Summoner's Rift Map Design feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Murderology

04-09-2014

You can't fix what's perfect. To rework SR into a horizontal map would be risky.

daft inquisitor

04-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronogen View Post
You can't fix what's perfect. To rework SR into a horizontal map would be risky.
But it's not perfect? Otherwise there wouldn't be any complaints at all?

Don't get me wrong, I love SR, but I think there is room for improvement.

Cya later Nerds

04-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotForScience View Post
I have heard the feedback about rotating the map 45 degrees a good bit and think it is a fine idea in principle. As an exercise assume that our maps need to be square. How would you reconfigure the map islands and camps to accommodate this?
just wish there was a newly themed map or another map that makes laning and ganking etc plays for instance more interesting, i understand its difficult to design one on spot when you guys are busy, but i think we needed a nice map to make the game more "optional", even though it is in other aspects.

King Kappa

04-09-2014

I think changes would probably be a nightmare to balance. Guinsoo, Icefrog and the gang got it right with DotA, it's best not to mess with a good thing. Especially seeing how placing 100 some odd champions into a differently configured map makes a totally uncompetitive, non-serious, total jokes gameplay format (Dominion, 3v3, aram maps...)

MarhsallLee67

04-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisket451 View Post
I think it would be cool if lightning flashes when someone gets a pentakill.
Some type of weather system would actually be pretty cool if it didn't screw with the fps too much.

Level100 Latias

04-09-2014

blue team its kinda easier to play, because mostly you are going up, not down which is so annoying..well map rotate its hard to set as you said, well, you say you play bot but you are "top"
well, some ppls dont care if they are "top" they just wanna play easier, and by the way whoever wants can paly with "map rotate" and who ever doesnt wanna, just dont click it ( if they add this option ofc)
and smthing more, never understound why riot dont allow us unzoom more, this might help red team a bit, +can help locked camera ppls, you willb e able to see a lot more + no need move camera

TheUndeadCpt

04-10-2014

One thing I'd like to see is the seasonal maps again. They were my favorite part of league <3 Unless they were removed for a specific reason then oh well.

Kiech Bepho

04-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUndeadCpt View Post
One thing I'd like to see is the seasonal maps again. They were my favorite part of league <3 Unless they were removed for a specific reason then oh well.
I think Riot gave up on them after complaints that the winter map was too bright, and the Harrowing map had a creep that would pop a spell shield. You can still play with them if you download them from the web, but it would be cool to have them as an option, even if you had to spend IP on them.

Noctes setcoN

04-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiech Bepho View Post
I think Riot gave up on them after complaints that the winter map was too bright, and the Harrowing map had a creep that would pop a spell shield. You can still play with them if you download them from the web, but it would be cool to have them as an option, even if you had to spend IP on them.
I think they're waiting to completely revamp SR before bringing back the seasonal-themed map skins. Much like how it's easier/better to make new skins for champs after they've gotten a VU, it'll be better to wait for SR to get the same treatment.

Noctes setcoN

04-14-2014

I know I am not the first to suggest this, and I am aware that implementing this would very likely warrant a complete jungle+river revamp, but have you guys considered adding destructible terrain to the map?

The purpose of this would be to add other possible objectives on the map for both teams. The benefits could be strategic map advantage, as the opening of that terrain could open up a key route/shortcut through the enemy territory, which could allow for easier lane ganks and such. Also perhaps some gold to those taking part in the destruction, similar to how tower gold is dispersed.

It shouldnt be necessary, but it could allow teams more ways to gain an advantage. Perhaps they could even be able to repair destroyed terrain perhaps at the cost of gold and time?

*As a side suggestion that could be slightly related, have you guys considered adding upgrades for towers and/or minions? As in, purchasable augments for the towers/minions, changing their offensive/defensive capabilities.