Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

High-end Graphics Card FPS Issues

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Djinn

03-27-2014

Quote:
Gidor:
...and Riot support still insists its my computer rather their engineers who are obviously second rate and clueless. Riot is clearly incompetent.

Dude, chill.

Programming games is hard. Programming games to work well and without bugs across a multitude of graphics processors, operating systems, and so on is harder. Getting a massive multiplayer game functioning bug-free for every player is insanely difficult, and, as a programmer myself, I'm positive that League has enough lines of code that tracking down and exterminating a single bug that affects a tiny fraction of the player base is no easy matter.

So, unless you're a code guru who knows the solution to the problem, how about sitting back, relaxing a bit, and helping them fix the problem? Vitriol accomplishes nothing.

Gidor

03-27-2014

Quote:
The Djinn:
Dude, chill.

Programming games is hard. Programming games to work well and without bugs across a multitude of graphics processors, operating systems, and so on is harder. Getting a massive multiplayer game functioning bug-free for every player is insanely difficult, and, as a programmer myself, I'm positive that League has enough lines of code that tracking down and exterminating a single bug that affects a tiny fraction of the player base is no easy matter.

So, unless you're a code guru who knows the solution to the problem, how about sitting back, relaxing a bit, and helping them fix the problem? Vitriol accomplishes nothing.

Sorry but taking a month to fix an issue that renders the game literally unplayable for potentially thousands of people is inexcusable.

There is no 'chill'. Get off Riot's balls

Excellion V

03-27-2014

Playing rengar makes my fps drop

DxDiag.txt

SirBl0d

03-27-2014

I am having the same problem now because i repaired my client and it re-patched it so my fps is always 15-20 now and never goes above.

CPU: Intel Core i5-3337U
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4000

DxDiag.txt

0nokiller

03-27-2014

fps dropped from 60-80 to 10-30 after recent patches.

DxDiag.txt

First Game Nid

03-28-2014

CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz

Glad I haven't been the only one with this problem, got a radeon 7800 HD series video card on my windows 7 os and have been getting an average of 39-40 fps now these last couple of weeks, and when I get into fights I get down to 10 fps, very frustrating until I turn down my graphics to very low...

dxdiag.txt

Tairy Greene

03-28-2014

CPU: Intel i7 3720
GPU: Nvidia 680m

DxDiag.txt

Kriszilluh

03-28-2014

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3740QM CPU @ 2.70GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 650M

I'm glad to see this isn't on my end. I've been driving myself crazy trying to figure out why my fps is so horrible. I went from it always working flawlessly to being lucky if I can maintain 30fps in a game. And once there's more than 4 champions on my screen? If I have 20 it's a good fight. I usually can't get over 15. I hope this issue is resolved soon. I'd like to play a game and not hate my life doing so.

DxDiag.txt

dilutedsoul

03-28-2014

I have had major fps laag since around patch 4.2. I will sit at around 35-40 for about 15 minutes and then all of a sudden bame 10fps out of combat 4 fps in combat and it makes it impossible to hit any abilities or even move properly.

DxDiag.zip

The Djinn

03-28-2014

Just wanted to say thanks! Whatever patch went out today seems to have resolved my issue, at least.

EDIT: A little preemptive. It IMPROVED my situation, but did not resolve it entirely. I still see a drop of over 40 FPS towards mid-game.