Dear Riot... please give us a 3rd camera option

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Penteano

03-30-2014

Super post on reddit showing that people care about the problem and support the idea.

Post on the new GD http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com...camera-request

Sample 1

Sample 2 (some options off)

Graph to compare the mouse move semi locked (lolcamera, on the left) x free cam on the right @ ARAM. Credits: Spl3en
Name:  ss (2013-07-23 at 12.31.43).jpg
Views: 23173
Size:  448.2 KB
And that is only ARAM, imagine SR :O

Why this? Well, there are some reasons: think about the colorblind mode, there are people that need it and some others that just prefer to use it.

This cam has the same goal: some people need it like the ones that surfer of carpal syndrome (I have this if I use unlocked cam, too much cam position fix, but I'm also a noob ), a streamer that born with no arms once told me it'd help her too but I'm not sure how much other players are in the same situation as her. Or some people could just prefer to use it for lack of skills with the unlocked camera (yes, this game has people on all levels of skills, believe it or not) but the locked one is too limited to give them a better view about what is going on around them. RiotForScience said he was working on something about this but no news for quite a long time already. Maybe waiting for pre season patches, don't know.

So my request is for Riot to make a semi locked cam. It basically keeps the focus between the mouse and your champion, it will follow your mouse but without completely losing your champion.
Make that we can control how far the cam will go away of your champion and the speed it goes please. Set an adjustable neutral area around your champion where the cam won't move if you keep the mouse there, in lolcamera it's a square, I think it should be a circle.

So that's it. I know there are always the "l2p unlocked" guys. But just a hint: adding this camera won't remove the free one, won't force you to use it either. And if you consider me to be so bad on this game (what I don't really care about) for playing with locked camera you don't have to worry since I'd never get in your MMR, right?
So please a bit of common sense and consideration for others that would use it for whatever reason, especially for those that would really need it.

Please if you agree and want to upvote I request you to also comment so we can bump it

*Post edited on September 23 to make it better for reading.

Maximum Espurr

03-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penteano View Post
First a friendly request with all respect I hope you guys can do: if you are in the "play with free cam" army and you are going to tell me to play with that I ask you to stay out of here please. I tried a milion times and I can't, I also noticed it makes my wrist hurt
You whinny entitled little bitch

Burgee

03-31-2014

Free cam is really the way to go. It should come pretty naturally to anyone who has played an RTS in their life ever.

I'm surprised that it's so hard for some people - I literally figure out how to unlock the cam on my very first game of league and I didn't think anyone would ever play any other way.

It comes down to this: Riot offers two camera modes, and one is a huge disadvantage to use. Free cam is an easy way to up your skill / performance level, so learn it and love it.

Coolio206

03-31-2014

Why can't I just hold down the middle mouse button and drag to obtain the same effect without having to use added content?

Oh, I guess bronzies can't manage the camera and their champion at the same time. Too hard.

Penteano

03-31-2014

Would be amazing if you guys could read the first paragraph. I know the NA community is a lot better than this.
Thanks for your opinions anyway.

BlueFoxe

03-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penteano View Post
Would be amazing if you guys could read the first paragraph. I know the NA community is a lot better than this.
Thanks for your opinions anyway.
If unlocked cam is making your "wrist hurt", then maybe this game isn't for you.

Gerrikk

03-31-2014

Fully respect your right to play however you enjoy. Just realize that Riot is very unlikely to invest resources into something only a very small % of people would use and most wouldn't even think to care about.

Best of luck to you but I wouldn't hold your breath on this one.

Koldheartedjsp

03-31-2014

l2p unlocked or deal with the disadvantages of locked

it's not hard to pan the camera and paly at the same time

Penteano

03-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerrikk View Post
Fully respect your right to play however you enjoy. Just realize that Riot is very unlikely to invest resources into something only a very small % of people would use and most wouldn't even think to care about.

Best of luck to you but I wouldn't hold your breath on this one.
Considering the amount of free cam players that lock it in teamfights I believe it'd be used by a lot more people than we think. But yeah I don't think Riot will give attention to this. Thank you for being polite, the GD in NA is a lot more toxic if they disagree with something than in any other server I'm kinda shocked. The Dominion community here is amazing tho.

Penteano

03-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgee View Post
It comes down to this: Riot offers two camera modes, and one is a huge disadvantage to use. Free cam is an easy way to up your skill / performance level, so learn it and love it.
I'm just interested in playing for fun tho. Not really focused on skills, it improves with time anyway. Just wanted a more confortable way to play, specially cuz LoL is my first moba game and it is pretty much the only game I play outside simracing. Would like to find motives to give Riot my money.