Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Xelnath About the possible changes for Lulu in the future.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mystic Blue Fox

03-26-2014

Hello, I wish to express my own thoughts of the current methods and ideas being employed by the Public Beta Environment for Lulu. I am sorry if there is anything that you feel offensive or without clarity. I will try to clear any unclear points I have made here if you wish.

I will also apologize for the length of this post, I have tried to condense this as much as I can while still giving my full thoughts.

I have been playing Lulu very much since her release and have enjoyed doing so amongst other support champions. With these possible changes in the future it is worrisome to myself due to how much it will affect her lane phase as a support. With the popularity of her being seen within the middle lane it has caused an influx of use for her and mostly within the middle lane.

The power she currently has is mostly the same as it was before Season four, but giving her scaling to help her compete with the reductions that were made around to all support champions was not much reasoning to this. Many of those who feel Lulu is too powerful to be played within the middle lane often use the aspect of her form of harassment in the lane being without counter play. However, her form of harassment that many express takes more than just one spell to execute like other mages.

The scenario often used is her using Help Pix! and Glitterlance together on melee and cannon minions to deal damage to their opponent safely out of reach for trade. What is often not mentioned is the full requirements to even meet this aspect.

It requires as follows:
-A melee minion of some kind, unless the opponent is also melee
-Casting of two spells to produce a single form of harassment
-Potential zoning of her own experience and creep kills
-Accuracy of the the Summoner's use of Glitterlance
-The skill level of the opponent's ability to avoid Glitterlance

Lulu is no more difficult to handle than other champions who offer the same experiences. Ziggs, Xerath, Nidalee, Viktor, and Lux are all examples of mages with long ranged abilities with far less input than what it would take for Lulu to replicate the same as them.

Quote:
Xelnath:
Let's not pretend like support Lulu didn't also do a lot of damage. That said, I don't know the details here. Is there a thread about lulu on the PBE discussion site yet?

While I had been seeing another's post upon here I witnessed your input here and was disappointed to see that was how you felt. The most blatant of aspects for Lulu during the lane phase as support over time were made more apparent through reductions in the past. Very easily you can lose your mana within a few spells, even when being accurate. Her passive is a form of harassment that requires her to auto attack to even employ. For ranged champions this is a common practice to use auto attacks to deal damage while supporting. I feel almost as if your statement was of exaggeration, but I am uncertain.

The current Public Beta Environment changes for Lulu seem to be a reminder of the past. It is both saddening and a little frustrating for myself to know that Lulu may face the same judgement and reduction for the same reason as Janna once did in the past. A support champion playing within a role outside of support is treated harshly through balancing while many other champions of different roles are not nearly as punished. Somewhat recently there has been conflicting issues with this as mages intended for the middle lane are caught in the cross fire, Zyra, Annie, and Fiddlesticks are champions who have suffered.

Alternative choices for supports happened in the past because support champions were being hindered greatly one by one. When those mages stepped in they were overbearing as an result, and instead of allowing traditional support champions to be increased, mages were simply reduced instead. I feel that on a different note that design philosophy is not the best. I wish to thank you if you read this Xelnath and I very much hope that you will consider these thoughts here and what others feel too.

If anyone else would like to express here about Lulu I would be happy. Thank you for reading this Xelnath and anyone else who found interest.

EDIT: I wish to thank Statikk for giving us response to this and taking time to do so. I believe the changes I find myself still not agreeing with as this does affect Lulu as a support champion too.

Statikk has stated they will be watchful to see if compensation is needed for Lulu, but it does make myself curious as to why this watching was done for her and not the recent change to Annie.

universe within

03-26-2014

I don't think Lulu needs nerfs.

Jean Never Wins

03-26-2014

bumping for MBF

Krizonar

03-26-2014

If Lulu must be nerfed, I implore you to at least think hard of ways to do it that won't impact her primary role, Support.

You thought long and hard for Annie on how to change her from being too dominant in a side role and actually ended up buffing her primary role, Mid. I think it only fair to ask for Lulu to be given the same depth of thought!

lulu_by_cherry_pecan-d5ruwvw.jpg

QuinnTessential

Recruiter

03-26-2014

Bump + Upvote because, let's be real. It's MBF.

Mystic Blue Fox

03-27-2014

Good day, I wish to allow this to resurface in the hopes that others may give their own thoughts upon this.

Thank you again for any input given.

DarkLadyRem

03-27-2014

bump

Lystrates

03-27-2014

Lulu needs a new passive because too many people play her in Mid, and she need to be buffed like crazy as Support in order to be viable, because right now she is not. She falls really hard in late game.

SeikyuHaste

03-27-2014

This was beautiful...very. Save Lulu support!

Mystic Blue Fox

03-27-2014

Quote:
Lystrates:
Lulu needs a new passive because too many people play her in Mid, and she need to be buffed like crazy as Support in order to be viable, because right now she is not. She falls really hard in late game.

This is a possible solution, but could be very tricky to accomplish without falling into the same scenario or allowing her to be too overbearing. Her spells are setup in a way that reward proper play and punish for poor decisions such as mana costs and being vulnerable if using the wrong choice out of the dual methods of her Whimsy and Help Pix! spells.

I believe she would be quite well adjusted if her scaling utility ratios were changed or reverted to her state before the start of Season four. It is my thought that this would be helpful for the other traditional support champions as well.

With the current stance Riot has taken they have moved the strengths of champions that were originally designed to be effective at the beginning of matches and with less items, but at the same time not be too powerful in the end. This power shift is what has led to the increased amounts of standard utility mages taking the role for themselves.