Team Builder is live!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JCastle

05-12-2014

Yes ! Thank you. Team builder rocks !

DrFlip7

05-12-2014

I think team builder is an amazing improvement to the game... i feel like champ select was the weakest point of the game. And it still is bc the existence of normal blind pick destroys team builder (it makes the Q timers so long bc people are still using that Q. If someone wants to practice for ranked they can always use normal draft pick... I see no point for normal blind pick now that team builder is out... they are essentially the same thing... just the team builder idea is WAY better. I really feel that normal blind pick mode should be removed

GamerGuy09

05-13-2014

Weren't we supposed to get the "Demanded Roles" thing this patch? What happened to that?

Proximus D

05-13-2014

Lyte replied to the current Teambuilder INVALID_CONTEXT bug:

Quote:
This isn't technically a bug with Team Builder. Right now, specifically when servers have connectivity issues, you may experience Invalid_Context or be unable to find a game because you've "timed out."

We're trying to update the Team Builder client to better reflect when you've timed out, much like the "Reconnecting to Chat Servers" status.
Unfortunately, that's mostly a "we're aware of this" thing. To fix this, apparently you have to wait at least one hour. Restarting the client or waiting 20 minutes (Tried an ARAM in the meantime) seems not to fix it.

Also, regarding the "roles in high demand right now" thing:

Quote:
Oh, it's still in the patch. We typically turn on features a few days after the patch has gone out to ensure stability. You'll probably see the feature sometime next week.

OtakuFlavor

05-13-2014

I'm just curious as to why a win in Team Builder doesn't count towards your normal wins. After all, it is under the PvP modes correct?

Nicodemous

05-14-2014

I left the game for about 4 months because of some BS on riot's part... now I comeback and I can either choose to wait 5 min minimum to play, or play bots... Thanks riot, your team build has screwed up all the other modes as well by splitting up the player base.

How did Riot go from being a top notch company, to a bunch of morons so fast?

begme4sawdummy

05-14-2014

Since the "In Demand Roles" feature has been turned on, Team Builder seems to be working 100% better.

Seeing that Bot / Marksman was in demand I chose that role and found a group in less than 30 seconds. (Side note though, the estimated time it gave me was "Very Long".)

I've played a few games using Team Builder today and they've all been good. Short times to find a group and short matchmaking times.

Good work on this Lyte and Riot. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFlip7 View Post
I think team builder is an amazing improvement to the game... i feel like champ select was the weakest point of the game. And it still is bc the existence of normal blind pick destroys team builder (it makes the Q timers so long bc people are still using that Q. If someone wants to practice for ranked they can always use normal draft pick... I see no point for normal blind pick now that team builder is out... they are essentially the same thing... just the team builder idea is WAY better. I really feel that normal blind pick mode should be removed
I'm inclined to agree, can we have an experiment where the Normal Blind Pick queue isn't available for a week or two?

MalVax321

05-14-2014

I still don't know, some people are telling me that team builder is giving them wins on their record, but nothing is showing up for me. I'm either being lied to, or there's something seriously wrong with the system...I honestly think it should count toward a win (Normal game) it's still PVP, you're just not having to fight over which position you want to play.

Sweeeeet One

05-15-2014

I love team builder, I think there is a glitch though. When I queue up to play adc at the moment it says that my wait time will be "very long" but I was in a fully built team within seconds. I don't know if this is the right forum to air this but thought I should mention it.

I do love the team builder queue though, it's amazing to be playing with players who want to play the roles they are playing!!

LordKeo

05-15-2014

Riot any time I try to team build it takes like 10 minutes to get to a game and yes that is a complaint. And im not saying there's any way to make it faster. But I don't think forcing noobies to team build is a good idea. I mean vs's approx 2 that the normal's take to get a full game ready to go its tough to wait the 10 to 15 minutes for teambuilders. I can only imagine if anyone who actually was new to the game was trying to play and was forced to team build they may get bored of waiting so long and quit before getting addicted like the rest of us! and then where will your growth in players come from!!!! sincerely someone a concerned citizen/ someone who admittedly doesn't feel like waiting 10 to 15 minutes to level up a second account!