Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Easy to play, but strong mid laners

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TissueLover

08-30-2014

For my money the easiest mid lane champ you can use with a good teamfighting abiltiy is syndra She's easy to use.. PS: I suck at syndra

JayWhyOkay

Recruiter

08-30-2014

Here's a list of champs that helped me when learning how to mid.

Annie (nothing wrong sticking with tried and true)
Heimerdinger (Easy to farm)
Ahri (maybe a challenge for beginner AP laners? Not sure)
Ziggs/Xerath (stand back and use skills. Teaches you positioning)
Katarina/Akali (Key is to either wait for a power spike or get fed early imo)
Ryze (In my opinion a very solid champ that's often overlooked. Tanky and strong, but not your usual bursty mid laner. Also very cheap.)
Mordekaiser (In my opinion a very good laning phase that annoys your enemies a LOT. Read up about him to find out why)

GhettoLhama

08-30-2014

Ryze fo sho is easy as hell and a hyper carry mid-late game
even if u feed or are behind once it's lategame you're still solid as hell
Zilean also easy to play and strong, gives utilities in teamfights, and also has a mini GA ult
Keep in mind he only has 1 dmg skill

Kylecake7

08-31-2014

Zed is easy to play too in my opinion
He can escape easilly.
He does lots of dmg late game when he has he's full build (Botrk > black cleaver > the last whisper > B.T > Ionian Boots > Infinity Edge)

Fizz is a bursty champion which is also easy to play but takes skill.

MrMoekop

10-03-2014

I've heard that malzahar and ziggs are pretty fun, strong, and easy

Lord Khaoz

10-03-2014

I found the easiest champ to learn/improve at mid lane is Morg, anti magic shield, root, AOE dmg, really strong ult and innate spellvamp

Big Dirty Deuce

10-04-2014

Like Lord khaoz said. Morgana is really nice mid. Ziggs is pretty solid. I would not recommend an assassin type champion as lots of people have suggested like akali or kat or zed. They are a lot riskier to play if you dont know how to use them. Best bet is morg,ziggs,malazhar,Orianna. People that can farm safe and still do a ton of dmg and great aoe for team fights.

Dontxforgetxme

10-05-2014

the two mid champs i would recommend with easy pick up and win potential are
Malzahar-obviously
and Lux which i'm stunned nobody mentioned. lux can be played safely and only go all in once you land a snare. and late game shes just as valuable, even if yo don't hit those game changing snares and shields. the easy damage output from safely behind your front line is always welcomed.

RomanMVP

10-05-2014

Zed is extremely fun and rewarding, he is also very strong.

Just spend a few days getting used to how he plays and you'll be crushing people.

acrid56

10-05-2014

umm, try annie. All of her kit is fairly straight forward, she has low cds, a stun, large burst dmg, strong at any point in the game, and cheap(450ip). her abilities are all easy to use, and using them in whatever order does not matter.