Tier 1 champs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deth Defier

01-09-2011

Hello,
I have been checking out ElementZ tier list and I was surprised with the champs in tier 1. (Anivia, Sivir, Ashe, Corki, Annie, Warwick, Shen, Janna, Taric, Kennen, Rammus) I was wondering if everyone else had the same views and if not could please tell me why those champs are the best.

Also could you please recommend a champ for me that is a ranged dps :]

DXMattXD

01-09-2011

Ignore Elementz tier list, it's not the bible of LoL, just play who you like, any champion can be viable if played well enough.

Dr Finn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-09-2011

Corki is a FUUUUUUNNN ranged dps..

Sivirs pretty fun

Ashe is simple and good

fuffykins

01-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deth Defier View Post
Hello,
I have been checking out ElementZ tier list and I was surprised with the champs in tier 1. (Anivia, Sivir, Ashe, Corki, Annie, Warwick, Shen, Janna, Taric, Kennen, Rammus) I was wondering if everyone else had the same views and if not could please tell me why those champs are the best.

Also could you please recommend a champ for me that is a ranged dps :]

mistermoo

01-09-2011

Game doesn't start until you hit level 30 and have a full rune page for your character of choice. Don't worry about what characters are the strongest, just learn the limits of every character so that you know what each one can do. Knowing is half the battle.

Grunghole

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2011

It's not that those champs are "the best," in terms of individual champion strength.

They're the best in that they provide utility that no other champion can bring. For example, Anivia has the best burst damage in the game and awesome crowd control. Shen and Rammus both have strong taunts and global map control (between Stand United and Powerball, respectively.) Warwick is the safest jungler, Taric has a strong stun, strong heal, and strong tower pushing ultimate, Janna makes everybody better, Sivir melts towers and has insane farm, etc.

Each of those champs has one thing they do extremely well that every team is improved by having. That's what makes them "the best."

FuriousLeftNut

01-09-2011

Those were be your top choices if you were to play LoL in a very high competitive level (his opinion still, of course).

So, don't worry about it. Just play who you want.

Norwazy

Recruiter

01-09-2011

For recommendation, Corki and Sivir.

Reason they are the best:

Anivia: Insanely high burst damage, passive guardian angel
Sivir: Pushes lanes like a beast and if protected huge dps on entire enemy team
Ashe: Ultimate stun, very good late game carry that can take out anyone if protected
Corki: Highest dps in game thanks to Gatling Gun - again, only if protected. Also, phosphorous bomb reveals area is a +, and ultimate poking.
Annie: Ability to stun large radius, hard to lane against
Warwick: Suppressing ultimate, very fast jungle time, great at ganking if in jungle
Shen: Global get out of jail free ult, taunt
Janna: Epic support char, won't die if played correctly, CC ult + healing reseting team fights in your favor
Taric: Epic heals, good scaling
Kennen: AOE stun via passive, large damage amounts
Rammus: good jungler, Taunt.

Kilt

01-09-2011

Also, you might want to realize that Elementz' tier list is only really applicable to +1800 elo players.

redlightman

01-09-2011

Those champions aren't the best. There isn't a best champion in this game. That list is based off of who Elementz works best in a 5v5 premade team, not which champions he thinks are the best.