Playing on Mac

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KoMMeHT

03-21-2014

Hello there, I'm using mac client league on mac air.
I've noticed after first game, after stopped using command q, that my air 2012 is breathing heavily, does anyone have similar situation? Did your laptop burn?

I've also set everything on low.

Xeculus

03-21-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoMMeHT View Post
Hello there, I'm using mac client league on mac air.
I've noticed after first game, after stopped using command q, that my air 2012 is breathing heavily, does anyone have similar situation? Did your laptop burn?

I've also set everything on low.
Yeah the fans in mine also whirr slightly when I play a game. The Mac client isn't very good and it's not really optimized; it's still in beta actually. So unless you have a high spec machine, your computer will probably have to work a little harder running the client.

KoMMeHT

03-21-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeculus View Post
Yeah the fans in mine also whirr slightly when I play a game. The Mac client isn't very good and it's not really optimized; it's still in beta actually. So unless you have a high spec machine, your computer will probably have to work a little harder running the client.
yeah but the question is, will it burn? Will i be destroying my laptop.

MindBullets

03-21-2014

If you have a cooling mat you might give that a try. Does the laptop seem hotter to the touch than it normally does?
I play on an iMac with an i5 processor and as Xeculus commented the Mac client is a work in progress.
If you have BootCamp, my suggestion is to download LOL and run it in Windows to see if you experience the same issue.

ThiZzlE

06-23-2014

I play on a MBP, i7 8gs of ram, with settings all on low, and usually run 65fps but my MBP will be burning hot, and i will get random lag spikes (not server lag) and the client will crash sometimes and open bugreport. Idk but i think they should put more effort into supporting mac's imo.

FreakinUnoriginl

06-23-2014

You can use something like [Temperature Monitor] to determine the actual temperature of your machine. On a machine with a discrete GPU (like Geforce 650M or Radeon HD 6750M) 70 degrees Celsius should be what the GPU hits before the system starts holding back. If it's getting temperatures above 70 degrees C, try an SMC reset [Apple support link].

I was getting runaway temperatures on OS X (any Unity game, League, some Unreal games) but not on Windows (Bootcamp on the same Mac), until I did an SMC reset.

Use a temperature monitor that just monitors; other apps like SMCfancontrol can interfere with your firmware's ability to manage the fans or adjust CPU/GPU speeds.

Scartafist

4 Weeks Ago

It's Best if you just don't play on Mac. Riot treats the Mac Client like a second class citizen. Client's been stuck in "BETA" for over a year. Just get a PC and save yourself the trouble. I tried with my Mac, and nothing has improved. PC is the way to go