Video 7 vga mode not support??

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FuzzyNavals

01-04-2010

I can get into the client, start matchmaking but as soon as the game is supposed to go into full screen mode or whatever that is, it just comes up with a black screen saying Video 7 vga mode not support...? What does this mean and how do I fix it?

Thanks in advance.

FuzzyNavals

01-04-2010

The dxdiag that was told to be included in the post, sorry for not attaching it in the original ^^

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

01-04-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I haven't seen this exact error before, but this kind of thing usually occurs when League of Legends tries to open in a resolution not supported by your video card or monitor. First, I would update your video card drivers.

Instructions for updating:
http://kb.leagueoflegends.com/questi...o+Card+Drivers

If updating the drivers doesn't resolve the issue, you may want to set the game to open in a lower resolution. This process requires you to edit the game.cfg file found in the Riot Games/League of Legends/Game/DATA/CFG folder. More detailed instructions on how to do this are in the knowledge base:
http://kb.leagueoflegends.com/questi...ame+Resolution

FuzzyNavals

01-04-2010

Okay, I updated my drivers and set the resolution to my desktops resolution, still getting the same error message though.

Could it have something to do with the refresh rate of the monitor or my video card just being incompatible with the game?

reapermaster

01-04-2010

has it ever worked?

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

01-04-2010

Your card, according to your DxDiag, is set to a resolution of 1360x768. What is your monitor refresh rate and did you some how change the resolution on it manually?

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

01-04-2010

I did a little digging, your error is related to the Refresh Hate(hz), you need to basically match it to your Monitor.

For some reason it appears your refresh rate on the card was changed and no longer matches your display. At least all the information I find directs to that.

FuzzyNavals

01-05-2010

Well no, it hasn't ever worked. By worked I mean, it hasn't ever gotten into the matchmaking game stage where it minimizes then fullscreens.

I did a little research myself yesterday and came up with the same conclusion you did, but when I changed the refresh rate or hz on my monitor, it didn't do anything. 60 (the base of all monitors pretty much) was what it was originally at, and I went up until it just didn't work period, at 85 hz. On no different setting did it work. I'm at a loss and have no idea what to do >.< but I really wanna play D:

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

01-05-2010

What kind of Monitor are you using? Brand and Style.

Also try messing around in your Nvidia Control panel and see if you can change some settings, see if you have another Refresh Rating the card is producing you can match to your Display. Also make sure you have AA turned off or set to Application control.

I also noticed your drivers are back in September, I do believe new drives are out for that now. Update the drivers and see what happens.

FuzzyNavals

01-06-2010

It's a tv that is multi-purposed for a monitor. Norcent 27". LCD I believe.

I went to the Nvidia control panel and the refresh rate and resolution are the same as when I went into my regular control panel. And I'm not sure about "making sure I have AA turned off or set to Application control" How do I check if this is on or off and where is it?

When I posted that dxdiag file I had not updated my drivers, however shortly after I updated them and it had no effect. On second look though, it still says driver date as 9/17/2008 and I'm not to sure why :/ I updated the driver from the nvidia website as well as updating straight from the control panel.

All your help is much appreciated