Champion Sneak Peek: Renekton, the Butcher of the Sands

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Razvin

01-13-2011

u guys come out with a champion like every 3 weeks. its too much for my mind to handle XD. nice champion though. cant wait

AntiheroKing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2011

I found these figurines with some light google-fu, and I think they carry across the more menacing look that a lot of posters are asking for:

https://www.crocodilegames.com/store...D=311&catID=26
https://www.crocodilegames.com/store...D=309&catID=26

A couple of points:
1) Sorry for linking to a storefront. It's probably not a big deal, but it feels somewhat in poor taste. These are simply the best quality images I could find, so please excuse me for that.
2) I'm certainly not saying to make Renekton look exactly like these guys, I am simply saying that this beefier, more monstrous look would be appealing. This is once again in the hopes that Ren is supposed to be more of a carry or tank. I can understand keeping him lithe if it fits his role. Devourer of Souls, or whatever subtitle we're using now, sounds like you ought to be majorly intimidated when this guy comes running at you, and these evoke that feeling more than the current concept art.

Anywho, I hope that's helpful! Not trying to QQ about the design at all, just offering suggestions! Can't wait to see the results, Riot!

Oakash

01-13-2011

i like him he will be fun

Hanimex

01-13-2011

he looks like warwick and nasus combined together

shahab si

01-13-2011

i hope its an assasin

bandoslord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2011

Make more 1350 or 450 characters I'm getting bored of the 3150's and 6300's.

Chichou

01-13-2011

need pirate, but not a little one with big guns, no plz... a big pirate tank, with amazing swords and rhum barrels

theCrackerjak

01-13-2011

For some reason as soon as i looked at the concept art i thought of an angry nasus with down's syndrome 0.0 ( no offense to anyone).

Necrosmokist

01-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichou View Post
need pirate, but not a little one with big guns, no plz... a big pirate tank, with amazing swords and rhum barrels
I just thought of an amazing ability list for this.

Q - Booty Bomb (LOL) - throws a bomb at target location, dealing AoE blahblah damage blah.
W - (no name idfk) Active: [Pirate Tank] soaks himself in Ale, gaining increased armor an magic resistance for a short period of time, and giving his melee attacks a small percentage of bonus magic damage.
- Passive: [Pirate Tank] attacks steal a small percentage of hp and mana, or maybe even move speed? That would be interesting.
E - Trail of Ale: [Pirate Tank] leaks Ale behind him, slowing enemies on a small line. If [Pirate Tank]'s Booty Bomb explodes on Ale, it ignites and does small magic damage-over-time.

Ultimate/R - Pillage: [Pirate Tank] calls out to his allies, giving them increased attack damage and ability power, and increasing his own armor and magic resistance.
[Pirate Tank] also uses his trusty Handcannon, giving him ranged physical attacks. (this would be limited to the AD he builds, and probably shouldn't crit.)

Passive - (Note: I'm giving him a weaker passive because I kind of made his abilities seem a bit OP, but base damage and AD/AP Ratios are really all that matter)

[Pirate Tank] gains small increased move speed near Allies.

This game really does need more tanks, and i've always thought of what making a champ concept would be like. :0 HOPE RIOT LISTENS HRMMHRMHRMHRMM.

Pitayin

01-13-2011

I want to design a champion!!!

http://fav.me/d373x4n