Summoner's Rift Map Design feedback

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bubz

03-24-2014

Few ideas I've through of through the years:

1.) Changes --- bring some new content into the game. (wolves are now gargoyles with claws?, etc)
2.) Update the graphics of some of the particles on the ground. I look at these every game, they aren't very detailed; but are very abundant.
3.) 4 Lanes (this may be more biased towards a new map type)
4.) Random World Events (based on what champions are in the game?)
5.) Change of tree layout -- dramatically. It's been the same for 4 years now.

PlsApport

03-24-2014

Most of all I think the map needs to keep support for higher end systems as well. As mentioned in the other thread, HA and TT destroy lower end systems. One thing that isn't mentioned is that they also destroy higher end systems. I have a GTX 760 in my current rig (as well as an AMD 8350) - it's a pretty good system. I get 250~ frames on the standard SR map on highest settings, but I see frame drops to 45 on HA - it's kind of absurd TBH.

Wouldn't want that happening with the lovely SR map!

Koi Nami Only

03-24-2014

Idk this is really small but...does anyone else think of how long Dragon has to be there just...flapping? Day in and day out, always flying and never gets a rest. D:

I Didn Do It

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2014

I agree about the dragon, when there are no champions around, like if it's just warded, make it land with its head between its wings as if it's sleeping, when champions come near the pit let it "prepare" itself to attack!

Edit: Also when people scout it with like an Ezreal ultimate, or shots over the wall while it's sleeping, it should get seriously ticked off and spew fire in the air while shaking it's head.

daft inquisitor

03-25-2014

I loved the fact that there used to be seasonal maps, but I'm upset there haven't been any lately. I think it adds more flavor to the game.

Is there a possibility of getting seasonal maps back, or maybe maps based on time of day? Like, if the majority of players playing the game are in early afternoon, have the map be a "daylight" map, but if the majority of the players are in an area where it's night, it could be a "night themed" map? I would love that honestly.

Though, I do use a TON of custom map skins from YuriXYWorks myself...

Abeem

03-25-2014

I think the map could be "prettier" all together. Improved graphics, textures, and colors (colors are a little dull...).

I love the idea of Dragon landing when no one is around!

Also, I wish the purple and blue sides were more "equal". Or if not more equal, make them drastically different. I feel like purple side is just the "bad" side to be on....it needs a change.

More terrain types. Like a "desert" section in the jungle, or maybe a jungle temple.....just some eye candy I guess.

Brisket451

03-25-2014

I think it would be cool if lightning flashes when someone gets a pentakill.

Noctes setcoN

03-25-2014

I think a lot of people here are confusing "map design" with "art design". Pretty sure they want to discuss matters such as brush placements, general geometry placements and sizes, etc etc, not how things actually look (that would go into the "detailed art feedback" thread).

Let's hope @RiotForScience hasnt forgotten this thread already.

twinksthebard

03-25-2014

I like on things other than just making the map prettier and adding some life to as people have said an option for a different theme to play would be a nice touch. I dont like to mute the sound when I play for the sake of hearing pings, and such things and another tune to switch out to would be nice. Also I think the map could do with a bit more to it in terms of jungle camp path variation. I have never seen anyone use the wight as part of their path instead leaving it for the closest lane to go pick up some gold maybe not add new camps but change the way the current camps are so that rushing certain camps are certain times gives more rewards. I also think the jungle should be mirrored and the camps could do with a bit more life but into them as people have said. The river I feel could also use something to make it more than a place you ward for the sake of baron and dragon. All and all the map isn't really bad as much as it is just old and kinda the same its always been for 4 years and when you only have 3 maps to play on it really take some of the fun out of it.

ChairJockey

03-25-2014

hate to say it but the Blizzard maps actually look fun compared to summoners rift. though obviously the base game design is different enough where those kind of maps might not work well at all in league

12345612 ... 13