Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

High-end Graphics Card FPS Issues

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MidwestMayhem

03-26-2014

Here is my second PC that is having the same issue with a completely different setup. I began having problems with this one on Monday. Both PC's are both fresh from a complete reboot of the OS.

CPU: Intel pentium B950
GPU: Intel HD graphics

Also, my problems started right after Windows updated

DxDiag.txt

HevIe

03-26-2014

CPU: FX-8350
GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti

DxDiag.txt

AeonSaber

03-26-2014

Quote:
Sir Bloop:
and also it doesnt matter if i drop the graphics to very low or very high the fps remains the same

League is CPU intensive not GPU intensive. if i had two computers, both with i7 4770k's but one had a low end card, lets say a 750ti, and the other one had the Titan Black, their fps would be identical in league. It's just how it is coded.

Pikakip

03-27-2014

CPU: AMD FX 6100 six core processor

GPU: AMD HD 7850

DxDiag.txt

Aubraxis

03-27-2014

Went from all high to medium and still experiencing huge fps spikes in games

CPU: AMD 410-4600
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7660G + 7670M 2gb

DxDiag.txt

Kraor74

03-27-2014

CPU: Intel i5 4200 1.6-2.3Ghz
GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family

Not exactly a high-end graphics card, but the problem has shown up and not gone away. Used to run perfectly fine

DxDiag.txt

Coolestgoose

03-27-2014

My FPS drops randomly. It starts with 60 fps, goes to 40-50 fps during fights/jungle minions/lane AND THEN after about 10 minutes (sometimes less,sometimes more), either with a kill or going back to base, my fps will drop to 5~ for about six minutes. Sometimes I can't even open task manager during these times, my computer isn't lagging, it's just the game. I'm aware that my graphics card is nowhere near the best, but I know you should be able to run this game on a toaster.

CPU : Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.4GHz (4 CPUs)
GPU : Nvidia GeForce 9500GS

DxDiag.txt

Squeaker LoL

03-27-2014

Is this going to be fixed? I can understand having problems with your servers, but when someone spends money on a good comp to play your game and their performance is hindered by a bug...thats inexcusable.

The Djinn

03-27-2014

My rig used to be able to play League on max settings at 70+ FPS. Currently it starts just fine, but within a few minutes it drops to a barely playable 4-8 FPS. When I drop the resolution to 1600x900 and all the settings to the minimum the game is playable, but I still only get 18-25 FPS in fights, and there are still skipped frames in abundance.

CPU: Intel Core i7-2720QM @2.20GHz (8 CPUs)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 560GTx

DxDiag.txt

Gidor

03-27-2014

Quote:
Squeaker LoL:
Is this going to be fixed? I can understand having problems with your servers, but when someone spends money on a good comp to play your game and their performance is hindered by a bug...thats inexcusable.

This problem is clearly also more widespread that Riot wants to admit. I only have a HD 5700 and still experience these FPS problems.

The sad part is that even if i put my settings on the absolute lowest i still get lag, when i previously got a consistent 60 FPS on high settings.

I can even play DOTA2 on high settings with a constant 60 FPS and no problems despite it being a graphically superior game.

Ive reinstalled the game, repaired it multiple times, have the newest drivers, newest DirectX a

DxDiag.txt