UFO Corki Spotted!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Light Yagamii

01-07-2010

i spended rp points on corki =( NO DONT GIVE HIM FREE (if i get a refund im okay)...

AdmiralKrunk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSabre View Post
I assume that they are going to do the same thing as they did with the beta test skins. They unlock the champion for free and give us the skin at the same time. Which is why they stated a registered date (which was also done with the beta test skins).
I don't necessarily think that will be the case. For example, I know people who have the PAX CM skin but don't actually own CM. And since there have only been two instances (so far) of Riot giving away free skins, it's a 50:50 shot that they'll be unlocking Corki as well as giving us the skin (when we win another, which, of course, we will).

In my opinion, I wouldn't bet that Riot would unlock Corki for us. They stand to make a decent amount of money by not and allowing us to do it ourselves. Personally, I hope they don't unlock him for everyone... Playing against a good Corki is just as bad as playing against a good Master Yi now-a-days XD

Also, if they were to give away Corki, don't plan on a refund, lol. May I remind you of the flat health rune nerf? What's spent is spent and Riot knows you won't throw away your LoL-crack because you lost out on some RP/IP in the longrun.

But anyways, overall that's an amazing skin and I love forward to playing with it.

Shimrra3

01-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schadadle View Post
So what if some people dont own corki?
This is my query as well, I don't want to miss out on a perfectly good free skin because I didn't spend 6300 IP yet... will we get the free skin even with the champion locked (like some people have said about PAX TF)?

DeAdLiNe

01-07-2010

Nice skin Riot.I supported you on IGN ,but i think on the 2nd nomination Modern Warfare 2 has better odds to win it.

Assasinates13

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2010

If you don't give corki free with the skin, I would still vote but with only 1 thing in mind: Let LoL win. Even if you didnt put the incentive i would happily vote for LoL. But since you have already given out the incentive, I don't think it's smart to only give the skin but not the champ. I suggest total refunds for corki owners too since they may have bought him when store was launcehed immediately.

2c.

CoVi

01-07-2010

Dear Pendragon: Would you marry me?

Replay

01-07-2010

Nice Skin

IS1611d82ca8b215

Adjudicator

01-07-2010

Yaaay, new skin! Which is a total remodel. Those are the kind of skins people love Riot! Keep on rockin'!

Questions, summary of the above + additions:

-What if we don't own corki?
-Can we buy this skin later or is it only available for people with an account prior to tha time?
-What if you're giving corki for free? Will be people be refunded? Automatically?
-Does he get a "alien" voice?
-

ToshiroX

01-07-2010

I created an account,forgot my email password,took me 1h to remember to verify it.So you'd better give me my UFO skin XDDD nah its fine,if we dont win then better luck next time!

BankBank

01-07-2010

probable answers to the questions that everyone keeps asking:

* no, you will not be given corki. you will ONLY receive the skin. if you don't own corki then you can't use the skin, but if you do eventually buy him or he is free for a week you will be able to utilize the skin
* no, the skin will not be for sale at any point in time