Reviews Wrap-Up for League of Legends

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nubiaterising

01-06-2010

The good pub.,is well deserved kudos,so is the bad,there is much to improve on,there to many things wrong with the basics,in that I mean M.M. Yah,they say they will fix it,but it ain't fixed now.

Cukos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daikaze View Post
I like LoL, but to be fair it's not for everyone. There are a few bad reviews out there, but that's to be expected with this sort of game.

Anyways, I always just go to Metacritic: http://www.metacritic.com/games/plat...20of%20legends
Need to be able to rate posts like this down to oblivion. Metacritic is nothing but a collection of any reviews possible. It's like someone just google "League of Legends Review" and posted all the links. A site that even considers a website like Boomtown as a "review" site is pathetic.

Adam Hall is a miserable author who should not be reviewing PC games when his opening comments are "If like me you have never played the Warcraft 3 mod Defence of the Ancients, you can expect your introduction to League of Legends to be a torturous one. With the DotA mod team at the helm, this glorified tower defence game is practically a sequel to the original hit DotA 2, if you will offering, as I'm told, essentially the same game just with a prettier exterior"

Conclusion:

Metacritic fails because it links Boomtown.
Boomtown fails because it employs writers like Adam Hall.
Adam Hall fails because he writes a review based on what he is told.
What kind of author does that?

YummyCheese

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

01-06-2010

An honest post. I like. Read most of them already, but good post.

Carbs42

01-07-2010

"Best true PC game out this year" -10/10 Carbs42
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=43863&page=2

couldn't help myself

Aknar

01-07-2010

how to describe League of legends on a few words based on the reviews? a big,precious and beautiful gem that has yet to be polished and was exposed too soon

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

01-07-2010
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Cukos: I agree with your latter three statements. However, I don't feel it's up to Metacritic to decide what is a legitimate review site. (Perhaps they could weight reviews based on site traffic to slightly alleviate this).

DarchZero

01-07-2010

Good community: check
Good gaming experience: check
Newbie friendliness: ??
Player-which-plays-good friendliness: overchecked.

Still; loving the reviews!

PatrickBatemanVP

01-07-2010

While a lot of people check reviews for games, the best way to expand the game is word of mouth. Every game I have gotten into over the last 10 years have been because my friends played. Everyone keep talking to you friends about how fun and awesome LoL is. Post on meta critic to dispute bad reviews of people who obviously didn't play the game. If your friends don't play, maybe you need new friends

Evernight

01-07-2010

I read gamespot's review, and they were correct in their criticism - but it sure as hell didn't merit a 6.0 review. I have become increasingly anti-gamespot as of late - their reviews don't match up to my thoughts much anymore.

Seraph888

01-07-2010

This is the best game i ever played since Starcraft.