@Xelnath About the possible changes for Lulu in the future.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Venheart

04-03-2014

I really don't think Lulu needs nerfs...

The argument seems to be that Lulu can safely harass from the extended distance of her Glitterlance when applying Help! Pix! correct?
It's a great tactic, but keep in mind you're shelling out the mana cost of 2 spells for the safe poking of 1 attack. Early game you can only do this so much before you're mana pool's running dry.

On top of that, Glitterlance is certainly not the hardest skillshot to dodge... It's fairly slow moving compared to many others. If mid Lulu's giving you that much of a hassle on the E, Q combo alone than I highly recommend practicing dodging because it really shouldn't be that difficult to dodge at least some of those.

Mystic Blue Fox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
For not being me, you do a damn fine job anyways, Statikk.

I want to echo his sentiments - these kinds of well-constructed and well-reasoned posts are super helpful.
Statikk does very well, but we would never wish to replace you of course Xelnath.

I and others here are very glad to be of aid to the balance team and appreciate that attention has been placed here on the forums. Thank you for you presence and compliment.

Martyrofsand

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTitanic View Post
xelnath, why do you guys think traditional supports like Janna, Sona, Lulu, Soraka are only cancerous in the mid lane?

Gold only amplifies how toxic a champion/role is, it doesn't create it.

The fact is when traditional supports exist, passivity increases. Non-interaction increases. Trading is disincentivized.

Also these toxic champions basically create an environment that invalidates melee champions. Janna basically invalidates any melee champion unless they have like 5 gap closers. Lulu kites you indefinitely. Sona to a lesser degree. Soraka with her infinite sustain when strong.

How are any of these good designs? Janna basically hard counters 1) melee 2) aoe

So your view of toxic is "any champ that counters what I am trying to do" gotcha.

This is a perfect example of people who don't understand what "toxic" actually means.

MisterTitanic

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyrofsand View Post
So your view of toxic is "any champ that counters what I am trying to do" gotcha.

This is a perfect example of people who don't understand what "toxic" actually means.
lol. how pathetic. can you even read?

"counters what i am trying to do"

oh you mean play the 50% of league champions that are melee ranged?

Martyrofsand

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTitanic View Post
lol. how pathetic. can you even read?

"counters what i am trying to do"

oh you mean play the 50% of league champions that are melee ranged?

Now lets flip that and remove these supposedly "toxic" supports who peel and work to stop melee from getting after squishes.

So they are gone and now melee get to have a field day. Kha/Lee/Shyvana/Renek/etc etc just get to dive uninhibited and instantly gibb the ADC, and APCs who are squishy and have limited ability to kite for themselves. So now we have melee completely pushing two roles out of the game simply because they can't fight them. That is the definition of toxic, supports on the other hand don't negate melee, they provide possible answers for them, and give your mid/adc a chance to actually do their job. Supports enable other roles, where as removing them would enable melee to completely negate 2 roles.

You seriously need to understand what toxic means, you have no clue.

Captain Justice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
For not being me, you do a damn fine job anyways, Statikk.

I want to echo his sentiments - these kinds of well-constructed and well-reasoned posts are super helpful.
Players would appreciate it if Riot didn't consistently destroy unique tactics and combat interactions for champions.

You would think with as much time as Riot puts into their Esports scene they would encourage strategical experiences.

And this is coming from somebody who loathes Lulu.

GnomeDigest

04-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
The problem isn't that Lulu doesn't die in the lane, it's that she consistently harasses out her opponents and forces them to back or risk dying while maintaining her relatively high safety.
Unless the champion is Renekton. Then not only is it not a problem, we dub him the "Renekton Bar" and measure all other top laners by him.

But Lulu? Its a support lol. Get back in your lane ***** and if you are lucky we might toss you a minor buff or two in a few months. Now if she had actually been a mid laner then some compensatory buffs would have been warranted, but a support? Please, thats just wasting your time that could be spent on other roles.

Kywi

04-14-2014

Quote:
When a champion's job in the game is to make sure other champions don't get a chance to participate in the game, there's a problem.
Nerf Fizz' ability to survive in the middle of chaos, right now.

This patch.

R3volver

04-15-2014

leave lulu alone, we don't need another gragas, kass or rengar. she's fine, she brings more vareity.

R3volver

04-15-2014

Quote:
When we say overly "reliable," we really just mean we think the champion is too good against too many things. Mid lane Lulu wins the majority of her lane matchups and outright crushes many of them.

That is a lot different than being reliable as a protector or source of CC for her teammates, we're fine with that. We just don't like her being able to have such a huge advantage in lane against almost any champion.

I guess our take is that mid lane Lulu should be taken as a way to give a ton of Movement Speed to an ally and a way to protect a high priority target on her team (or synergize with an initiator for a wombo combo).

The problem isn't that Lulu doesn't die in the lane, it's that she consistently harasses out her opponents and forces them to back or risk dying while maintaining her relatively high safety.
but theres already strategies used over and over again used to counter act lulu. there are other champs (which are used as supports too like morgana) which can be counter play towards lulu, theres also champions like soraka that can do "almost" the same as lulu in the mid lane.you guys are literally looking at this one-dimensionally. look outside the box on how people handle lulu because there are soo many ways you can punish her and the more i see riot nerf supports after they get moved from their "signature" role it makes people/players think that if a support moves out of that role it needs to be nerfed.