUINT~~QUINN.... get it? Yeah, i'll find a way to make it work. Somehow.

And yes, how badass would a half-dragon... well, quarter, lightshield and lance wielding Champion be? Why can't we have nice things! D:<

WAIT.... Penta is 5.... and he's part dragon... i can call him... PENDRAGON. MWAHAHAHA.

Shyvana's dragon form is heavily controled by emotions. Seeing as she still young, she still has trouble controling these emotions and bending her dragon form to her will. Extreme rage has an adverse effect, but who's to say love isn't an emotion she can take advantage of as well? Now look at me, getting all sappy.

I ****ing love this pairing.

...Also, who's to say that Jarvan and Shyvana just don't up and get away from it all everyonce in a while to have a little alone time? Well... if Jarvan can ever get over his dread of heights, I'm sure that they can get to some pretty remote (not to mention spectacular) places by way of Jarvan riding Shyvana.... hue. huehuehue. AND THAT'S HOW THE LANCE THRUST BECAME KNOWN AS DRAGONSTRIKE.

Now i'm ranting in my sleep deprived state. Damnit.

Oh well.

SLEEPTIME, AWAY!

Brightish

04-08-2014

needs more quinn x shyvana

Bloodynite

04-08-2014

Honestly there should be either an illustration of the feirce duel between jarvan and the all mighty boot or be a freaking sequel to the boot encounter "boots come in pairs/ boot strikes back".

Valkyrie Lead

04-08-2014

Quote:
Bloodynite:
Honestly there should be either an illustration of the feirce duel between jarvan and the all mighty boot or be a freaking sequel to the boot encounter "boots come in pairs/ boot strikes back".

I may be able to do something about that. xD Maybe!

Sorry about not having the chapters available just yet ladies and gents. It went from 2 chapters.... to 3. Should be up by tomorrow night, maybe later tonight!

Get hyped, these chapters are going to be fun!

Valkyrie Lead

04-09-2014

I lied. The first three chapters are now up.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10229996/2/Cataclysm-Kalamanda-Rising

Enjoy!