@Xelnath About the possible changes for Lulu in the future.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerodias

04-03-2014

I'd like to take advantage of this post to comment some stuff about Janna. She has not seen play in a long time, and i know that her win rate and numbers are really high and indicate that she does not need a buff, but i think you should adress some of her mechanics involving her Q, which IMO, seems to be the problem.Just wanted to comment this and ask for it to be looked at, anyway hope you have a good day Statikk, and can't wait to see the compensation changes for support Lulu. Excuse my english, it's not my forte.

Amoustic Coose

04-03-2014

I'm very upset about what they did to Lulu in the new patch. The Nerfed her HARD...I understand a slight damage reduction, but almost a whole 100 points for Glitter at fully upgraded? Come on...

The mana that it takes to cast the spell will easily wipe it out in a few casts anyway.

I love playing as Lulu, but I feel like this is severely going to damage her.

Coldmanj

04-03-2014

wouldnt removing lulus ability to shield minions fix a lot of the problems?

Jace77

04-03-2014

Speaking of nerfs... did alistar get his passive nerfed forever ago? cause... its kinda really terrible. or at least the damage portion is.

duck07747

04-03-2014

out of curiosity could increasing mana costs/cooldowns alleviate this issue? ive fought many lulus, and i know how annoying they are. but the most annoying thing is that EVERY time i try to approach her she does her combo and i walk out butt hurt. so perhaps instead of hitting her utility perhaps hit her ability to spam.

Shaella

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
When a champion's job in the game is to make sure other champions don't get a chance to participate in the game, there's a problem.

Isn't that the purpose of assassins?

Just the actual purpose of assassins?

balbraaksel

04-03-2014

Sadly this is a huge utility nerf for her.
She already had problems as support since she still has huge mana costs and now she cannot use Glitterlance twice from a pixied target anymore either.
Pix also grants vision on stealthed champions or those that got into the fog of war, that utility is also reduced by 33%.
Support Lulu already had a win rate of less than 50% so this likely really pushed her below viability for support.
I also spectated Lulu support matches in high ranked before this patch and she was always having a hard time early, Lulu support rarely ended up dominating on bottom lane.

Whyu

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiberiusAudley View Post
If the problem is its interactivity, wouldn't it make more sense, rather than nerfing the damage and utility values of her E to simply nerf the range (and possibly give a small compensatory buff to the range of Q instead)?

Reducing her E's range would require her to get up closer to activate (sometimes even potentially burning her W if she wants to use it directly on an enemy champion) thereby increasing windows for enemy champions to retaliate.

Along with that change you could potentially make the missile speed of Glitterlance decrease as it travels -- encouraging her to try to hit an E+Q combo rather than snipe with a max range Q).

These two changes wouldn't affect her power level specifically while increasing the interactivity in dealing with her in lane.
Nerfing her E range would cripple her as a support. It's only 650 range now. reducing it would make it hard to shield allies in combat and thus reduce her effectiveness as a support in combat.

kdHuCoB8S3

04-03-2014

le epic facade xd

3mptylord

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
That's a pretty good point. Our main thought process around nerfing E damage was that it was the most un-interactive part of her kit (click a dude, deal damage to dude) and that ultimately we would like to move power from there to other parts of her kit that have more interesting gameplay.

We also largely believed that nerfing her Q base damage would cripple her viability as a Support, but we may be wrong on that?
Have you tried giving her E and air-time? Maybe a cutesy little animation where Pix charges at the target. Giving shielders, healers and defense-steroiders an opportunity to react goes a long way. I could never help but feels that you put E's airtime on W by mistake. ^_^