Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Katarina

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YakkoWackkoAndDo

03-26-2014

Don't worry about people whining about kill stealing. As long as you are doing your job and helping your team, any kills you get are completely fair, and your teammates should be trying to give them to you if you're a carry like Katarina. As for items, I think that DFG is a really good item on her. Your 1v1 potential is really good with it. For starters, I'd go for a little more defense, like a Doran's Shield. I like the DFG route because you also can snag an early Fiendish Codex. It gives you some nice AP and ,more importantly, cooldown reduction. This really helps you in lane.

As for how to counter Katarina, you need to CC her before she melts your AD and AP carry. Remember, any form of displacement, stun, or knockup interrupts her ult, which she needs to fully channel to kill your team. She's also a glass cannon, so it's really easy to burst her down if you can get to her. She's harder to counter in solo q because people don't communicate very well. If you really want to counter Katarina, you need to designate someone to be the ult stopper. Their job in a team fight is to save their CC to stop her ult. If she gets off a full channel, your team is pretty much done.

Onan the man99

03-27-2014

Watch the very end. Just dont do this .... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-zfmhe0plA (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-zfmhe0plA)

if they have the kill let them take it.

IamTitan21

03-27-2014

It's katarina's job to ks... she is supposed to jump into the team fight and kill all the squishy players and while focusing down the tanks with her ult so she can then kill them. I reccommend starting off with the haunting guise and then going rabadon's.... after that zhonya's and if they have not started building mr then go dfg.

xpew75

03-27-2014

Quote:
SiIIy Goose:
Sorry for derailing but how do people deal with Katarina? I literally lose 75%+ of my games if she is on the other team.

Focus all your firepower into her because normally she will dive into your team to deal damage

Ryuukii

03-27-2014

Quote:
xpew75:
Focus all your firepower into her because normally she will dive into your team to deal damage

If the Kat doesn't let her team do its job, she will join the fight too early. In that case, it makes it a lot easier for your team, and you will want to kill her first. The better and more effective way is to let your team do some damage first as well as soak up some CC, and then shunpo in to kill, reset, kill, reset, etc. In that case, it'll be a lot harder, but hopefully at least one person on your team has CC for her ult or you change focus and kill her first.

Either way, the longer the Katarina is alive, the more resets and damage she gets, so you'll want her dead first.

Nasreth

03-28-2014

You can build a guise if you really want, but you're better off rushing a DFG. If you do build a guise, you'll eventually want to sell it. It's not worth the slot lategame and Liandry's isn't that great on Kat.

Ilestgentil

03-28-2014

Katarina is a clean up champion
You probably need the resets to jump between and kill people in teamfights and since she has burst, its likely she will end up getting the kill

Guise is not a great rush, you really need the burst from DFG to secure those early kills and snowball

You can't build Liandrys on kat so you will need to sell Guise later for your 6th item

"Sorry for derailing but how do people deal with Katarina? I literally lose 75%+ of my games if she is on the other team"
if you picked one of those farming/shoving mid laners like Orianna, you shove the wave to prevent roam
Must absolutely call MIAs on kat
You bot lane should be warding up, because if the support isn't warding, they're doing their job wrong
If she roams and you know where she is going, you can often follow her if you're another assassin because in terms of 1v1, katarina is in the weaker spectrum
Akali, Fizz, Zed, Talon all can kill her 1v1 all out at level 6 because its really easy to outplay her ultimate

If Akali fights katarina in her shroud, Akali will straight up win due to the extra MR it provides

Fizz can do enough damage to save his E for when Katarina ults

Zed -> same but with ultimate

Talon -> same but with E

Unless Kat is AD, she will be useless when all her skills are on cooldown and you can outplay her ultimate (like Fizz)

5C4r3Cr0w

03-28-2014

To add, if you are losing to Kat you are losing to her roam most likely. Most mid laners can push much faster and much safer than her and generally can duel her. So punish her for using her skills to push lane, then follow her - that'll be much more beneficial than pinging MIA since most people ignore this.

Otherwise, instead of calling enemy missing, use danger pings on the lane she is going to. Literally ping on your team mates, that way they are well aware. Sometimes they'll choose to ignore you but other times the enemy missing ping is just too quiet and they are busy focusing on their own lane.

Abulbn

03-29-2014

Oh my, everyone wants to kill Kat now :P

PappaSmurf23

04-04-2014

Quote:
PusH Vongola:
1. ignore them.
2. rushing a haunting guise is for her QWE, her ratios on those skills are not too hot. So that is why any people build a guise. ( basically it makes your harass actually hurt a little)

My personal build on kat is boots->Guise->Sorcs->Zhonyas->Rabbadon's, Void or Abyssal (depends on enemy teams builds) and then my GA sometime soon.

You can't really have one build,It all varies who you got matched up with as well as the poke and counter situation.