@Xelnath About the possible changes for Lulu in the future.

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shylien

Senior Member

03-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzSkillshot View Post
She is very overpowered. She has waveclear,cc, counters every assassin, brings in ori like utility with an undodgable ult( ori ult has long windup to escape from) on top of huge lane bully with huge aa damage.You can't dodge her damage like you can vs other mid laners. She pushes you in then eqs over and over. Stopping u from csing and harassing back. Her w is also overpowering as an engage or disengage tool.
"I play nothing but assassins mid and pick them into a champion that's good at countering all in burst damage"

Play Ziggs, Velkoz or Xerath and completely ruin Lulu's day because she can't harass you at range without hitting near max range Glitterlances.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SaintCrazy

Senior Member

03-31-2014

Bumping because I <3 Lulu. I could sorta say I main her, but I suck as Lulu mid, she's honestly not that easy, especially against champs with better range and easier harass. I have a really hard time figuring out why she would deserve nerfs. Just because pros are playing her mid? Good, she's a high-utility mage with REAL trade-offs. She's not a must-ban. Meanwhile there are a handful of other champs dominating picks and bans right now.

Oh, and I would play support Lulu more, but that gets difficult too because she's not Thresh or Leona. Lulu can handle herself against hard-engage supports but she's nowhere near as powerful as those two, just as examples. The support meta is just bonkers right now and these nerfs won't help.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mystic Blue Fox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shylien View Post
"I play nothing but assassins mid and pick them into a champion that's good at countering all in burst damage"

Play Ziggs, Velkoz or Xerath and completely ruin Lulu's day because she can't harass you at range without hitting near max range Glitterlances.
Lulu is very effective against champions that must commit to a full engagement when fighting. The description you give for facing her is correct, longer ranges and constant harassment instead of burst are more effective against her.

With her higher mana costs and no form of sustain she can be defeated through those means.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pixie Poro

Senior Member

03-31-2014

I disagree with this thread. Lulu was way overpowered all the Lulu mains here will defend her.. I would've but lets be honest her AP ratios and attacks are over the top.


Honestly if they truly want to nerf her. Her glitterlance was what should have been nerfed. Her pix is used as a good support and quite helpful to our ADCs.

I don't agree with the nerfs to pix as that affected her support rather than her mid status.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rijda

Senior Member

03-31-2014

For about the past month I've played pretty much nothing but mid Lulu in ranked. Prior to that I main'd support Lulu, but I would also play her in oddball roles in normals (jungle, ADC, etc)

Every lane with Lulu regardless of opponent is the same. For the first little while:

- Is it a melee?
- Harass with Glitterlance when he goes to farm. Success, you zone him from level 1 on.

- Is it a caster?
- Try to trade Q's before they get their full kit.

In either case, back off as appropriate by champion or impending jungle threat.

After blue or 880g, everything changes. If Lulu is dominating lane, her playstyle remains the same - clip with a Q, go in to E Q when you safely can, etc - but if she isn't, it doesn't matter who her opponent is, the strategy is the same - E a minion, while it's walking up to lane if you have to, and Q. Do this to farm, to harass; it's hard to predict because Lulu can EQ in a half second.

And she loses against no one doing this.

QEQ is a minor issue but it's clearly intended to lower her damage. She will still be able to do this with this change.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mystic Blue Fox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Poro View Post
I disagree with this thread. Lulu was way overpowered all the Lulu mains here will defend her.. I would've but lets be honest her AP ratios and attacks are over the top.


Honestly if they truly want to nerf her. Her glitterlance was what should have been nerfed. Her pix is used as a good support and quite helpful to our ADCs.

I don't agree with the nerfs to pix as that affected her support rather than her mid status.
Her ratios have been reduced already Summoner, we would be approaching the realm of what happened to Alistar in the past if we continued this method. With the utility scaling they have given her, reducing the ratios would simply hurt her overall. It is part of Riot's push to shift power for traditional support champions more into the later parts of the game.

Glitterlance is a skill shot with significant mana cost that punishes the user for careless use or mistake.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shylien

Senior Member

04-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Poro View Post
I disagree with this thread. Lulu was way overpowered all the Lulu mains here will defend her.. I would've but lets be honest her AP ratios and attacks are over the top.


Honestly if they truly want to nerf her. Her glitterlance was what should have been nerfed. Her pix is used as a good support and quite helpful to our ADCs.

I don't agree with the nerfs to pix as that affected her support rather than her mid status.
People keep citing her RATIOS.

0.5 on Glitterlance.
0.4 on Pix.
0.15 every AA except a good portion of that damage can be minion blocked.

Most ultimates outdamage her entire rotation.

She's been compared to Orianna but Orianna does a LOT of stuff better than Lulu (lower mana costs, better AA steroid that, AOE slow instead of a line slow, considerably more burst, better shield that does AOE damage, a similar knockup that trades utility for damage) - Lulu's arguably simpler to play mechanically (but still requires good decision making) but she's just flat out weaker.

The issue with Lulu if anything is that W and R are, utility wise, too strong with AP. And even then, when Zed, Kha and Talon are allowed to be in their current state, why can't Lulu be a strong counterpick to them, especially when she's not very good against long range mages which the AD assassins happen to counter? (oh right because GD has always had a hard on for overtuned lanebullywithhypercarrylevelscaling assassins) And I'm pretty sure LeBlanc crushes her, LeBlanc silences and bursts her down before Lulu can Polymorph her but I haven't played the matchup myself because she's generally banned


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EzSkillshot

Senior Member

04-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shylien View Post
"I play nothing but assassins mid and pick them into a champion that's good at countering all in burst damage"

Play Ziggs, Velkoz or Xerath and completely ruin Lulu's day because she can't harass you at range without hitting near max range Glitterlances.
Is that an early April fools?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ezrello

Senior Member

04-01-2014

Lulu's speed boost(W?) ratios need to be nerfed is my opinion on Lulu.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rijda

Senior Member

04-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzSkillshot View Post
Is that an early April fools?
- Implying it's difficult to hit a Ziggs or Xerath that isn't using their Q to farm.

- Implying it's difficult to hit a Ziggs or Xerath that IS.

+1'd


1234567 ... 12