Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Stuck on logging on, then retrieving data, can't join games/pick champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YoLittleSister

03-22-2014

So today afternoon, everything was fine. I took a nap and client got more messed up than it already was.

I put in user name/ password and logging in like normal, the client is stuck on logging on for a good 2-3 min (normally log on instantly). Then sometimes after 2-3 minutes it finally logs on, and sometimes i just give up completely. When I do end up logging on, the window will be at the main LoL client page, and a "retrieving data from server" window appears in the client. And after a while this goes away and friends invited me to a game, we get in queue and when a match is made, and we all go in champion select, instead of seeing the normal champ select page, i see black on my side, and ended up kicked out because I couldn't select a champion.
I have an account on EU West too, and the same stuck on logging on happens too.

I have restarted computer to close all programs (because I normally never shut down, i just put it to sleep), didn't fix.

I have a macbook pro retina early 2013 model:
2.4GHz i7 Intel quad core
8GB total memory 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024MB
Software OS X 10.9.2 (13C64)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YoLittleSister

03-23-2014

it seemed to have fixed itself