Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Any Known fixes or Launcher Crashing issues?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChocoKitten

01-07-2010

A friend of mine has a top of the line alienware pc and is having his launcher crash everytime he hits play saying the "its encountered a problem and needs to close. please restart" verbage. we ran through alot of the issue fixes that seem similar on these forums and they do not seem to be working. Its just odd that my 5 year old out of date XPS runs this on high perfectly, yet his alienware god pc cant even get to the game.

any insite would be much appreciated.

Thanks

ChocoKitten

01-07-2010

so do people with this launcher issue just need to give up? Ive seen countless posts on it with nearly no resultion through all kinds of fixes.

bumb....thanks for anyone willing to help

xxxLUCIFERxxx

01-07-2010

i turned off my firewall and it worked maybe try that??

ChocoKitten

01-07-2010

Hey thanks for the reply. After sitting down and talking with him it was a corrupted file issue. For anyone troubleshooting this issue if the game gives you the "launcher error message" problem during the lol.game update, a reinstall may solve the problem entirely. As it was said in one of the faq's, corrupted files from downloading issues can potentially cause these kinds of problems. Thanks for the post lucifer....was much appreciated, i had him turn off his firewall too

Choco